• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why doesn't he update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Why doesn't Sakurai update the Super Smash Bros Official website.:mad: It has been almost 2 months since he did anything, and before that it took him about 6 months to update it. All I'm asking is for him to update it. Just once a month nothing big. I t doesn't have to a month he can update it once every 6 weeks if he wants. Just don't take 2 or more months.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

kindakirby

Smash Rookie
I'd assume because he has other things to do, like producing/developing/whatever he's up to. I mean, I know I neglect my blog, too, sometimes.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, he's probably just really into the making of Brawl, so he doesn't have time to update the site that often.
Although, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some news too in a near future.

(Btw, I love your cooks-hat, kindakirby. ;) ... No, scratch it, that's off-topic.)

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I think he may keep the characters a secret, theres nothing bigger that attracts smashers than wondering if their favorite character is going to make brawl. There are endless possibilites on who is going to get in.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Yeah I was gettin' pretty pissed that he hasn't updated either. I mean really, being "sooo busy on the making of the game" who honestly believes he's too busy to post a couple of new pictures? really.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
sorry guys. You know nintendo keeps him and his crew in that sweat shop. Lol probably slides food to him in trays under the door.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I guess that if you decide to make a game, you have to spend 24/7 working on it, you cannot sleep, eat, go to the washroom, talk to friends or family members. etc..man i feel sorry for people who have to make games! They have to devote every spare second of their awakeness to create a masterpiece or piece of crap!

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Yeah I really doubt he doesn't have 10 minutes free at least once every 6 weeks.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
It's probably not out of neglect. It's probably all planned out that he'll stay silent for a few months and then start weekly updates again __ weeks before the projected release date. He's not exactly under any obligation to tell us anything. When he thinks it's the right time, he'll update and we'll love him for it. Until then we have to wait patiently while the game is being made.

JPW

Smash Ace
it's kind of an unfair judgment in my view.

You should cut him some slack.

I know this is the most anticipated game for the Wii.
But you got to understand these things take time.

He's really got to catch up. Judging from the trailer they really have to catch up for us, just to make a summer release. If it's took them 6 months to do all of that, imagine how much they're got to be going at that pace in 6 months time. They got to speed it up. Amd yeah that may mean stop worrying about a website and just get onto the game.

Besides he's only doing what Nintendo is known for. Keeping secrets.

I'm pretty sure also he's planning to hold on and not reveal too much.
Why tell you everything, when he can play the greatest game of all.
Anticipation.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
i totally forgot that E3 is coming soon... w00t!

but seriously... the lack of updates are really annoying...

Malificent

Smash Apprentice
Seeing all you people, big into Nintendo, I'd figure you'd all know by now that they dont release hardly any news about a game coming out. Nintendo loves doing this to people. Doesnt surprise me one bit actually. But I will admit, makes me mad as well.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
E3 is six months away on July 11th to the 13th. I don't really know of any tradeshows or conventions that are taking place between now and then except GDC, which is in the beginning of May, which does have a few tidbits come out of it. Until then, it's just check the website and maybe keep an eye out for what Famitsu or Nintendo Dream or other Japanese magazines may say on the subject.

It would be nice to know they're alive, though. Maybe even have Mr. Ando do a guest post with a song or two. :/

Ridley22

Smash Ace
He should just say 1 character that is going to be included every month. He doesn't have to have a screenshot just say the name. It could be an old obvious character like donkey kong. Just write something.:urg:

Malificent

Smash Apprentice
Whats the fun in that though? Releasing characters in a game is practically telling everyone what its going to be like before it even hits store shelves. Before Melee came out, I remember very little about information released before hand. And when I unlocked some of the characters I was amazingly surprised. To a developer of a highly anticipated game, Super Smash brothers Brawl in our case, I would also hide information to build anticipation. And I do believe that is what they are trying to do. Especially if they are trying get alot of 3rd party support for the game.

Black/Light

Smash Master
it's kind of an unfair judgment in my view.

You should cut him some slack.

I know this is the most anticipated game for the Wii.
But you got to understand these things take time.

He's really got to catch up. Judging from the trailer they really have to catch up for us, just to make a summer release. If it's took them 6 months to do all of that, imagine how much they're got to be going at that pace in 6 months time. They got to speed it up. Amd yeah that may mean stop worrying about a website and just get onto the game.

Besides he's only doing what Nintendo is known for. Keeping secrets.

I'm pretty sure also he's planning to hold on and not reveal too much.
Why tell you everything, when he can play the greatest game of all.
Anticipation.
The trailer means nothing. They wanted to show us. . . exactly that, what they wanted to show us. They aint going to make a trailer about everything they have done up to that point. . .

And we knew alot about other games from nintendo this fare away from release. Like TP/ Pokemon D-P ect. He is just being REALLY (and way too) secreative imo.

F8AL-I guess that if you decide to make a game, you have to spend 24/7 working on it, you cannot sleep, eat, go to the washroom, talk to friends or family members. etc..man i feel sorry for people who have to make games! They have to devote every spare second of their awakeness to create a masterpiece or piece of crap!
QFT! I wish people would stop it with these honor reasons such as "Cause he is working on this game to make it so great that he doesn't have time to update". Yes, he has his own life. Yes, he is working hard on brawl. But no, he has time to update and it's only logical for him to have something new to say by now. . . he just aint talking.

Maybe it's because of a plan to release info around a time when nintendo doesn't have much news coming out about games. Maybe it's because of his own personal plan. Or maybe he just doesn't care about the site right now because he would like to have everything more finnalized before releasing new info that may or may not make it into the finnal game. Who knows, but I know for sure that he has enuff time to do so. . . he just doesn't want to. (Really, how long could it take to post a comment like "hey, just wanted to say that Zelda is returning. . .bye!"?)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
He should just say 1 character that is going to be included every month. He doesn't have to have a screenshot just say the name. It could be an old obvious character like donkey kong. Just write something.:urg:
Then we'd have people making topics complaining that he's not posting anything new, just stuff we could have guessed.

He's making one of the best games ever. Sop whining when he doesn't tell you what he's doing. Name me ANY other game that the developers took suggestions from the public? Any game where they even bother to release ANYTHING other than 1 brief trailer, and then a second trailer about a month before it's released? Did Halo? Did Half-Life? No, they didn't.

Stop whining, we're lucky they're letting us know anything AT ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom