• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is "I fight for my friends" so funny?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
If you can hold a Two-Handed sword with one hand, you can say anything

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
I just think its one of those "lost in translation" kind of things. In the original Japaenese what he actually says is, "I shall use the wrath to redeem the lost honor of the brave souls who have given their life in the fight for justice and I shall pull out the beating hearts of my enemies and water the soil with their blood to give life to beautiful flowers that glorify our ancestors." But the guys at the translation department said, "eh f*** it I wanna go play golf" and lo and behold, we have "i fight for my friends" [ no homo]

rehab

Smash Journeyman
I got, from his games, more of an idea that he'd say something like "Can you fight for yourself? Wait, what? No? Why are having this conversation then? Get out." FOR My FRIENDS came out of left field, and his speaking voice doesn't fit at all. Hence it's hilarious.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
Today, me and a friend played Fight for Friends Tourney. We played Ikev.Ike until one said "I Fight For my Friends" I lost XD.
I did give no sympathy, however.

Top Bottom