• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why exactly is luigi ***** by dedede other than the infinite?

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
There is nothing. The only reason I cp that match up is BECAUSE of the infinite. Idc about the chaingrab as much.

WIGI

Smash Champion
bair and ftilt.. but its really not a big deal if you avoid them o.0 get inside and ****.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I just CP. Everything else, D3 will suck in. Bair are very easy to predict. It has landing lag. But MAINLY he's next most **** next to a infinite is his huge shield leading to a huge grab range which lands to a Dthrow. And you don't like jumping into the **** do you? But next to that I personally find to overcome... is the gordo. Mother****er killed me over 9000 times and I won't forget it. SRsly.

In conclusion other then infinite, D3 is pretty much cake walk.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I'm complaining either way lol. If it isn't a Fsmash or a silly bair/bthrow killing me, it's the gordo. Mother****er son. If you shield it, you get pushed very far away, and offstage if your near edge, if your a spotdodger bad habit, you'll get hit.. it outprioritizes every other move you have... since it travels slow... it's even gayer... it even wrecks our 1/8th misfire.... that **** ain't even funny son...

Smash Apprentice
I think it's mostly because he can shield ANY of your approaches/attacks.

napZzz

Smash Hero
hippie dude be real <_<

DDD's bair has no landing lag when ac'd (easily) and your not gonna punish hiim for it if he spaces it right.

The match up is STILL a huge ***** outside of the infinite. HIs grabs out range your ground game. His aerials outrange your air game. His everything outranges your everything.

And DDD is so ****in easyto gimp with DDD......a fast falled bair placed right will cover a large portion of the screen luigi will try to recover with....if he's coming up or at a diagonal, even sideways where his slow green missile gets hit so easily.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
His nair will get you when he is trying to recover and his edgeguarding smashes. Never ever ever ever use green missile in this match-up unless you are 2 inches away and you know it will be a misfire...

ADHD

Smash Hero
I posted a thread about the infinite before and it got locked and I wasn't clear enough. If the standing infinite is banned in a tourney, luigi cannot be dthrow > regrab > dthrow in standing position even once?

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I posted a thread about the infinite before and it got locked and I wasn't clear enough. If the standing infinite is banned in a tourney, luigi cannot be dthrow > regrab > dthrow in standing position even once?
In banned tournies, D3's standing regrab is entirely banned. You can't do it. That's the only way to enforce it.

As far as the question? He isn't. I think its an even matchup. D3 has range and punishment, but he's also huge, comboable, and he basically auto sweetspots shoryukens with his massive gut.

Delvro

Smash Ace
If my knowledge serves me right, the match-up is nearly even if you remove the infinite.

Fortunately, DDD pretty much does not exist in Kentucky

TheMann

Smash Ace
Besides the infinite D3 has his almighty bair. If your not careful he can just fly down there and gimp u with bair so be smart about your recovery. Also he can shield grab just about EVERYTHING you can do.

But without the infinite its a winnable and fair matchup just gotta be careful.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
D3's bair is one of the easiest moves to DI in the game. You always see it coming and it sends you flying upward, and it's usually very decayed. Just DI up and you should be fine.

Top Bottom