• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Is Ness So Heavy Aaaaaaaag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Laughter

Smash Cadet
He shoudln't be so heavy, I was on luigi's mansion and I was f smashing him near the egded with MK. Fsmash is his best kill move and still didn't kil FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUCK

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
He shoudln't be so heavy, I was on luigi's mansion and I was f smashing him near the egded with MK. Fsmash is his best kill move and still didn't kil FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUCK
lol at him thinking Ness is pretty heavy.

Well, if you would put something into consideration. Your F-Smash was probably stale, and MK doesn't have that much killing power, even though he can do excellent around that. So that could be a possibility. Also, theres a thing called DI.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
DI = directional influence
And yeah, I agree with Hino, your fsmash was most likely stale. A fresh fsmash should have killed Ness... at like ~90% ish if you're on the side of the stage... or maybe even lower. Btw, you didn't mention how much % Ness was at.

There's way heavier characters than Ness...

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Then yes, your fsmash was most likely stale, meaning you used it too much... reducing its damage/knock back. You can refresh it by using your other moves

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Ness is exactly mid-weight, it isn't Mario like you think. It is possible for Ness to survive at ridiculous percents with survival techniques like DI. My Ness rarely ends up dying under 125%.

Uffe

Smash Hero
If the house wasn't knocked down, then I can see why. Well I don't really know, but Luigi's Mansion seems to be one of Ness' good stages.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Well first off all Ness is neither heavy nor light. He is exactly in the middle. Secondly your Fsmash was likely stale, this means that you used it too much without using other moves to refresh it. When a move is stale it does much less knockback and a less damage. Also Meta Knight's Fsmash is not his best kill move, Fsmash is actually quite bad, MK's best kill move is debatable personally think it would be Dsmash or Shuttle Loop, but there is no way that it is Fsmash. The Ness could also have been using a technique called Directional Influence (DI for short) that helps characters survive a lot longer than normal, I could explain it but I'm sure you would get a much better explanation if you looked at one of the beginners guides. Finally, you shouldn't bother with trying to get proper KO kills with MK, the best way to kill with MK is a technique called Gimping. Gimping is when the opponent is off the edge and you chase them and keep hitting them until they have used up their jumps and can no longer recover. Some of MK's best Gimping moves are Nair and Dair.

I hope this helps :laugh:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom