• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Wario such a baddie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nindgod

Smash Journeyman
Why does Wario have to mess things up for everybody
(kidnapping Peach or Zelda)
Who else is somewhat suprised that they made him an evil character...

Maybe this will open up new gameplay abilities, much like paper mario's controlling the good guys and the bad guys in alternate stories. I mean, they have to make wario playable.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Not surprised that he is bad

doesn't look that good to me anyways can't wait to beat him up

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Wario isnt exactly "bad" He's just greedy. He only does things for his own self. Selfish.

So that means he can kinda be a neutral character.

So i'm thinking there's a whole scheme were they are being tricked into working for the subspace people, or the subspace people are the overall bad guys, while wario, and the rest of the baddies just happen to be doing things that get in the way.

PKnight

Smash Cadet
Wario's always been about greed, or more specifically, treasure.
It only makes sense that he'd have a gun that changes people into Trophies.
Trophies are a form of treasure, right?

Especially a Zelda trophy. <3

iMichael

Smash Lord
Wario isnt exactly "bad" He's just greedy. He only does things for his own self. Selfish.

So that means he can kinda be a neutral character.

So i'm thinking there's a whole scheme were they are being tricked into working for the subspace people, or the subspace people are the overall bad guys, while wario, and the rest of the baddies just happen to be doing things that get in the way.
Agree.........

Maybe its all about money for Wario...who knows

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wario loves money

Everything Wario does involves his love of money

The love of money is the root of all evil

Everything Wario does is evil

Conclusion: Wario is evil

Jammer

Smash Lord
@ PsychoIncarnate ^: I assume you've heard of the proof that women are evil (which, by the way, has been proven to be mathematically unsound, but by a female mathematician).

Anyway, the only Wario game I played was Wario World 3 for the Gameboy Color. In that game Wario was the protagonist. I also played a bit of WarioWare (I think that's what it's called) on the DS. In both games, Wario isn't a baddie, so I was kind of surprised that he was a baddie in Brawl.

I guess it makes sense that if he's so greedy and selfish, he'd do the Ancient Minister's bidding for some kind of treasure (or the opportunity to keep the captured princess for himself--I don't know).

Meta_Knight_14

Smash Cadet
He's the anti-mario. That's basically been his role since he debuted. The same with Waluigi, they're the mirror image of Mario and Luigi.

Mario and Luigi = Good,

Wario and Waluigi = Bad

Puffs

Smash Ace
He's the anti-mario. That's basically been his role since he debuted. The same with Waluigi, they're the mirror image of Mario and Luigi.

Mario and Luigi = Good,

Wario and Waluigi = Bad
let's not forget Weach, Waisy, Woadsworth, Woshi, and Wonkey Kong.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
It's a misconception, Wario isn't evil like Bowser, he's just greedy.

Bowser is evil because he is evil, Wario just does whatever he wants, which is usually something bad to get what he wants.

TBH, I'd like a Zelda trophy really :\

Mrs. Saturn

Smash Cadet
Wario was a Baddie before he was a jerk. Im glad they did at least ONE thing right with Wario.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Ooh, good point.

But "Wii" only means "male intromittent organ" (look up intromittent if you don't know what it means) in a few cultures. In French, for example, it sounds like "oi", which means "yes", I believe.

Then again, "wong" only really means "male intromittent organ" in British English. Or is that "donger"? I'm confused now.

Nevermind. Carry on with your discussion of Wonky Wong with Widdy Wong which we will play on Wii.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Wario isn't a horrible guy, just greedy. Strikes me as the type who would help you if you gave him something in return, but would turn on you in the slightest.

I'm assuming the plot has to do with him acquiring that...gun...thing...and decided to make a trophy collection out of it. It'll probably end up not even having to do with the Sub-Space army, though I have a good feeling they'll be a raid on his castle/whatever to get Zelda back.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
If I recall Wa means bad in Japanese. or something like that.
So, Wario doesn't necessarily have to be evil, rather, he is simply the anti-thesis to Mario's ideals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom