• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does the Andy sticker have a black frame?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
In todays update sakurai did say with different difficulty levels you get different stickers in the subspace. So each difficulty level's stickers probably have a different colour each.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
Also in the previous update about stickers. Ike isn't black..

So Andy could still take part in Brawl. But I dont expect it..

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
Why does it even matter? It's not like it's a mark of anything of particular importance. Could be Rarity or just added for style. Out of those things does it really matter that we know before the game is out?

P.S. It is Nintendo Wars. That's the name of the entire series (Also known as Famicom Wars, it's Advance Wars outside of Japan simply because we didn't get it till the GBAdvance). It should have changed from Advance Wars to DS Wars with Dual Strike and Days of Ruin but they decided to stick with franchise recognizability, apparently.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
White, grey, purple and black the colors, it seems that they could go along with the posibilitie of how rare or hard to get is the sticker or in wich difficulty level was it gotten

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
Probably the rarity as others have suggested. Well, I say probably, but that's based on absolutely nothing. I expect it means something, though.

To the people saying the black background is to make it easier to see Andy: With the black background you can hardly see his hair. If it were a white background you would be able to see his wrench quite clearly because of the outline and shading. Also it would seem weirder to me to see someone with gap where their scalp should be than to see someone not holding a wrench :)

Deej

Smash Rookie
I had a idea when I was the train today.

We know that you can get more than one of a particular sticker. We've seen multipul star stickers in the same frame, and being as we can have more than one of the same trophy, i think this is a reasonable assumption to make.

But, what we don't know is if all the stickers always have the same value. What happens if there are better or worse versions of the same sticker? Could it not be that Andy's sticker just means that that sticker gives especially good stat increases, or a particullary unusual one?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
IDK, probably means it's a rare sticker. Let's hope there is an AW rep :D!

Top Bottom