• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does the Andy sticker have a black frame?

MAtgSy

Smash Ace

Very perplexing. I went back to check previous updates that involved stickers in some way & didn't see another such framing on any other sticker, not even those of playable characters. I guess it could mean he's not compatible with that particular character but it doesn't make sense for the random button to ignore such details.

Pun

Smash Apprentice
Odd. What a great observation! It wouldn't be for some stupid reason like color contrast or else the old toad dude would have a black background. *awaits answers*

ro0kie42

Smash Apprentice
Oh shnaps! Maybe it's just a notation of how rare it is. But, what I wanna know is, does the sticker deconfirm Andy as a playable char? Some long deconfirmed roster mentioned him and I almost hoped he would be playable.

Darkfroggy

Smash Rookie
Hmm that u saw that lol :p but maybe its very rare or it has a special ability
or something i suppose :)
or he is like an assist trophie ( he will show up in battle sometimes to help u ) :p

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
Hmm that u saw that lol :p but maybe its very rare or it has a special ability
or something i suppose :)
or he is like an assist trophie ( he will show up in battle sometimes to help u ) :p
Dvance wars is already an AT as seen on the first demo.

The shark is grey, are there other grey stickers?
OMG Shark for brawl!!

Pun

Smash Apprentice
grey stickers mean they are already attached to the trophy
Not according to the shark picture. If you look, the white part of the shark is completely white. Now look at the gray ones attached to the trophy. The whole sticker is tinted gray, not just the background. If it were already attached to the trophy, wouldn't the white part of the shark be tinted gray?

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
the white part of the shark (that is acro from the kirby games, by the way folks) is part of the character model, and should stand out from the outside of it. it wouldnt get tinted grey

Darkfroggy

Smash Rookie
i know that Advance wars is a assist ;) but if u got it equipt maybe he will apear randomly ;) thats what i ment to say .but we will never know it for sure untill release i geuss .

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I just got to know this. One assist trophy deconfirms a whole series? I thought the Nintendo Wars assist was just the ground units (Tank and Infantry).

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the black outline is temporary, signifying the sticker is useless for that character. Andy might give ice damage, better shooting abilities, larger explosive radius for explosive abilities (Link's bomb, King Dedede's jet hammer).

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
Yeah and I'm pretty sure everyone here is over analyzing. It probably doesn't have an effect at all besides making the stickers look a little cooler. It's not like every sticker you come by at a sticker store has a white boarder. Some of them are holographic, some have a green boarder, black, orange, what ever. Now if it were holographic I think we'd have something to talk about.

devious_nucleus

Smash Cadet
Wow, I just got to know this. One assist trophy deconfirms a whole series? I thought the Nintendo Wars assist was just the ground units (Tank and Infantry).
Assist Trophys don't deconfirm squat, except that then the character won't be playable. That's it. No sneakiness. We got Knuckle Joe as an assist trophy, but that doesn't mean kirby ain't in. Same with the gray fox.

EDIT: also, it's advance wars. not nintendo wars. sorry, i just have to say.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
Assist Trophys don't deconfirm squat, except that then the character won't be playable. That's it. No sneakiness. We got Knuckle Joe as an assist trophy, but that doesn't mean kirby ain't in. Same with the gray fox.

EDIT: also, it's advance wars. not nintendo wars. sorry, i just have to say.
But Nintendo Wars is the series in general.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Wrong!! That Shark sticker is BLATANTLY not attached to any trophy. Read the thread before you make misleading posts.
How can you tell? It could be that while looking through your sticker collection, trophies on someone's base get that gray-colored border instead of being completely grayed out so that you can still view the sticker.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
C'mon guys, it's pretty obvious to tell that the "gray-trimmed" stickers are stickers that were applied in a previous session..., or that are currently "in use".

That would also explain the shark being "gray-trimmed" in the scrapbook, maybe it is unique to the current user and has already been applied to an avatar.

Good findings, Andy would be a sick character; can't lie.

I'd imagine they would use red if it were that he couldn't be applied.

Maybe black-trimmed = "very fitting" to a character or an elite sticker of some kind.

He did mention Uberz-Stickers.

Goodspeed out.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I think the gray background on the KILLER WHALE, Acro, implies that it's in-use on a trophy stand. It wouldn't be grayed out in the book for whatever reason because we only know things get grayed out when they're placed on the trophy stand.

The black border also is just stylish, I figure, because there's a slim chance that out of all the stickers we've seen that happens to be the only "rare" one. Likely the case is either than some stickers just get black backgrounds for whatever reason or there's some mechanic in the game to "blacken" stickers by either powering them up or destroying them (but still cataloging that you had it)--something to that effect.

Andy would make a fantastic character from FAMICOM Wars (Advance Wars in the West), but this doesn't confirm jack.

Top Bottom