• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Falco "even" with Marth?

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
MINDGAMES is the solution to all problems.
If anyone has a question about smash on ANY topic just answer in caps.... "MINDGAMES"

Wow thats a gay falco sig Nuscirtap lol
It made me want to laugh but I couldn't because it was just too gay.
Lol around that sig and get a blue feather in yo mouth lol

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
>_> I H8 it when people say "MINDGAMEZ LOLZ". Srsly.

Anyway, thanks for the advice PC, Wesley and everyone else. ("GUD **** PC, GUD ****!")

The Marth I play mixes it up, though, if I DI, he'll F-smash, if I don't, he'll uptilt/upsmash, add moar upsmashes or tilts, THEN forward smash me. He's likes to mix it up, I know him to F-smash/upsmash/uptilt at low percents.

The thing is, I do try to space myself by camping lasers, and then going in for a canceled dair or a grab, but I just seem to get grabbed a lot, Marth is quick.

Mr. Derp

Smash Apprentice
FORMALLY: Ryu777 ...OLD POST COUNT: around 500
Throws can ONLY be "proper DIed," meaning just with the direction of the control stick. That's all. If you're getting out of Marth's CG as early as 18% ... your opponent(s) probably isn't good at CGing or he just wanted to give you a shot :p.

You should ALWAYS DI perpendicular to the trajectory of the attack. Don't DI up on an up throw, left and right are your best options.

In terms of PS, since I suck at doing this I tend to NOT do this ...even though PC Chris does heh. I approach the foe with waveshield knowing that most Falco people have trouble with consistent SHL.
Thanks for that, I was pretty positive that you could only regular di throws but wasnt sure, I dont really get into data smash. but no, I dont go straight up and down and get out cause he misses, he can chain grab just fine, I'm talking about I hit his marth in the head with a reflector before he can grab me again.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Sig is too good, lol yeah emmy that's how I feel. =(

Superryan = guy that lost to KIP due to pc stock?
<,< If I drew some Zelda/Shiek for a sig it would be considered henteye.

Anyways.... once falco if all figured out by whoever your playing your even with them lol.
It's like playing Samus cept MORE PREDICTible

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
>_> I H8 it when people say "MINDGAMEZ LOLZ". Srsly.

Anyway, thanks for the advice PC, Wesley and everyone else. ("GUD **** PC, GUD ****!")

The Marth I play mixes it up, though, if I DI, he'll F-smash, if I don't, he'll uptilt/upsmash, add moar upsmashes or tilts, THEN forward smash me. He's likes to mix it up, I know him to F-smash/upsmash/uptilt at low percents.

The thing is, I do try to space myself by camping lasers, and then going in for a canceled dair or a grab, but I just seem to get grabbed a lot, Marth is quick.
Try approaching with Nair more. Even if you miss the l cancel, you'll often push them out of grab range. I've made it a habbit to switch up my approaches on low % characters between nair and dair, and it does wonders for making them guess about timing and spacing of what you're doing.

booshk

Smash Lord
DI randomly, to the left and to the right. At around 40%, stop DIing and try to shine them or Dair them. DIing at that percentage will most likely get you killed.
i would love to play u.

Top Bottom