• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is it against the rule to gang up on a person in 4 man smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyden

Smash Rookie
I don't know why its againts the rules to do this especially when you come across cowardly people who just wanna sit back while everyone else fights. Today I had a game with two Mii sword fighters and a Robin and I was toon link. One of the sword fighters just spammed from the other end and sat there as we all fought. After the first Mii sword figther lost his stock I did the crouch spam to the robin and she stopped fighting while I trashed the other Mii Sword fighter. Immediately after I confirmed him from 3rd place I just jumped off. Its a scummy strat

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
The WiiU never had as many people waiting and baiting as Ult does. And it's definitely because of gsp. The worst introduction and solution they ever conceived. The only match I can recall fully is a piranah player just idling as everyone chipped away health and stock. I realized pretty quickly what they were up to and threw them into the ring.

Kind of confused by your last statement, you mean you killed them and then sd'd yourself? I don't know if they have it here, but on the WiiU if you targeted only one player too much they kicked you. No doubt this time you will get an hour penalty for doing that. I've had games where one player was targeting solely me and never got kicked, but apparently my three to four attacks on them managed to get me kicked. It's pretty inconsistent. And something I hated about free for all, because it gives these playstyles a safety net.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
wait..they will actually kick you for that ****?! o.o
this rule doesn't make sense..cause take team matches for example..it happens more then you think that a team gangs up on 1 player most of the time..but the game is basically saying no to this? sorry but that's bull****..if the opponent team has that 1 player that's the weakest link..then i'm not sorry for trying to focus on this person...

Last edited:

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
It's only for free for all. And it was on the WiiU. I don't know or care to try on smash ult as I get punished for a ton of stuff that isn't even my fault. Like the game kicking everyone at the start due to 'connection error no match found' or whatever jargon it says. Then I get an hour and half ban for that.

I would personally target the better player rather then the weakest link if you're going in for competitiveness. And yeah the rule was annoying, but at the same time I did think it was necessary, but not in the way they did it. They might had been trying to combat the taunt party people with that thing.

Last edited:

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
wait..they will actually kick you for that ****?! o.o
this rule doesn't make sense..cause take team matches for example..it happens more then you think that a team gangs up on 1 player most of the time..but the game is basically saying no to this? sorry but that's bull****..if the opponent team has that 1 player that's the weakest link..then i'm not sorry for trying to focus on this person...
Yeah believe it or not it's been bannable since smash4.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
It was, but at the same time for Smash4 it helped to. When I started taunt parties were EVERYWHERE. They used to only be on 4fun free for all. Then they branched over to 4glory and it was hit or miss if you attacked someone if every fighter was going to bumrush you. It was the only way to have them get punished for their stupid tactics.

Some legitimately liked taunting parties. And that's fine, but they should had made a party mode for those lot. Others were just waiting for someone to attack to justify their ganging up. Other times you didn't even need to attack, everyone just immediately bumrushed the last person to join. I'm an alright fighter, but not good enough to take on 3 fighters all the time. And it didn't help if you were winning or not cause they just fragged each other so they could secure the win anyway.

So this is really the only time it was useful. Against stupid punks.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I suspect this new regime styled experience is less Sakurai and more Nintendo. I think this series' online has always been fun but fg dubs in smash 4 is the nostalgia point for me like Tekken 3 for any true Tekken fans u know what I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom