• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why hate pit

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
why do so many people hate pit? I am the only person that ive met in person who uses/ doesnt hate pit. Everyone else ive ever met hates pit. Lamesauce indeed

must all be jealous because he is orgasmic haha

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Orgasmic? he's like 12... isn't that illegal?

Most people seem to hate him because a lot of pit users like to spam arrows which is just plain annoying. Once you find some of the better players however it becomes a really fun fight.

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
It's because Pit has a great arrow and great recovery and he's fast. MK is fast and has a great recovery, but he has no projectile. ROB has a great recovery and good projectiles, but he's not as fast. Little do they know, Pit has to work for it very hard too!

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
cause pit is a noob character at first but its hard to get better with him but most casuals just pick him up and win the acsuals friends whines cause he lost then the loser says pit is "broken" and "cheap" so actually wouldnt that be about 50% of the people the people who play pit and the people who dont

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Too many weaklings are just mad because of one of the following and i got counters for them too
1: His arrows are spammable
Well counter them smart guy!

2: He's Overpowered
His B-air's sweetspot is Pit's strongest move. It's a sweetspot so remember that. His other killing moves are Fsmash and the Glide attack, and occasionally the Dsmash. Still, they all would kill AFTER the opponent gets above 100% damage... well the B-air sweetspot can kill there.

3: He has a great recovery
So what Metaknight gots one too. Pit's Wing of Icarus can be neutrulized attacking him with a move that makes him flinch, and this is where Bowser's Fire Breath comes in handy. Remember he has 3 mid-air jumps and not 5 like Metaknight

4: Has good Smashes
He does, but that dont make him cheap. You should be cryin about Snake's Fsmash

5: Ability to glide
He gots wings, of course he can Glide! Metaknight gots wings too from his cape!

6: He's hard to kill
Pit is the True middleweight. Basically he's the middle of all of the characters. He aint heavy like Bowser...

7: Has 2 reflectors
As the only character with more than one reflector, Pit can use this his advantage. While some noobs got no knowledge that the Angel Ring is a reflector too will be their loss.

8: He's fast
He is pretty fast, but not the fastest.

9: He has a chaingrab
This chaingrab is somewhat easy to get out of if you use certain characters and it isnt the perfect chaingrab either.

Idk what makes me mad more; the fact that some noobs call him cheap and got no reason why he is, or that the ppl calling him cheap use him too.
Pit is simply a unique character that needs to be respected!

You can see me debate on this topic here
http://brawlcommunity.freeforums.org/pit-cheap-t56.html

The conflict starts on page 5, and feel free to look around the site if u wish.
Seriously though, i hear more ppl callin Pit cheap rather than Metaknight being cheap. They got no respect for newcomers... Dont hate on Pit just because you lose to him a lot, the reason why you are losing is because you do not have a strategy that beats him.
If any of you ppl who think Pit is cheap, i want to hear your reasons, and we can debate here!

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
pit sucks... hes so easy to gimp and not a middle weight, hes like in the top 10 lightest

NNID
MasterHavik
Let's see why pti sucks...

1.He gay

2. He vocie actor sucks

3. Too many people use him.

4.Too ****ing easy to use.

5.Way to easy to beat.

6.Characters liek Sonic and Cf can kick his *** easily.

7.He too overrated.

8.Arrow spam

9.He's so ****ing stupid with taunts.

10,He not tha ttought of a character he said he is.

11. In the end,he jsut a character tha twant to amke out with guys liek Marth,Ike,and Cf.

And no,I'm not a pit hater,but he jsut to overrated,and he not tha tgreat of a character to me.But hell,I'm going to have pit's fanboys on my ***,but I don't care.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
@KirbyandSonicrock14: congratulations you have proven yourself to be immature and now to disprove your points
1. baseless and jsut immature of you
2. his voice actor isnt the greatest but if you dont like it turn down the volume
3. you say too many people use him when you play sonic, one of the most used characters in brawl right next to ike
4. uhm have you ever tried looping an arrow or guiding them real nice or consistently sweet spotting a Bair, or if you really want something hard try wingdashing (pseudo wave dash) then after you can do all of those come back and tell me he is really easy to use, plus if he is so easy to use then why do you claim he is easy to beat to, for the most part brawl cahracters are pretty balanced
5. its all about who you are playing sure if you play a bunch of noobs like im sure you and your friends are then yea he is easy to beat, but it all depends on the player
6. I've ***** more sonics and Captain Falcons than i care to count, and once again that all depends on the player not really teh character, if you were going to make an argument about a character that hasan easy time against him you should have mentioned MK
7. Overrated? you dont pay much attention to tier lists or tourneys do you? or else you know that not very many people consider him top tier
8. arrow spam, can be hopped or reflected, unless the pit guides his arrows into you which is then no longer spam because it takes some skill to guide them right
9. HAHAHAHA you say he has stupid taunts when the most annoying taunt in the game is sonics, "You're too slow" which he says in a very ***gy voice haha
10. ignorant point
11. youve already made this point as your first one and its still just as ignorant and immature

@grandmaster192: yea some pits do camp/spam but metaknight has enough jumps and is pretty quick at approaching which then make pits arrows not as useful.

@aggression: ignorant statement about him sucking, he has one of the best recoveries in the game, yea his wings of icarus are easy to gimp but thats about it, and those arent used to often unless in wing renewal or on the off chance that a pit player actually does run out of glides and jumps

@Blackbelt: play some better pit players, you will probably only hear haiyayaya once or twice the whole match because it is such an easily punishable move

well that was fun

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
Let's see why pti sucks...

1.He gay

2. He vocie actor sucks

3. Too many people use him.

4.Too ****ing easy to use.

5.Way to easy to beat.

6.Characters liek Sonic and Cf can kick his *** easily.

7.He too overrated.

8.Arrow spam

9.He's so ****ing stupid with taunts.

10,He not tha ttought of a character he said he is.

11. In the end,he jsut a character tha twant to amke out with guys liek Marth,Ike,and Cf.

And no,I'm not a pit hater,but he jsut to overrated,and he not tha tgreat of a character to me.But hell,I'm going to have pit's fanboys on my ***,but I don't care.
Eh, how old are you?

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
You can't really make a thread on why people hate pit then flame everyone who gives reason to why they hate pit.

The main thing I see is that he has really strong projectiles, he's very good at playing defensively, glide attack is simply cruel and having your edge guarding thwarted by someone gliding under the level is simply cruel. Also his taunt is really taunting I mean "your not ready yet" that just makes you want to stab him.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Pit's arrow spamming is more devastaing than you give it credit for, Pwns. You can aim his arrows, remember? A skilled Pit player won't just allow you to jump through his arrows.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
Too many weaklings are just mad because of one of the following and i got counters for them too
1: His arrows are spammable
Well counter them smart guy!

2: He's Overpowered
His B-air's sweetspot is Pit's strongest move. It's a sweetspot so remember that. His other killing moves are Fsmash and the Glide attack, and occasionally the Dsmash. Still, they all would kill AFTER the opponent gets above 100% damage... well the B-air sweetspot can kill there.

3: He has a great recovery
So what Metaknight gots one too. Pit's Wing of Icarus can be neutrulized attacking him with a move that makes him flinch, and this is where Bowser's Fire Breath comes in handy. Remember he has 3 mid-air jumps and not 5 like Metaknight

4: Has good Smashes
He does, but that dont make him cheap. You should be cryin about Snake's Fsmash

5: Ability to glide
He gots wings, of course he can Glide! Metaknight gots wings too from his cape!

6: He's hard to kill
Pit is the True middleweight. Basically he's the middle of all of the characters. He aint heavy like Bowser...

7: Has 2 reflectors
As the only character with more than one reflector, Pit can use this his advantage. While some noobs got no knowledge that the Angel Ring is a reflector too will be their loss.

8: He's fast
He is pretty fast, but not the fastest.

9: He has a chaingrab
This chaingrab is somewhat easy to get out of if you use certain characters and it isnt the perfect chaingrab either.

Idk what makes me mad more; the fact that some noobs call him cheap and got no reason why he is, or that the ppl calling him cheap use him too.
Pit is simply a unique character that needs to be respected!

You can see me debate on this topic here
http://brawlcommunity.freeforums.org/pit-cheap-t56.html

The conflict starts on page 5, and feel free to look around the site if u wish.
Seriously though, i hear more ppl callin Pit cheap rather than Metaknight being cheap. They got no respect for newcomers... Dont hate on Pit just because you lose to him a lot, the reason why you are losing is because you do not have a strategy that beats him.
If any of you ppl who think Pit is cheap, i want to hear your reasons, and we can debate here!
chain grab? this new to me i had a little chain grab thing going last night. forward right?
i was thinking bout making a yt video of his chaingrab to off edge when they get on the edge d tilt spike them it would look so cool lol.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
People are so funny. If they cannot win it is always the character who sucks. If they cannot compete against a noob-player how will the fight against good gamers? Arrows are hard and unfair? Funny. Pit is easy to use? Yes, but you will not master Pit as long as you play with childish spam-attacks against a pro.

People should learn to use the character. But I'm fine with it even when Pit will not be high tier. I've won at enough friendly tournaments at high places to say that people don't understand his fighting style. The most basic knowledge is to gimp his up-b or avoid his b-air.., but they also forget that Pit can cancel attacks with angel ring and has near instant neutral-a attacks which can stack damage fairly easily up if you get caught with an final forward-smash for some major damage.

Like said, People should learn to use the character. But that's only my opinion.

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
We had a thread like this sometime ago. It does not help at all because it just the same agruement all over again. Nothing will be achieved here. It is just ******** critizing a character just because you can't beat him instead you should try finding ways to beat him or play the character yourself.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
@ryanarius: i wasnt flaming but when people like KirbyandSonicrocks post ignorant stuff it needs to be flamed, i was fine with the comments about his arrows being spammable and stuff because well they are but with diminishing damage they are not that bad. im fine wiht peoples views as long as they arent blind ignorance

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
@ryanarius: i wasnt flaming but when people like KirbyandSonicrocks post ignorant stuff it needs to be flamed, i was fine with the comments about his arrows being spammable and stuff because well they are but with diminishing damage they are not that bad. im fine wiht peoples views as long as they arent blind ignorance
fair enough, the way I see it people could hate pit simply because they don't understand how his moves work (ie are ignorant). I suppose its probably good that you explained the misconceptions. I may have just misunderstood the attitude of your post.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
@raynairus: well i might have flamed him a little, but i mean come on he was asking for it haha, but yea for the most part it was to disprove his claims. but its all good:)

@Hizkit: it was okay when you were saying his voice acting was annoying, but now your just being stupid asking to get flamed

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
KirbyandSonicrock14 really has something wrong with him. He cant even Spell.
I'm guessing he gets beaten by Pit players many times.
Pit is seriously unique and good, however some ppl only look at his advantages and not his disadvantages then call him cheap.
Pit is good in my book and i dislike those who hate him simply for no reason or for typical reasons.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
haha maybe hes just a ventriliquist and is good at making his mouth word out other things while he says something else haha

i wonder if it synchs up in the japanese version

NNID
MasterHavik
Umm.dude inmatrue? Lol,I'm 14,and you think that? FYI I'm a kirby amin dude.But I',m not going to listren to Bs anyway,I'm out.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
why do so many people hate pit? I am the only person that ive met in person who uses/ doesnt hate pit. Everyone else ive ever met hates pit. Lamesauce indeed

must all be jealous because he is orgasmic haha
because hes an a s s hole, and he kicked my dog.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
While I do not hate Pit or think he is cheap it is understandable that some people do (noob Pit users are very annoying to play). Pit does have flaws (gimpable recovery, few KO moves) and if people can't make use of them its there problem. He is by no means a cheap character.

NNID
MasterHavik
I jsut don't like Pit.But I can say he has some good things about him.But I can't stand his look,that all.I'm sorry to all pit palyers for being a ****. And whut why would he kick your dog/

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
yea it was originally an honest question but it kind of has just degraded oh and kirbyandsonic i wasnt serious bout the ventriliquist thing.

Has anyone whos played the japanese version know if pits mouth synchs up with his words in the japanese version?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I jsut don't like Pit.But I can say he has some good things about him.But I can't stand his look,that all.I'm sorry to all pit palyers for being a ****. And whut why would he kick your dog/
Signs of fear is in here. He is weak against Pit apparently.
While many hate fighting noobish spamming Pit players, a Pro Pit player would be more dangerous. I know this because not only am i a good Pit player, but i fought some good Pit players as well.
While i read some of the other comments, it dont matter if his voice isnt the best, the only thing that matters is that if you like him for his battle style and use him well like I do. Dont let physical appearances, noobish players, or the voice make you hate Pit. He's a cool character, and ppl need to get over this Cheap thing.
And like mr_kennedy44 said, Pit is by no means a cheap character. Thanks for supporting him.
And I'm guessing that the "Kick my dog" comment was referring to whut?'s Fox or Wolf losing to Pit.

Top Bottom