• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Why is all-star SO HARD?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Still if you want to make it easier by splitting it into two challenges, he is pretty much a golden hammer for that challenge.
Btdubs, what is Cap. Fal. challenge?
Clear the true Solo All-Star mode on Normal or higher without healing between rounds while playing as Captain Falcon. Basically, if you clear that challenge, you'll clear the other challenge as well.

And to be frank, the Golden Hammers should probably be saved for the more ridiculous challenges, such as clearing All-Star on Hard with all characters, or clearing Solo Classic at intensity 9.0 within 12 minutes as Marth. Of course, just to be safe, you should just hold onto your Golden Hammers until you're at a point where you can use them without having any regrets.

Mewtwo929

Smash Apprentice
A small village called......... Pallet Town!!!
NNID
Joestoes
Clear the true Solo All-Star mode on Normal or higher without healing between rounds while playing as Captain Falcon. Basically, if you clear that challenge, you'll clear the other challenge as well.
Oh, I didn't know that was a challenge, well, in that case I guess you're right. My bad. :)

Also, I was just referencing using Lucario was like using a golden hammer, I wasn't actually saying use the golden hammer. Any way, no harm done :).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Also, I was just referencing using Lucario was like using a golden hammer, I wasn't actually saying use the golden hammer. Any way, no harm done :).
Thanks anyway. I actually did clear All-Star on Normal as Lucario, but that was before I had everyone unlocked, so I was only able to complete its challenge, along with clearing All-Star on Normal or higher.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I actually failed at completing All Star with Lucario on Normal without healing between rounds, but I got it on my first try with Falcon. Just move around, destroy stuff, and dont get hit.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I beat All-Star on Hard with all characters recently.

Olimar and Villager are definitely garbage tier for the mode.

Ness is good for it since he can use his Down B to absorb energy projectiles and heal. Robin can also get a lot of mileage off of Nosferatu.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
^

Actually, Villager is one of the easiest characters for this mode.

I agree though that Olimar is a challenge. He was one of my last five characters to beat this challenge. Stage luck is a huge factor for him and other tougher characters. Perhaps when I find some time, I will write up another mini-guide detailing which stages are easiest to exploit with almost any character.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I have huge problems with Samus on this mode... I tried it so many times, but always lost. It's so annoying how screwed Samus gets when several CPUs team up on her... pun intended.

Any tips? I should've used my last hammer for this challenge... it isn't fun anymore...

Top Bottom