• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why isn't this used?

PCHU

Smash Lord
I didn't know this, but Falco has a real chainthrow?

Okay, why isn't it used in tournaments?
I've racked up 59% with it, and I could've gone farther with good timing.
It's very easy to do, just dthrow, grab, continue, so why don't they do it?

I'm sure it's widely known by know, because the game has been practically cracked open, read, and shut.
So, why?
WHY?

And what's up with his new accent in SSBB?
He never had it before, and he's not that rude little punk anymore......what happened?

vato_break

Smash Master
I didn't know this, but Falco has a real chainthrow?

Okay, why isn't it used in tournaments?
I've racked up 59% with it, and I could've gone farther with good timing.
It's very easy to do, just dthrow, grab, continue, so why don't they do it?

I'm sure it's widely known by know, because the game has been practically cracked open, read, and shut.
So, why?
WHY?

And what's up with his new accent in SSBB?
He never had it before, and he's not that rude little punk anymore......what happened?
If you didn't know this,how did you use it in tornaments??

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Because it doesn't work. They can tech it, or if they're the only character that can't tech it, they can shine you out if it.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Sigh, I hate these boards so much...

this "chainthrow", only works on Fox because when Falco dthrows fox, Melee is stupid and doesn't actually have Fox hit the ground when Falco throws his furry little *** into the ground. This means that Fox can't tech it and instead ends the dthrow animation standing up, in perfect position to be grabbed again. The catch? Well, since your character (Falco) is busy throwing something into the ground and shooting lasers on them, Fox is just getting hit by the lasers, not the throw, which is what generates the hitlag nessesary for a thrown character to be unable to punish the throwing character. This means that Fox actually gets the first oppurtunity to do something after your dthrow. A good Fox will always grab or shine you out of your dthrow, it's like a combo, but you're the one that gets *****.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Ok.
I see.
Stinks, and it's cool, because of the people who don't know how to tech.
But, I'm guessing it can be used AT LEAST once per match, because people don't expect everything, at least not if you like random attacks.

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
only do it once time through, whichever person you played (most likely computer) didn't DI or know how to shine out of it.

Fox only plz

Top Bottom