• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHY Roy is better than Marth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I think Roy is better and my postcount > 500. So yeah.

edit:// lol God I'm such a troll today.
edit2:// Is Roy's usmash actually a spike? Not just a meteor?
edit3:// That's gross.

flaco

The Terminator
should I remind you guys that marth owns roy and there is a tier list for a reason also marth is better in everyway in recovery in range in speed so why would you say roy is better?answer me that

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
should I remind you guys that marth owns roy and there is a tier list for a reason also marth is better in everyway in recovery in range in speed so why would you say roy is better?answer me that
Should I remind you that you should click on the above link?

The tier list doesn't exist to prove some characters are better than others; the fact that some characters are better than others is what proves the validity of the concept of a tier list. Not the converse.

To say Marth is better in "everyway" is both ignorant and snide. You're saying Marth's upsmash is better than Roy's? His dancing blade is better than Roy's DED? How about the fact that Roy can enter a low-tier tournament, and Marth can't?

Perhaps Roy is better than Marth at lower levels of gameplay. As in, when you've only played the game for a week or so, you're might do better with Roy than you do with Marth. Maybe that's why some people say Roy is better.

This is also not taking into account character counters. There are some Roys that would beast 70% of the Foxes out there.

Additionally, you claim that Marth is better in speed? I think you need to watch what you say. Marth is definitely more fluid than Roy, but in terms of move-speeds, Roy has some moves which are definitely faster or up to par. Marth is also a floaty, which tends to slow him down (in limited circumstances, given), whereas Roy's semi-fastfalling nature allows for some quick maneuvers. Again, you assume that speed is a huge factor. I'm not going to disagree, but I'll point out the following: Peach is quite a slow character, but she is definitely one of the best characters in the game, and one that smashers can use to beat some of the faster characters, space animals included. Inversely, Pichu is considered quite a fast character, but... well. I'm sure you know the tier list as well as I do.

=] Generalizations are the death of accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom