• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does the cursor say "1 coin" when you pick a stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I was unsure where to put this or if this question was answered already So Standard Pre Thread Apology.

Anyways, can someone give me an answer? Does it have something to do with how likely you will go to the stage you picked? I tried to add coins but nothing happens.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
You don't actually use coins to use stages, it's just the game's way of saying you put your marker on that stage. Like, If there were 3 coins on FD and 1 coin on Bf, etc.

Don't really know why they chose to put coin, I always wondered that myself.

Champio30

Smash Cadet
They put coins for choice

like let's say people put 2 coins on Final Destination, one on skyworld and another on battlefield, Final Destination will be the stage.

Zarkai

Smash Rookie
Too bad i just can't put down say a few thousand for a stage... What else should i do with my maxed coins, nothing useful...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
All it is, is saying which player gets the stage choice, as for online each person is defaulted as being first player from their point of view. Play a normal match with "winner/Loser chooses" for stage selection and you'll see it there too.

oze6000

Smash Apprentice
They put coins for choice

like let's say people put 2 coins on Final Destination, one on skyworld and another on battlefield, Final Destination will be the stage.
Wrong, there is a 50% chance it will be FD, 25% chance for skyworld, and 25% chance for battlefield.

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
interesting. I always thought it was taking a coin for selecting a stage or something.
But then....does that mean the stage selection isn't random?

Ainegue

Smash Rookie
hurmrmrm

I always assumed that it cost you 1 coin in order to pick a stage, since it doesn't say "one coin" when you chose Random. Not so sure about that.

Or they give you a coin for picking a stage?
Or maybe it's just a random, of-no-use-but-to-confuse-you image that pops up when choosing a stage?
*shrug*

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
All it is, is saying which player gets the stage choice, as for online each person is defaulted as being first player from their point of view. Play a normal match with "winner/Loser chooses" for stage selection and you'll see it there too.
Quoted for people who are blind. :/

And yes, they jut pop the balloon because it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom