• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why isn’t there a party mode online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
So I mainly play competitive, three stocks, 7 minutes, no items, legal stages, etc... but sometimes I just wanna have fun. It would be cool if there was a party mode that was all four player free for alls with all stages and items and say like 5 stocks and a 15 minute time limit. Of course I could do a ruleset like this but it would effect my GSP and making an arena is unreliable if you don’t have some friends already down to play this way and it would be nice to have on matchmaking. I think Nintendo missed an opportunity with this one

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Because it's 2019 and Nintendo still doesn't understand how people like to use online features.

That's why.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Because it's 2019 and Nintendo still doesn't understand how people like to use online features.

That's why.
They really don’t. You’d think they’d hire dedicated online UI guys and put the simple things everybody wants in the game that would basically take no effort. I understand the way they play the game in Japan is different but the US is just as big a demographic for them

But they know we’ll but their games anyway so they don’t care

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
They really don’t. You’d think they’d hire dedicated online UI guys and put the simple things everybody wants in the game that would basically take no effort. I understand the way they play the game in Japan is different but the US is just as big a demographic for them

But they know we’ll but their games anyway so they don’t care
It's really stupid how Nintendo is still acting like it's the early 2000's and we'll gawk at even the simplest form of online play. PC gaming, Xbox, PS,, even Mobile gaming has better online than Nintendo at this point since they're refusing to improve the quality of their connection and play services.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
It's really stupid how Nintendo is still acting like it's the early 2000's and we'll gawk at even the simplest form of online play. PC gaming, Xbox, PS,, even Mobile gaming has better online than Nintendo at this point since they're refusing to improve the quality of their connection and play services.
It really is. It’s not like the regular devs even have to touch online. They can just hire a few online devs and improve their infrastructure and I think they’d be more successful than they already are. Especially with a game like Smash Ultimate where for a lot for a lot of people the only way they can play people close to their skill level is through online. Unfortunately they won’t change because we all bought and love the game anyway but eventually it’ll become a fatal flaw

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Ya know. If you wanna circlejerk online, there is a forum dedicated to it and everyone knows that a circlejerk is just more fun with more then 2 people.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Ya know. If you wanna circlejerk online, there is a forum dedicated to it and everyone knows that a circlejerk is just more fun with more then 2 people.
My point is I shouldn’t have to go through a forum to play the rule sets I want without taking off GSP

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
And you have options for that. If you're truly worried about missing some GSP, there are FFA-specific arenas you can go for. Which is dumb in the first place, since any GSP lost in FFA is easy to get back if you're at an appropriate skill level.

So MY point is that, if you wanna circlejerk about "missing" things in online (which are absolutely not missing and being worried about some meaningless ranking system doesn't change that FACT), there is a forum and even individual threads dedicated to the activity.

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
And you have options for that. If you're truly worried about missing some GSP, there are FFA-specific arenas you can go for. Which is dumb in the first place, since any GSP lost in FFA is easy to get back if you're at an appropriate skill level.

So MY point is that, if you wanna circlejerk about "missing" things in online (which are absolutely not missing and being worried about some meaningless ranking system doesn't change that FACT), there is a forum and even individual threads dedicated to the activity.
I don’t see the problem with wanting the most features possible for online play. Some people don’t even know what a forum is. I know Arenas exist but why not both?

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, but some people don't know what a forum, is? I'm talking to you, not the class. Sorry for the confusion.

There is 100% a problem with wanting the most features possible for online play because people like you have no idea what the definition of, "Logistics" is. You don't give a flying **** about context, limitations, testing, problems in a feature, nothing. You just want want want. Me me me. Well **** that noise. 100% guarantee that your slightly altered want for an ALREADY EXISTING FEATURE would not of added enough to the online experience to warrant its inclusion considering the context, limitations, testing, and problems in the feature that would arise.

Nintendo's goal with online is to appeal to as many people as possible. The 1% of the 1% who would go for a FFA, with the specifications you've set, is not worth the development time.

People talk about Nintendo's "incompetence" with the features available online. There is indeed incompetence, but it's not with Nintendo. (hope that wasn't too subtle for you, considering your forum comment)

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I'm sorry, but some people don't know what a forum, is? I'm talking to you, not the class. Sorry for the confusion.

There is 100% a problem with wanting the most features possible for online play because people like you have no idea what the definition of, "Logistics" is. You don't give a flying **** about context, limitations, testing, problems in a feature, nothing. You just want want want. Me me me. Well **** that noise. 100% guarantee that your slightly altered want for an ALREADY EXISTING FEATURE would not of added enough to the online experience to warrant its inclusion considering the context, limitations, testing, and problems in the feature that would arise.

Nintendo's goal with online is to appeal to as many people as possible. The 1% of the 1% who would go for a FFA, with the specifications you've set, is not worth the development time.

People talk about Nintendo's "incompetence" with the features available online. There is indeed incompetence, but it's not with Nintendo. (hope that wasn't too subtle for you, considering your forum comment)
Dude chill, all I’m saying is Nintendo can do more with online even have “competitive” mode and “casual” mode matchmaking would make me happy. I’m just throwing out an idea. I do understand logistics of course I care about context, limitations, testing, and problems with a feature. Are you saying Nintendo isn’t logistically capable of doing that? I don’t know why this makes you so pissed

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
That went nowhere fast. Locking this. If you want to play friendlies with items there is the Playground feature in Battle Arenas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom