• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Snake handling a Fisher Price toy?

Downstar

Smash Rookie
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/snake.html

Scroll down to his Special Moves section. Remember before when the Down Smash C4 look realistic? You know, green, actually resembling explosives. Yeah, what happened to that? All I see is a Simon Says disc now. The hell is up with overly-sensitive editing in games these days? I mean, he has all of his other explosives intact completely, but the C4 magically changed. Lol wut?

Oh well, here's hoping it's just for the site, and isn't like this in the NA release. Though, I'm starting to doubt that right about now. Who knows what's next, 4kids providing English VA talent or something for Snake. Maybe he'll get WACKY SOUND EFFECTS.

Side-note: Wario's Final Smash Section was edited as well. Apparently he was giving of a SIEG HEIL in his pose, so instead he's just standing now in the picture. Lol.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Learn to ordnance.
It's a land mine, not C4. C4 is his vB, and looks completely different.

But yeah, that's really stupid. Maybe they thought it was an imitatable act? Weird, seeing as Minesweeper comes standard on computers... They could have at least made it still look reasonable, instead of that hunk of plastic.

Trash Jack

Smash Rookie
But yeah, that's really stupid. Maybe they thought it was an imitatable act? Weird, seeing as Minesweeper comes standard on computers... They could have at least made it still look reasonable, instead of that hunk of plastic.
Since when can children (or adult citizens, for that matter) get U.S. military-approved land mines legally?

Downstar

Smash Rookie
Learn to ordnance.
It's a land mine, not C4. C4 is his vB, and looks completely different.

Er, landmine, C4, doesn't matter. Either way, it's now a Fisher Price look-alike instead of the real deal.

If they saw it as an act that could be imitated, then I'm surprised Snake isn't supplied with all sorts of replacements. Seriously, it's nothing worse than whatever else he throws out at others. Especially the Grenades, which are intact mind you. I'm surprised no one else got a bit censoring done to them. But either way, just playful violence, and the game seems as though it should be Rated T anyway (not sure if there's been a rating announced for it yet, don't care but really).

D

Deleted member

This game could potentially give people crazy ideas about (literal) plastic explosives, extreme pyrotechnics and angels on divine missions.

This game is a terrorist's training guide.

On that note, why the heck did they change his weapon? Seriously, why not replace his RPG with a big stick?

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
I definitely haven't seen either in any videos. It doesn't really show anything at all when he plants one...

The Drizzle

Smash Cadet
I'm a lot more disappointed that he doesn't use his gun than the landmine looking childish honestly. Much rather would have had him use that than chucking a grenade, but maybe thats just me. Not sure how a gun would be anymore violent than C4, Landmines or the Nikita anyways.

DinnerSonic

Smash Cadet
My theory(which may be wrong or uninformed) is that it relates to the stories(ones that I at least THOUGHT I heard of) of people finding real landmines leftover from old wars and the gruesome aftermath. While I believe things like grenades and other such explosives probably can't be found outside of war, these undiscovered mines might. Same with guns and knives, the former which people use to hunt or for self defense, the latter being common cooking tools. The obvious use for a knife is to cut things, a gun shoots things, while a sword is something you don't really see lying around the house, and a baseball bat's obvious use is to hit baseballs.

They also changed a Wario-Man screenshot so the pose they took the shot of him in didn't resemble a Hitler salute, and I've heard that there were some complaints from older people in Japan over the atomic bomb fart from the first trailer, so that might go with the traumatic landmine thing.

Downstar

Smash Rookie
I definitely haven't seen either in any videos. It doesn't really show anything at all when he plants one...
Probably only edited for the NA release, I'm sure.

My theory(which may be wrong or uninformed) is that it relates to the stories(ones that I at least THOUGHT I heard of) of people finding real landmines leftover from old wars and the gruesome aftermath. While I believe things like grenades and other such explosives probably can't be found outside of war, these undiscovered mines might. Same with guns and knives, the former which people use to hunt or for self defense, the latter being common cooking tools. The obvious use for a knife is to cut things, a gun shoots things, while a sword is something you don't really see lying around the house, and a baseball bat's obvious use is to hit baseballs.

They also changed a Wario-Man screenshot so the pose they took the shot of him in didn't resemble a Hitler salute, and I've heard that there were some complaints from older people in Japan over the atomic bomb fart from the first trailer, so that might go with the traumatic landmine thing.
Yeah, I put that in my post. I really don't understand it, it didn't look like the Sieg Heil that much, it just looked like him being quirky. Seriously, someone was a bit over-sensitive on that one. Sure, the Atomic Bomb one may be a bit understandable, but the changing of his picture on the site was just... wow.

Well let's think.

Smash Bros will most likely be T. Parents who know about Snake will ***** and moan that he's ingame, and if Jack Thompson finds out about Snake's history, he'll jump all over it.

People will blame Teenage crimes on Snake's influence in a T game and he'll be cut out because of people threatening to sue Nintendo.

Not saying this WILL happen, but it's not unlikely.

I know it sounds stupid, but, people are stupid, they try to find something to nitpick at and always will. And it's the smart people who suffer for it.

Top Bottom