• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is spiking with Marth so much fun?

∫unk

Smash Master
You know... level 9's actually aren't good practice for spiking cause they DI the same way every time.

But spiking is fun cause it's so rare in brawl in general and it's way harder with Marth now.

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
You know... level 9's actually aren't good practice for spiking cause they DI the same way every time.

But spiking is fun cause it's so rare in brawl in general and it's way harder with Marth now.
They are good to work on getting the right spacing so your Dair actually gets the tip. Since computers tend to be predictable. Although for the actual chasing part you are right that humans aren't quite the same way.

Don't worry I know what computers are good for and what they aren't. Been playing too long not to know the difference.

∫unk

Smash Master
They are good to work on getting the right spacing so your Dair actually gets the tip. Since computers tend to be predictable. Although for the actual chasing part you are right that humans aren't quite the same way.

Don't worry I know what computers are good for and what they aren't. Been playing too long not to know the difference.
Okay but why would you practice the right spacing when the opponent is going to be nowhere near there. The only thing you can understand is the blade length but I mean you learn that from playing a few games..

I'm trying to say level 9's are actually detrimental for your spacing after a few games... but to each his own.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
I hear that joke everywhere, but I don't know where it's from (Pokemon obviously). For some reason I still find it funny.

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
Okay but why would you practice the right spacing when the opponent is going to be nowhere near there. The only thing you can understand is the blade length but I mean you learn that from playing a few games..

I'm trying to say level 9's are actually detrimental for your spacing after a few games... but to each his own.
I know and understand perfectly. I have been playing Smash Brothers competitively since back when the 64 version came out so I know perfectly clear why you shouldn't get use to computers. Computers in any game have habits you can pick up on. For that reason when I play chess I can identify if someone is trying to use a computer program to win.

I am not disagreeing in the slightest. I also practice against human players when I get the chance however I didn't have any recordings of my vs human matches so I just beat up a lvl 9 quickly. In the second video what a computer can do for you is show you when you can spike a Gannon/Falcon using their UpB.

∫unk

Smash Master
You played competitive 64? Are you from the Bay Area (aka kingdom of Isai and 64 Smash)? I also played competitive 64 and haven't heard of you...

Fox is toooo much fun to play.

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
You played competitive 64? Are you from the Bay Area (aka kingdom of Isai and 64 Smash)? I also played competitive 64 and haven't heard of you...

Fox is toooo much fun to play.
Actually from the inland north west. All the local tournaments I basically obliterate everyone with the exception of a few good players now and then, but I do try to make trips out to Seattle when they have matches since the competition is better out that way.

I have played once (melee) in the bay area when I was visiting friends and family down there, but I placed 8th in that one. They have some good players down there. I lost to a Japanese kid who was very good.

I was normally a fox player in 64 and Melee, but it broke my heart to see he wasn't quite the beast in Brawl that he was back in Melee. Of course that is why Marth is my new main since he was my second favorite back in Melee.

Ciel~Image

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, guys. Don't bring that 4chan **** in here. This cool forum doesn't need to be infested with that like every other forum on the internet.

Top Bottom