• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why everyone playing this game is a coward except for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
Warning Received
Do you ever seem to just fight people who never ever take the offensive, and only ever wait for you to make a mistake? I really hate this game because I'm not going to play melee since I don't own a copy, nor do i have a competitive scene in my area, and all there is to fight online in smash 4 are the worst type of camper/ defensive player who only want to win, not by goading their opponent into making a mistake, but by running away from you until you have to attack them, then they pick a character who has to fight like a man, and you kick their teeth in. Idk, i'm tired of losing to people I know I'm actually much better than.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
It's very appropriate that this post is coming from a Captain Falcon player. So much so that I'm not sure whether or not it's a parody.

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
Idk, i'm tired of losing to people I know I'm actually much better than.
This line indicates that you would not be. Spammers are a thing on For Glory because of a lack of platforms. This is difficult if your only approach is dashing, which it is not. The normal Link spammer does boomerang > arrow > Jab/dash attack when you get close or Roll down smash. You can block and attack most of these moves. If you do not enjoy playing that game. There are other options for netplay. Anther's ladder comes to mind, as well as just adding people from the friend code thread.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Time for another exciting episode of SMASHRIVER64 SAYS SOME THINGS.
Do you ever seem to just fight people who never ever take the offensive, and only ever wait for you to make a mistake?
Well fear no longer! Introducing FRIEND CODES!
I really hate this game because I'm not going to play melee since I don't own a copy, nor do i have a competitive scene in my area,
Melee goes for ~100 Bucks nowadays so good luck finding one on the cheap~
and all there is to fight online in smash 4 are the worst type of camper/ defensive player who only want to win,
Someone who wants to WIN IN A FIGHTING GAME? WOAH, SLOW DOWN BUDDY, YOU'RE GOING TOO FAST!
not by goading their opponent into making a mistake, but by running away from you until you have to attack them,
I believe that's what Characters like :4megaman:, :4link:, :4samus: and other characters are meant to do in most cases. Am I right or am I wrong?
then they pick a character who has to fight like a man, and you kick their teeth in.
Probably because they're innexperienced with the character they're trying to use. It happens alot. :4littlemac:
Idk, i'm tired of losing to people I know I'm actually much better than.
THERE'S THE PROBLEM. Too many toasters! :4mario:

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
Thank you smash river 64, that legitimately made me LOL. Also, you guys have a lot of good points, and I'm not that frustrated by it, mostly just one of those moments where you're playing, and you get so angry you're like "I have to complain about this on the boards! I'm sure someone feels the same way."

Last edited:

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
You hate this game because you aren't going to play melee? That's a silly reason to hate a game.

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
Thank you smash river 64, that legitimately made me LOL. Also, you guys have a lot of good points, and I'm not that frustrated by it, mostly just one of those moments where you're playing, and you get so angry you're like "I have to complain about this on the boards! I'm sure someone feels the same way."
You're being very reasonable about it, so my tips to you if you'd like to keep playing FG is to figure out how to make them fight on your terms. Find out how to get in and don't let them breathe afterwards. Want to make them play "the man's game?" Force it on them, because they aren't going to do it willingly. This'll improve your play against zoners and other distance based characters and possibly fix your problems.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
To be a man you must have honor , honor and a peeeeenissssss,

(shin chan tv show reference)

proxibomb

Smash Clown
You'll simply have to adapt to your problems. Rather than getting hit by. Smash attack, you'll later find out using your shield is useful, later on adding a shield-grab, and from there comes a combo. If you can adapt, your lust for extending your skill will show you great results. :drsad:

This really didnt deserve to be its own thread.

Like many people have already told you, if you are losing to them then you are not better than them. Unless every single one of your losses was due to some fluke that completely ignored the skill of both parties, then you're either just a bad player who needs to learn to adapt to these winning playstyles, or you need to get friend codes so your competitive exposure isnt limited to For Glory.

Honestly though if this was a joke thread and I'm just utterly oblivious to the sarcasm or whatever that is so skillfully hidden in the text then good job, you got a rise out of me and others. If not then you're just coming off as incredibly whiny and incredibly arrogant.

Anyway so this post isnt completely without substance, the best way to deal with entirely opportunistic players is to WALK when approaching so you can powershield their projectiles. If they jump over you or roll past you or whatever, let them do it a few times so you can work out their pattern and predict and punish accordingly. Bait out airdodges and shields and rolls so you can punish them. Eventually you'll get the offensive advantage and you'll be able to keep them in positions where the pressure doesnt allow "cowardice" or whatever you want to call it.

Last edited:

CE_TheLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
CE_TheLord
3DS FC
2707-1982-7716
I've played with annoying people like that and what I do is simple... Mind games. stupid spammers like the ones you find in FG get confused with techniques like wavebouncing for example, and that opens the chance to start a good combo and eventually K.O them with little effort, it's funny because they'll either SD or go offensive, which leaves them even more vulnerable xD

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
If the defensive is ultimately better than the offensive, of course people will choose that option.

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
I dealt with this really annoying Samus player once on For Glory who did nothing but fire either missles or a charge shot at my Wii Fit Trainer. Long story short, I quickly adapted to the situation and threw soccer balls and sun salutations at her to try and throw her off while I rolled and dodged to her location. Early on in the match, I even scored a three possibly four hit combo on this annoying Samus player. However, the annoying player in question quickly saw through me and from there purposely rolled or shielded my attempts to punish his/her scrubby behavior. Thankfully, I ended up winning the match.

I guess the moral of the story is if you come across someone who uses projectiles a lot, rolling/dodging is key and if you have any projectiles yourself use em!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom