• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Ice Climbers

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiousity, why did you guys choose the Ice Climbers as your main? I chose when I saw Chu Dat do a 0-death chaingrab, and found out that the Ice Climbers have a steep learning curve.

Miller

Smash Lord
Ughh dont pick character because you see someone else do good with them. Pick a character because you like their play style >_>

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
I decided to try out the ICs after the switch from Melee to Brawl because they were one of the few characters that actually had real combos. I tried them out and really liked their play style, plus the fact that nana now recovers, so I decided to use them.

Awex

Smash Lord
I wanted to play them in Melee, but never took the time to practice them. I got into smash really late into Melee.

I just think having such beastly combos with such ADORABLE characters is awesome. I mean look at them. Little fuzzy coats, mittens and hammers.

And there's TWO of them.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
they **** from a single grab

there's two of them

nana is the best female character in the game

they are cute

nana has a big ****

Binx

Smash Master
I was getting bored with Marth so I decided to play another character, so I watched some vids and saw someone do a nana pult then I decided to dedicate the majority of my playtime to ICs. I guess the reason I picked them is because they looked like a lot of fun to play.

illuminati1914

Smash Rookie
Honestly, i'd say because around where i am, nobody picks them at all.
It's always a surprise when i pick them, and a bigger one when they get a whooping
Not to mention , the satisfaction of learning how to play with them

d-go

Smash Rookie
Same as Illuminati, I enjoy the counterculture appeal of the little parka wearing beasts. Plus, they were my melee main and I thought I'd give them a fair shake despite all the incorrect rumors of their apparent crappy brawl incarnation. Those rumors couldn't be farther from the truth :p

Jebin_Zedalu

Smash Cadet
They're unique, different from the rest of the roster due to having two characters.

I like gimmicky characters. My MAIN main is Pokemon Trainer, but my sub-mains are Ice Climbers, Olimar, Snake, Lucario... All the characters with "unique" traits.

B1ah

Smash Rookie
Allright after maining: Snake, Samus, Fox, Falco, Wolf I just tried the IC for the first time, pretty **** fun but they can get confusing, you can kind of button mash and you need careful strategy like snake but you don't need to be as defensive and careful, also chaingrabing is my favorite thing about falco and you have it here, I'll need to check on how to do it efficiently

iLike2EatPiez

Smash Rookie
At first I just wanted to start playing as them because they "sucked" (I was a complete n00b then). Then I started enjoying it, especially when I found out how powerful their hammers were. THEN I started learning more advanced tricks, and by now I pretty much suck if I'm not maining them, most of the time. Besides, the only thing better than an awesome ****** with very useful grabs, a mallet, and a very fuzzy parka is... well, two awesome ******* with very useful grabs, mallets, and very fuzzy parkas. :chuckle:

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
As previously stated I picked em up cuz none of my friends use em. Original iz meh style. Im in luv wit the technicle play they offer. The same reason I mained Fox in Melee. I jus luv going 2 trainin mode and praticing a tech 4 a hour or 2 a day. Theres allways seem 2 b something 2 pratice wit these guys. After learning Desynching and Cgs.. I jus couldnt stay away. Wit the new Fox in Brawl, this seems 2 b the only character I can 0-Death with now. (Tad bit of luck required) Anyway, their taunts r awesome and the only char Im having trouble picking costumes with. Red + Blue and Black + White ftw.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I started using them in melee (first character I ever used in that game) because all of my friends said they sucked. I just figured that I would prove them wrong like I did about Yoshi in the 64 version, and now they're my favorite character.

Niko_K

Smash Master
The only reason everyone here plays IC is because of their gay grabs. Don't try to tell me otherwise lmfao.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't use the Ice Climbers much, but their smash attacks sure can pack a punch. In fact they can clear Boss Battles within 3 minutes on Easy.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I don't remember why I picked them up in Melee, but it was probably at least partially because they seemed very complex relative to the other characters. I'm not entirely sure why I'm still using them in Brawl, though.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
The only reason everyone here plays IC is because of their gay grabs. Don't try to tell me otherwise lmfao.
I didn't know anything about grab combos until brawl came out :p

I have a few videos on youtube of me battling some friends in 1 on 1 battles in Melee and it's clear that I didn't know xD. (Darn me not knowing any of the competitive stuff other than wavedashing back then lol).

Skazryk

Smash Apprentice
The reason i like ice climbers is because of their damage and dsynch combo potentials, but nana pisses me off everytime she fsj's off of me and i plummet to my demise.

Water

Smash Rookie
I love supposed underdogs! for example peach and the icys. everyone thinks they suck but they most certainly do not! just takes me kicking *** with them to show everyone what I mean.

ninjaturtlemilk

Smash Rookie
The actual reason why I chose ICs were because I thought they were cute, then I found it easier to use for me than the other characters.(I don't know why, it just happened.) Then I learned more about them, like chain grabs, desynching and all that jazz.

Top Bottom