• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Super Smash Brothers needs to become a 3D Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
SSBB and SSBM are more STRATEGIC. You have to have good judgment to win a fight. n64 ssb was truly wonderful, but ssbm and ssbb are better still. They have REFINED it. Just like 3 weeks ago I didn't know how to edgehog (no I'm not a noob -_-). That's what smashboards is for. There are so many things to do in any situation, it's incredible. If you're saying that's a bad thing, I do not agree.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Go congratulate yourself. You deserve it.
Haha, thank you.

LordoftheMorning said:
SSBB and SSBM are more STRATEGIC. You have to have good judgment to win a fight. n64 ssb was truly wonderful, but ssbm and ssbb are better still. They have REFINED it. Just like 3 weeks ago I didn't know how to edgehog (no I'm not a noob -_-). That's what smashboards is for. There are so many things to do in any situation, it's incredible. If you're saying that's a bad thing, I do not agree.
I agree with this, although Melee (at least in my opinion) holds more true to this than Brawl. I don't know what it is about Brawl, it just always feels like you're fooling around when you're playing it, while with Melee you feel like you're accomplishing something. I don't know, maybe that's just me, but...

In any case, you're right. They've refined it over time. There are cases where I'd certainly argue they've gone the wrong direction since the first game, Smash Bros is one of the places where I would say they have not.

RixMaadi

Smash Cadet
Have you seen Sonic? Sonic went downhill when they attempted a 3D Sonic.

No, a 3D Smash would be failure. Need more 2D Smash.
I thought Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were decent. <.<

I wouldn't mind them doing an experiment with the original 12 characters, to see what fans thought of it and how the game felt.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
the only thing that's needed is for people to stop posting their huge *** sig when they make a short post. >:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom