• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does Zelda's Dins Fire Sucks so much?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't see how Din's Fire suck in this game considering the number of times I got KOed by it. If you use it right, then you'll see why it's still a useful attack.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I don't see how Din's Fire suck in this game considering the number of times I got KOed by it. If you use it right, then you'll see why it's still a useful attack.
I know you won't like this answer, but if you're being KO'ed by Din's. No. Hit by Din's, you aren't playing this game right. One shield input will completely shut down this move.

Though, I can't say your luma would be saved.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
I know you won't like this answer, but if you're being KO'ed by Din's. No. Hit by Din's, you aren't playing this game right. One shield input will completely shut down this move.
shield to disable dins fire? if you use din on a grounded opponent then thats wrong way to use zelda in the first place

also i found out you can use din when opponent is recovering and is in the middle of their up b, which if timed right will assure a kill most of the time.

i managed to ko a lucine while he was using dolphin slash, right under the ledge. then i hit fox in the middle of illusion, which also killed. just really hard timing

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Unfortunately even default Din's cannot curve that well so most Marths/Lucinas will adapt and recover too close to the stage for you to hit them with Din's.

I'd rather just try a Phantom edgeguard or go off the stage and use my aerials than try Din's on anyone and hope for that 0.001% success rate.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
If you slam Din Fire down to the ground it can stay in the same spot you wanted it to go boom. Except the boom will be delayed, catching people off guard if they spot dodge or try to land safely. It seems to be easier to sweetspot on smaller opponents or landing opponents since their hurtbox compacts while landing.

This DF has the best kill potential but the freefall is so unnecessary. Falco can have his SideB SPIKE opponents downward and can STILL follow up with a quick UpB. There is absolutely no reason for Din's Fire to lead into a helpless state still; especially with its bad momentum and end delay. Even worse, Ike's/Marth's sideB gets a crazy momentum boost out of nowhere and Zeldoo's SideB gets her momentum nerfed.

To fix Zelda, all they would need to do is give everything midair more momentum so she can actually approach or return to stage safely. The moment she does something midair it's like she gets stuck in fly paper.

Last edited:

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
fsmash isn't the worst, it traps just ok if you hit them on the inside of the move and not by the edges

ftilt on the other hand...

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Fsmash is not even that reliable. Sometimes they'll pop out regardless of where you spaced.
Try it on ZSS. Even a dummy non-moving ZSS will fall out half (sometimes most) of the time.

At least Ftilt is consistently inconsistent! The deadzone is always the same.

Last edited:

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
yeah, ZSS almost always escapes automatically, i noticed that. another character who almost always escapes as easily as ZSS is ironicaly Zelda. it hits the rest of the cast well.... "reliably"

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I had a match where Mario fell out an absurd amount of times.

I think the reliability has to do with the target's size, floatiness, and possibly weight? Jigglypuff and Kirby seem to get hit by the full attack reliably so it can't just be floatiness or weight. I think their rotundness keep them from escaping, whereas Mario is slimmer (not slim though) and small so he escapes easier.

But yeah, ZSS and Zelda have a special talent for escaping.

Last edited:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
din's fire is plenty good, especially if you hide behind a down b minion

what's the down b move name LOL i want to know

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
The standard variation is Phantom Slash, and the custom variations are Phantom Strike, and Phantom Breaker.

KingPinGamez

Smash Apprentice
If Dins Fire were more like Pit's Arrows in which Zelda could have ability to control it, but have it be fast move it in multiple directions, influence its Directional input and have it be speedy and make it immune to being reflected.. Also get rid of the helplessness my god would her Dins Fire be good. Or even make it a save later projectile like WFT.

I mean as bad as she was in Brawl she did have things going for her, she just needed more to her. She had really good Smash attacks (Especially U-Smash) But now somehow that's made even worse. HOW DO YOU DO THAT?! Why do they hate Zelda so much?
damn shame isn't it. I wish they brought back the melee iteration of side B

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I'm going to choose to believe this is a joke =P

Melee Din's has to be one of the bottom 5 moves in Smash history at all levels of play.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I once hit a Captain Falcon with it.

And I can sometimes KO when in Super Sudden Death ! Depends on the distance it traveled !

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I once hit a Captain Falcon with it.

And I can sometimes KO when in Super Sudden Death ! Depends on the distance it traveled !
I imagined both CF and Sudden death together,

and I immediately saw Zelda start to cast Din's

and then CF just runs over and knees Zelda. ; w ;

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I just can't figure out why he gotta give Zelda that helpless falling after Din's Fire (Air).
I know the attack is lackluster anyways but seriously, there's no need to make us accidentally kill ourselves with our own attack's ending animation helplessness lol

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
I just can't figure out why he gotta give Zelda that helpless falling after Din's Fire (Air).
I know the attack is lackluster anyways but seriously, there's no need to make us accidentally kill ourselves with our own attack's ending animation helplessness lol
be happy u dont main meta knight, that poor guy has helplessness after every special move

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Yeah but Meta Knight' special moves are like all alternate recoveries.

Din's glide seems to have been nerfed from Brawl. Luckily it's so much harder to accidentally Din's on the GCN remote.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
What I don't understand with Din's Fire is the helplessness state. Why this design choice, while Fox can now do his side-B freely?

It's not just "they forgot to remove this". Even Mii Gunner's Stealth Burst, which is basically the Din's Flare variation, put them in this state too.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
In the case of the Gunners, I don't see any usefulness in using a Din's Fire that only goes horizontally. It's not like WTF's header, you have to hold it, and fall. Even with the slight slow down.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I was playing Crazy Orders today and very first match, it was me, Villager and Lucario vs. giant Charizard on that airplane stage. I was trying to stay back and spam projectiles so that I wouldn't take unnecessary damage for next rounds to come, but the plane tilted as I was casting Din's Fire and basically slid me off stage into helpless mode.
The crowd even gasped, it was like tragedy

Top Bottom