• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does ZSS not have a good FS???*All Samus fans must read*

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
I have had a theory about ZSS's FS. Obviously, the original version has a great FS. And ZSS`s doesn't look that good. This may be because ZSS doesn't have as much potential without her suit for a FS. So, ZSS's FS is not as good because she needs to *reload*. They at least gave ZSS Crystal Flash because she needs some kind of effect.Because of this ZSS will not be a stand-alone:rather a *recharge* for Samus's FS. But, this may not be true if ZSS's FS is not Crystal Flash.

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
so what you'r saying is that you will not be able to choose her in the selection screen but rather that she is a biproduct of samus' awesome FS?

iron blade

Smash Ace
so what you'r saying is that you will not be able to choose her in the selection screen but rather that she is a biproduct of samus' awesome FS?
yes... this has been known for a while now...

and are you kidding me? zamus' final smash is that she puts her suit back on? that's it?

gigasteve

Smash Ace
From what i've seen, that's it.... of course we could be wrong.

I want a cool sig, but can't get one(yet)...:(

gamer8

Smash Lord
Why, oh why does her final smash have to suck?? Zero suit samus is gonna be one of my mains ffs! Can he change it or something?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I think this confirms that you'll be able to start the match off as her because if her FS turns her to Samus and Samus's FS turns her into Zamus then wouldnt it be logical to be able to start as her since you can turn to samus and vice-versa???? Idk

gigasteve

Smash Ace
ZSS's FS turns her into Samus because her FS is better. ZSS only has a FS because they wanted every character to have one.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I kind of get the feeling that ZSS is going to suck.

1) In the Zero Laser update for Samus' FS Sakurai states "But afterward, Samus has a problem" and "Now she’s just Zero Suit Samus". It sounds like to me that he is hinting that Zero Laser is so good, it has a flaw, and that is becoming ZSS

2) Well if you follow point number 1 this point ties in. Alright since ZSS sucks her FS is great because now she can finally do something with Samus! You get what im trying to say?

I dont know but clues like this give me the feeling ZSS is going to suck. Her Crystal Flash convinced me of it. Im planning on maining her though, that is if you can use her without items.

Lyanth

Smash Rookie
i had a conversation with a smash-friend of mine a bit ago, and we came up with these theories on the subject:

- ZSSamus is 100% unselectible as a character in standard matches
- ZSSamus's FS will most likely turn her back into Samus
- Potentially, they will also have a "Tournament" option, where Wiis connect up via Wi-Fi for the matches and allow or easier handling of trees, etc.
- ZSSamus and other "characters" like Wario's FS will be selectible in Tournament mode.

does that make any sense?

W.Jr

Smash Lord
Zsamus FS isn't that bad, because there no other way they should to turn back in samus, though i know somehow they are going to come up with a way to select Zsamus as a regular character. And hopefully then they will come up with a more exciting FS for Zsamus.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
ZS Samus' FS is what it is because of the way Sakurai designed it. ZS Samus was programmed so that when you die you return as her, meaning that Sakurai intended for her to be her own character. But, for Samus players that don't like ZS Samus, or would want to return, we now have the Crystal Flash to restore Samus' suit.

1) In the Zero Laser update for Samus' FS Sakurai states "But afterward, Samus has a problem" and "Now she’s just Zero Suit Samus". It sounds like to me that he is hinting that Zero Laser is so good, it has a flaw, and that is becoming ZSS

2) Well if you follow point number 1 this point ties in. Alright since ZSS sucks her FS is great because now she can finally do something with Samus! You get what im trying to say?

I dont know but clues like this give me the feeling ZSS is going to suck. Her Crystal Flash convinced me of it. Im planning on maining her though, that is if you can use her without items.
I don't think ZS Samus will be bad. The "just" remark seems like more of a throwback to Metroid Zero Mission, where for a point in time you were just ZS Samus, unable to do anything but a very crappy stun shot.

But this isn't Metroid Zero Mission.

This is a fighting game, and every character has to have their strengths and weaknesses. At least we know ZS Samus is faster than Samus, but not so much of a weapon-based fighter and weaker. It says so in the Dojo. I think she's going to be similar to Sheik. Her paralyzer is probably a more balanced version of Sheik's needles, her whip is probably just like Sheik's whip, but with a sweetspot (the tip), she'll definitely have a high jump but she won't be nearly as floaty as Samus. She can grab the edge from a distance and she can pull airborne enemies towards her.

How's that?

gamer8

Smash Lord
i had a conversation with a smash-friend of mine a bit ago, and we came up with these theories on the subject:

- ZSSamus is 100% unselectible as a character in standard matches
- Potentially, they will also have a "Tournament" option, where Wiis connect up via Wi-Fi for the matches and allow or easier handling of trees, etc.
- ZSSamus and other "characters" like Wario's FS will be selectible in Tournament mode.

Doesn't make sense to me... :p

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
rd matches

I don't get those last 2 ones.. I don't think Tourrnament option would just let you use ZSamus.. I mean, I don't think it actually has anything to do with ZSamus.

And saying that there'll be a possible way to start as Wario's FS is pretty.. dumb. It's like saying you'll be able to start off with Giga Bowser. Giga Bowser and Wario-Man have pretty extreme buffs. ZSamus looks like she could play like any other "normal" character. I'm sure Sakurai will find out how he could make it so that you can start off as her. AND he'll find a good Final Smash for her that won't just to turn her back to normal Samus.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
a lot of zamus's moves look a lot like sheiks's actually Ex. d-smash (and last time i checked, sheik is the opposite of suck)

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
By the looks of today's update, Zamus is a separate character...
I doubt it. Remember that Sakurai says, right on the Dojo, that ZS Samus only appears when Samus destroys her Power Suit.

I know it would completely suck if you couldn't be ZS Samus right off the bat. I want to use her too. But the devs don't think the way we do. Besides, no matter what ZS Samus is like, I am more than certain that Samus will be superior.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I doubt it. Remember that Sakurai says, right on the Dojo, that ZS Samus only appears when Samus destroys her Power Suit.

I know it would completely suck if you couldn't be ZS Samus right off the bat. I want to use her too. But the devs don't think the way we do. Besides, no matter what ZS Samus is like, I am more than certain that Samus will be superior.
It says when Samus destroys her power suit, she's left with the zero suit, but if Sakurai knows anything about metroid, she can take off her suit freely, not just with it being broken, remember, they make mistakes too, I think Sakurai will know this, and give us a confirmation of her being separate.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher

For ZSSamus it does. But Wario-man is probably a temporary thing, as he gets pretty much over-powered in this state, like Giga Bowser.

I do think Zamus will be selectable the same way Sheik was in Melee though, or at least something similar. Why would they allow you to turn into Sheik beforehand but not Zamus? Now THAT does NOT make sense.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
It says when Samus destroys her power suit, she's left with the zero suit, but if Sakurai knows anything about metroid, she can take off her suit freely, not just with it being broken, remember, they make mistakes too, I think Sakurai will know this, and give us a confirmation of her being separate.
Or he could not, and come Feb. 10 these forums will be filled with topics raging about how ZS Samus can't be used normally. =P I feel sorry for the mods.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I think that ZSS is an equally balanced character that will eventually be selectable from the select screen. Her FS is actually similar to Jig's rest, just more powerful. Jump into a cluster of enemies and watch them fly!

SeventhSage

Smash Apprentice
- Zero Samus' Final Smash -

Radiations emanate from her. I read the radiations don't hurt much, and don't have much range. Meanwhile, she gets her suit back.

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
I think this confirms that you'll be able to start the match off as her because if her FS turns her to Samus and Samus's FS turns her into Zamus then wouldnt it be logical to be able to start as her since you can turn to samus and vice-versa???? Idk
...What?

I'm pretty sure it probably goes this way: Samus + FS = Zero Suit Samus. Zero Suit Samus + another FS (you'd have to be really lucky) = Samus. This all happens in one match.
How does this confirm Zero Suit as playable at the start?

gamer8

Smash Lord
...What?

