• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Kirby Didn't show up in the SSBB Demo

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I love kirby! And i wanted to know why the SSBB demo did not feature him in the character selection. I mean it's kirby!
I think i've found the reason. A secret or something they were working on, Kirby's powers! When he sucks up other characters and gains their neutral button ability. I would have loved to see those in the demo... I guess their still working onit.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
I think we should be more concerned about Lucas and Ike, they are in the demo correct? However, no one has confirmed whether or not they are clones or complete remakes.

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I love kirby! And i wanted to know why the SSBB demo did not feature him in the character selection. I mean it's kirby!
I think i've found the reason. A secret or something they were working on, Kirby's powers! When he sucks up other characters and gains their neutral button ability. I would have loved to see those in the demo... I guess their still working onit.
Maybe, probably, in fact. If one of Kirby's powers is glitchy (probably Sonic's, as they rushed to get him in the demo), he can't be in. And no, Lucas isn't in the demo.

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
I think it has been confirmed that ike isnt a clone. Watch some of the videos. Im far from a smash expert, but he moves diffrently from marth and roy and some of his attacks seem to be diffrent.

But thats just me. You can look for yourself if you want.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I was thinking it'd be something new with the Kirby hats that they want to keep a surprise. Maybe instead of just a hat Kirby gets the whole body (ex. Game and Watch).

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Kirby has been hidden alot since the beginning. We didnt get any of his moves updated so far and he took forever to update his Final Smash o.o. And now he's not even in the Demo.

Sakurai defiantly has something new about Kirby that he wants to suprise us with XD

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Kirby has been hidden alot since the beginning. We didnt get any of his moves updated so far and he took forever to update his Final Smash o.o. And now he's not even in the Demo.

Sakurai defiantly has something new about Kirby that he wants to suprise us with XD

I want more Fighter Kirby moves.

Can you guys guess my favourite video game character?

fr0st2k

Smash Journeyman
Topics like these should be reserved for gamefaqs. We dont care about your opinion on this subject. This post is worthless, hopefully the mods will be able to get this board back on track.

Ch-Akruru

Smash Cadet
He probably just hasn't finished the abilities yet, after all, we haven't seen any abilities in the screenshots. Wario was also left out of the demo despite being announced with the actual game like Kirby, gotta wonder what's wrong with him.

I want more Fighter Kirby moves.

Can you guys guess my favourite video game character?
Captain Falcon, of course!

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
I'm only going to assume that the reason veterans such as Kirby, Zelda, and Ice Climbers aren't in the demo is because they are in the midst of a rebalancing overhaul and that the other characters were deemed "balanced enough" for a demo. As for the absent newcomers, I guess they just aren't done with them yet.

I didn't think about the Kirby hats, though, so that could be another reason for Kirby not being in. Also it would be awesome if he did steal all 4 special moves. Imagine Kirby using the shine. ;)

Zarckoh

Smash Apprentice
I think it was because of Kirby's absorbing ability, probably Sakurai didn't wanted to reveal us how he seems when he absorbs characters like Sonic and Diddy.

VeryAngrykirby

Smash Journeyman
Methinks the only in-battle footage of Zelda was when she was in Petey's cage. >_> Then again, I wasn't looking that closely.... *Goes back to the site*

Also, methinks that they haven't come up with all the hats yet for Kirby. That's pretty much what everyone else may have been saying.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I'm just pretty sure he wants to keep some of his hats as suprises for the dojo or something since we have 4 months of updates left if they keep going until the game releases.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
I think he wasn't in the demo because the developers want to keep his hat tricks a secret for a little while longer.

And like VeryAngryKirby said, they probably haven't even completed all of his hat tricks yet.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

i agree with you completely, i do hope sakurai gives kirby a new twist, :):):)

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
They didn't put Kirby in the demo because they haven't revealed his B-moves yet either.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
^ That just popped into my mind. I wonder if he's keeping the hammer....
Tennis Racket!

SonicKirby, MetaknightKirby, PitKirby, all seem awesome. Maybe when he sucks them, he also get flying/gliding abilities like metaknight style. SonicKirby own everyone too easy so they couldn't have Kirby + Sonic in the same demo.

I want Kirby to get un-nerfed a bit, if he doesn't I'd still main him with all these new copy abilities waiting to be copied.

Top Bottom