• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why no pivotted dtilts?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Why don't I ever see ganons pivot dtilts? I did it in a match a couple times on accident, and it actually worked wonders. I have a hard time doing it on purpose though :(

Why don't I see this in any vids? What do you guys think about the technique, and why wasn't it discussed previously?

chaddd

Smash Lord
Pivoting down tilts is not only a pretty hard tactic to learn consistently, but there is not much of a chance to use it since the down tilt is so slow. =\

Linguini

Smash Master
Pivoting f-smashes and f-tilts in the same situation is what i find more effective. If you could give me a situation where this could be useful id understand you better.

JFox

Smash Hero
This would be really hard considering you would usually end up crouching and stopping your dash animation. Also it is rather slow, so if someone L cancelled, after a missed air attack, they could just shield it.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I can't think of a situation that would make it better than f-tilt of f-smash, maybe something will come to me later. It does look cool though, and it can set up for a combo.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
hmmm, dtilt to fair works on several characters at certain dmg% ranges.

also, no one really expects to be dtilted so their DI will probably be crappy.

I just though of the idea of doing a ledgeDash Dtilt as an act of recovery, that should screw over a falco/fox/falcon if pulled off properly

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
IMO, a pivoted f-tilt angled down would have a much faster/greater/and more situational effect on an enemy.And depending on who you're playing, and what character they are using..that tactic may have little to no effect. On top of this..im sure you could get severely punished for screwing up. As many people said before..this would be very hard to learn consistenly..and if you did.could become very predictable.i think the ONLY time this could have any play imo is if you pivot the d'tilt for an edge-gaurd. But thats all i can see it being used for.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Do you suppose it could dodge F-tilts by some characters? That could be pretty useful if true.

Next for discussion: pivotted U-tilt, they would never see it coming...lol

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff tries to rest.... OH AND GANON PIVOTS A UTILT! This could be trouble for Jigglypuff....

AND IT CONNECTS!

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Jabs are very easy to pivot. They are second easiest to Fsmashes in my opinion.
Just make sure you only flick the control stick in the opposite direction.

Top Bottom