• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why Kirby is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotshotScott0007

Smash Cadet
hey i main bowser but i am trying to decide upon few other mains so as to keep opponents guessing i will be going to each character community and asking why that player is good and what is good about them and also what is bad about them please tell me why i should (or shouldn't) consider kirby as my main. all input would be appreciated but the more detail the better

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
wow, u went and posted this on every board, i'll b surprised if u dont get a message from the mods.

But, regardless of if they tell u **** i'll post here. Kirby has some of the best combo potential in the game. His Bair and Utilt have amazing priority losing only to a handful of moves ie G&W bair, we counter any fast falling character ie Spaceys, were recognized as Hi Tier and make an excellent secondary character to counter opponents. Here are some vids showcasing good Kirby techniques.

My Instructional/Combo Video

My combo Video

Little Weapon Combo Video

Hat Combos

More vids u can see
Kirby Video Archive

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
kirby has tons of potential.
pros: one of the few chars that has true combos, hes got lots of priority and exellent recovery. and great killing moves for his size and kirbicides to make opponents think twice about approaching you on the ledge. his copy move means trouble for a lot of campy chars since he gets the power and spams back. and he doesnt have much lag and has a great spike.

on the otherhand, his upb is edgeguardable thus abusable so you might have to learn walltechoing to counter it. his light wieght is a means for other chars to get low percent kills off the ceiling so you have to counterpick stages with highceilings(jungle japes)

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Kirby's mid because the new combo I'm working on can be done on kirby and can't be done on the likes of jigg/peach/zelda. They're way more light than Kirby! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom