• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why is Mr.C so good?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Mr C is too good.

Anyways Mr.C you always seem to illude me at tournys..Last time I played you was 3 years ago at 3GCI...In which your link ***** me :). I will have to catch a match with you at EVO. Agreed?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yo mr.c i have trouble with foxes who pressure me like if i try to approach with nair or dair somehow they cc and shine me out of it at low percents but ui cant do the same back i guess its something with timing btw i do late dairs or at least i try to but i start it while im like ffing and falling also i cant really spam against foxes like and when i shield i tend to get stuck in it and grabbed or hit and chased no matter what i do please help me with your aura of amazing :(

Mr.C

Smash Master
fox is falcos hardest matchup
hes faster and ***** just like falco

you have to play very careful, usually trying to rush a fox down youll be hit/grabbed everytime.

try to keep your distance, lasering etc
get in quick bthrow kills.

and yes fox can cc a dair from falco if you jump dair instantly, if you jump ff then aerial then fastfall he shouldnt be able to, also you cannot cc a fox's dair its multiple hits stunning you
at low %'s you can cc his nair if he doesnt shffl properly but if he does the fox should be 100% safe, so the only thing you can really do when a fox is aerial you is roll or learn to jc shine out of shield or just jump shine instantly as he hits your shield with the areial.

you can also always wait for the shine. almost all foxs will aerial then shine leaving them safe, once the fox jumps out of his shine or wavedash's follow up with an attack.

uptilts are always your friend, test out uptilting to stop his approaching aerials
it should help out.

alot of foxs also like to waste their double jump to create mindgames
they will jump in make it look like they will hit then waste their jump so u grab etcetc then come down, if this is your case then wait for him to double jump then hit him with a aerial etc.

trying to do long drawn out combos are pointless vs fox
pay attention to what your doing, make your combos count, dont try to be fancy watch which way he di's, which way he rolls.

tech follow dairs are dangerous so use them.
at certain %'s you can dair fsmash sometimes they dont expect it so they miss Di causing a low kill.

stay away from fox when hes next to the edge fox's 0% shine kills are gay lols

most of the time vs fox youll be close together since foxs like to pressure people into doing stupid things, in that case up wait for him to attack uptilt, dash dance out of the way dash attack or dair whatever feels right at the time.

try to get cheap kills, bthrow fsmash is a very easy way to do it.

hope that helps a lil bit. =]

Ryan-K

Smash Master
oh yes it definatly helps, im also glad to know that im not the only one who has trouble with foxes thanks alot man u rock :)

yeah i used to jc shine out of shield with alot more consistency but i have to get into practice with that again lol also i tend to combo into dsmash or fsmash and if i cant get that i usually settle for a sweetspot bair so yeah thanks loads again :)

and one more question lets say u get hit by drill would it be safe to press R and c stick side to instant roll away from the grab if they try to grab? because usually that action makes you tech the shine if they do it anyway but i think it can also be used to avoid grabs but i havent had a chance to try it yet

Mr.C

Smash Master
if they are dairing im pretty sure you can instantly roll out.

reqy

Smash Journeyman
well, the way i do ledge hoped lasers is to drop down further then normal
then waste your double jump and instantly start smashing b, this will usually have the lasers right next to each other.

never try to lhdl if your opponent is in hitting range, fox can easily nair, marth can fsmash etc...

personally if i hit with both lasers insted of rushing in and risk being hit/grabbed I continue to laser intill they make a mistake, unless ofcourse they are close enough for you to easily follow up with a dair/nair/grab etc.

and yes i will be at evo south =]
well, the way i do ledge hoped lasers is to drop down further then normal
then waste your double jump and instantly start smashing b, this will usually have the lasers right next to each other.
is it much easier for you to do it while using the control stick to jump rather than using X and Y? When I practice with Falco in training or lvl 1 compy the stick is good enough for me to drop down far enough to get in 2 aligned lasers and low too. And they are pretty aligned more than 80% the time and doesn't really take any effort when i use the stick. I sometimes get a few upBs but it was like trying to move with the short hop laser where i kept forwardB'ing.

Well, what's good ways to prevent from being pwned when ur down on the ground? Usually I tech towards(which was never good for me) but I try every other way such as just standing up and I usually still just get owned especially against Marth.

Mr.C

Smash Master
using x/y or the stick is completely up to the person, Ive always used x/y for jumps
it wouldnt hurt to learn both, i use the stick to shdl with fox, and to fade backwards when dfairing with marth.

if it truely makes it easier for you then use the stick.

if your going to tech just pay attention to where your teching and where hes going.
if your teching in the same pattern chances are if your playing a pro (in this case if your talking about flt, xelic etc) just change your tech pattern, sometimes dont tech just get up with a slow roll.

usually when your being throwed next to the edge your instincts will be to roll towards the middle, if you want to trick someone roll towards the edge if your already there. ( this is when you both are next to an edge.)

really teching is out of your hands, it all depends if your opponent is a good tech follower.

Mr.C

Smash Master
man this last saturday playing caveman i was hit at like 175% by a fox bair

i survived cause i pwn

i love how peach players say peach dies from a marth tip at like 110% when i can survive them till like 150-160%?

MasterGary

Smash Ace
i guess ur just better then them? but against fox if the fox isint a very technichal fox then chances are the falco will win. fox falls so perfectly for alot of falco's fancy combo's

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Mr. C are you going to EVO or Host2? Both?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Allright I will play you at Evo then...I hope you can make it to HOST2 the first one was a blast.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
LOLZ YEAH YOURE PROBABLY right.

but i still wanna play you. and maybe learn 10 things

Mr.C

Smash Master
ofcourse

I hardly play smash really the only time i do play is at tourneys
except for an occasional 30 mins of smash with my friend to keep up my game once every week or two.

Top Bottom