• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why marth sucks against roy

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
For all you "marth over roy lovers" you're...EXTREMELY wrong.
Roy, is actually the better of the two. Marth is fast, sure, but everything else is on a downside. He's easier to smack across the screen.
Bowser: "MOVE IT BISH"

Marth: "x.x"

And Roy isn't however, and he is much more powerful.

Marth may be fast a swinging his blade, but their not very powerful. Link and Roy have more damage in their blades, at least TWO of his hits equals ONE of theirs.
Y'know that yellow part in his blade, in the middle? THAT'S his strong point, I don't see how you got "blade" and "hilt" confused in the trophy discription. Also, his Up+B recovery isn't any different from marth besides the fact it has more force behind it. Also, "Teh fire" has nothing to do with it, in fact, you fail on that part. (Especially, that part) Encase you don't know, there's "clash" in this game. If a skilled player using roy is fighting a skilled marth, there's a disadvantage for the marth, period. This is because Since Roy is such a powerhouse he can charge at marth, and if you "clash" Roy will win, because roys blade is actually more power than marth's at close range. Also, A skilled Roy player can easily get "into the fray" to commit ownage, usually if someone is good at combos with a character (Like me with roy) Usually people like marth are screwed because of their defense.
Also, considering it's a vid game, there is no "strategic point" cause if you focus on the tip of the blade too much, you fail. Also, most of the characters have a range as big as marth and roys, so you can't necessarily get out of their range without getting out of range for your own blade. Marth is only good if you can dodge, if you can't dodge, then he's pwned. Roy's betters because he doesn't need to dodge, and if you can use him correctly you can own any marth fanboy....or someone who's good at marth.
Not to mention you said marth was SLIGHTLY faster than roy.
You see, if you have all power houses vs. marth, you're screwed. Roy is a character that can fight any type, fast, slow, medium. If marth is fighting chars like (Ganondorf, Bowser, DK) He won't really be good.
Roy has more of a chance because his attacks are stronger.

kobefox2485

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alfredo24pr
the problem is that roy is too slow to use at a good level, and marthkind sucks also cause hes so easy to kill

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
LOL, these joke threads crack me up. My favorite part was how you messed up your facts(purposely of course). You should be a comedian.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
LOL! You actually did it - without a disclaimer either! Way to go man! XD

Edit: So I checked when you did this and wow...you didn't spare a minute. You hopped right to it. Talk about enthusiasm. lol

greenpika

Smash Cadet
I FINALLY FOUND WHO STARTED THIS THREAD!!! this was posted all over the marth thread! man... i cant believe anyone can possibly think roy is better than marth!

heres the link. i truly laffed when i first saw this post, because the person seemed so sure of himself...

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=144036

about the clash, roy would not move fast enough, so marth would attack before roy could move. roy falls faster and dies. true. roy and links hits do twice the damage. but marths does three attacks by the time they do one. total, it still does more. the skilled stuff, marth has a huge advantage. marth can kill and spike a roy before he realizes the game has started. roy doesnt need to dodge because hes so heavy. he'll just accumulate damage and die. and the part where roy can fight all types of chars... theres no way he can fight anyone fast... besides, marth attacks so fast theres no reason to dodge. ganon, DK, and bowser... no projectiles, slow as heck... marth can easily beat these guys, especially with his spacing. he will have an EASIER time than roy.

but what really scares me is the part "theres no strategic point". u must be serious noob, and u probably dont know any ad techs. seriously, what part of "mind game" had nothing to do with "strategic point"? learn how to play with the characters before acting like you know
that many pros have been debating forever.

EDIT: crap. srry. still gonna keep lookin
it wasnt him that posted it... keep lookin

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Okay....I'll talk to you in "Non-tech" terms. When I first played this game....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when Smash started.....I enjoyed playing Roy....ALL the time. however, if I lost with Roy, what did I do? I switched to Marth. Why is this? Because even at low-level play, Marth>Roy. I could see that YEARS ago. Why the HECK can't people see this now!? Seriously, Roy has more power, and that's it!!! I <3 Roy, I truly do, but he SUCKS compared to Marth!! I have ALWAYS known that. The thing about Roy is that he just appeals as a cooler character to me. I just like Roy, it's why I play him, and I can't STAND Marth. You play who you like, but stop trying to make things up. *sigh* Take away L-canceling and WD. Oh gee....let's look at this.....MARTH>ROY!!!! why can I beat Marth players with Roy at lower level play? Oh....let's look at this....because I'm the BETTER and SMARTER palyer!!! Even if I don't use advanced techniques I can still **** a Marth that refuses to use Tec skills because they "Exploit". If Roy>Marth, it's only because the Roy player is a.)Better or b.)Smarter. I'm not usually so excitable, but trying to make points on lower level play....I can't take it sometimes. *sigh*

"Crank that Roy"

Top Bottom