I'm pretty sure it probably goes this way: Samus + FS = Zero Suit Samus. Zero Suit Samus + another FS (you'd have to be really lucky) = Samus. This all happens in one match.
How does this confirm Zero Suit as playable at the start?
Well, I think it could balance them out... Samus turns to Zamus, Zamus turns to Samus.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
I do think Zamus will be selectable the same way Sheik was in Melee though, or at least something similar. Why would they allow you to turn into Sheik beforehand but not Zamus? Now THAT does NOT make sense.

Actually it does. When Melee was developed, the idea was that the character would be Zelda/Shiek, not Shiek or Zelda. It was intended to transform back and forth, and clearly they were not pleased that people either played one or the other. So, with Samus they are attempting to enforce a 2 part character more. I think its a bit foolish to try to force people's hand like that, as it will only lead to hassle for the players. :ohwell:

However, I still have not yet seen enough reason that final smashes wont be in tournament play.

SamusLord

Smash Cadet
Not pointing my beam to the back of your head >
ZS Samus' FS is what it is because of the way Sakurai designed it. ZS Samus was programmed so that when you die you return as her, meaning that Sakurai intended for her to be her own character. But, for Samus players that don't like ZS Samus, or would want to return, we now have the Crystal Flash to restore Samus' suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetrash View Post

I don't think ZS Samus will be bad. The "just" remark seems like more of a throwback to Metroid Zero Mission, where for a point in time you were just ZS Samus, unable to do anything but a very crappy stun shot.

But this isn't Metroid Zero Mission.

This is a fighting game, and every character has to have their strengths and weaknesses. At least we know ZS Samus is faster than Samus, but not so much of a weapon-based fighter and weaker. It says so in the Dojo. I think she's going to be similar to Sheik. Her paralyzer is probably a more balanced version of Sheik's needles, her whip is probably just like Sheik's whip, but with a sweetspot (the tip), she'll definitely have a high jump but she won't be nearly as floaty as Samus. She can grab the edge from a distance and she can pull airborne enemies towards her.

How's that?
How's that? very good summation.

I agree, she will be A so-so character, vs Samus who has always been on upper or high tiers, making ZS just a small penalty.

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
Well once you get the smash ball your inevitably going to use Smaus's FS, I mean who can resist shooting a giant beam, and this mean you must become Zamus which many people dont want. Zamus isn't Sheik so there will be no Down B transforming leaving her FS as the only way to turn back. Who knows, maybe when she is regaining her armor the sheer awsomeness of it kills everyone.

BTW I love the sig gamer8

samus-ridley64

Smash Rookie
i agree that ZSS is not going to be as strong as samus, and that her FS should have a more damaging effect, but on the bright side, all of the samus mainers will learn to be just as skillful with a second character!!(this of course includes me)

Torchik

Smash Ace
I'm sure ZSS will be fine. Personally, I think I'll like her speed better than Samus' power. It all depends on what type of character you like. In some of the videos you can see her do an aerial attack and it hits HARD. It's in the match where she's against Peach. Anyway, I have no clue whether or not you can start as her...up to Sakurai. ^_^

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
It just seems like a waste to lock a totally unique moveset behind a final smash to me. Zero Suit looks like a lot of fun, if Sakurai didnt have the foresight to let her be playable from the start of matches, its kind of like a wasted character, at least in my eyes.

iron blade

Smash Ace
At least if ZSS's FS is changing back into Samus, you could do 3 zero lazers in one match (Providing it's long enough).

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
There has got to be a way to start as Zero Suit, other wise it will be a complete hassle to play her... people are gonna use the final smash anyway even if it does "suck" because it will have SOME use to it and they are forced to go back to samus.

Problem solved.

ZSSmetroid01

Smash Cadet
there was hardly any Zamus in the Demos but from what I saw she seemed pretty good. Her whip looked like a decent way to end a combo too

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
You guys have to remember that this WAS a demo.
Things could have changed...but I won't keep my hopes up.

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
Doesnt she turn back in her Samus, and if youre close to her its a one-hit KO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom