• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does Sheik have blonde hair?

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Does that bother anyone else that her hair color is just different from Zelda's? I was kind of looking forward to seeing what she looked like with brown hair. =P

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why does Sheik have Red Eyes...Zelda doesn't have Red eyes...

???

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
You guys forget about Zelda's powers. In the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (and Melee for that matter), Sheik also had red eyes, blonde hair, and a darker skin tone. Zelda is able to use the Triforce of Wisdom and her powers as a Sage to transform her skin tone, eye color, hair color, etc. This is why people were unable to recognize Sheik as Zelda's alter ego.

Zelda has such powerful magic, but people often forget this since she often uses her powers to help make Link's quest easier.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
Remember, Sheik IS supposed to be a disguise. Some stuff has to look different on her...

But if you really wanna see Sheik with brown hair:

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Yes, but Zelda was in TP with darker hair. Sheik was not in TP. This is a throwback to Sheik from OoT.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Yes, but Zelda was in TP with darker hair. Sheik was not in TP. This is a throwback to Sheik from OoT.
So you're saying that the TP Zelda transforms into the Zelda from OOT? That's logical. [/sarcasm]

You know they are two completely different people (TP Zelda and OOT Zelda) right? I don't see the reason for her hair color being different other than the fact that she looks better blonde.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
No duh they are different. But Sheik was never in TP so therefore it isn't a logical transformation in the first place. I kind of wish Sheik was her own character, but since she is Zelda's alter ego people will just have to accept that it isn't a logical transformation.

Anyway, the fact is Zelda can manipulate her physical appearance with the Triforce of Wisdom. Therefore, Sheik can have blonde hair. Enough said.

Bash20

Smash Rookie
hey it dosent matter if she its blonde or if she got red eyes nothing the only its that sheik appearce on BRAWL and she looks awsome.

Kibbles

Smash Rookie
I thought that the SSBB Zelda was simply based upon TP Zelda, not that she IS the TP Zelda?

EDIT: Also, the Smash universe isn't really canon anyway right? Seeing as they are just trophies.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Try to imagine Zelda moving and attacking like Sheik does.

Yeah, why doesn't anyone ever wonder about that? And then you actually wonder about her hair?

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, why doesn't anyone ever wonder about that? And then you actually wonder about her hair?
Well, she used the triforce to transform herself into sheik... so it would probably alter more than just her physical appearance.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Sheik is also very dark/tanned, much more so than Zelda.

I think that's more of an issue than the hair colour ;) tanning takes a lot longer than hair dying... :laugh:

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
EVerybody who keeps saying "OMFG Shiek wasnt in TP so its all crazynes, the cake is a lie NANANA!!11! roflol it confirms Reggie playable" Etc, you obviously didn;t read her Bio. THIS Sheik is a design submitted by the TP team, who used the same design as a concept for Sheik IN TP. She was planned to be, but cut, so obviously Zelda CAN transform into Sheik in TP, just chooses not to. :tongue:

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
EVerybody who keeps saying "OMFG Shiek wasnt in TP so its all crazynes, the cake is a lie NANANA!!11! roflol it confirms Reggie playable" Etc, you obviously didn;t read her Bio. THIS Sheik is a design submitted by the TP team, who used the same design as a concept for Sheik IN TP. She was planned to be, but cut, so obviously Zelda CAN transform into Sheik in TP, just chooses not to. :tongue:
Actually,
Sheik was scheduled to appear in TP when TP was VERY early in production, the plot was not finalised, and the story was to take place in the adult time line. A time line in which Sheik appeared in. They later changed the plot, and placed into the child time line. A time line in Which OOT Zelda never became Sheik.

So no, TP Zelda STILL can not become Sheik.

This isn't TP Zelda anyway. It's Smash Zelda.
Just as Sheik is smash Sheik.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You guys forget about Zelda's powers. In the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (and Melee for that matter), Sheik also had red eyes, blonde hair, and a darker skin tone. Zelda is able to use the Triforce of Wisdom and her powers as a Sage to transform her skin tone, eye color, hair color, etc. This is why people were unable to recognize Sheik as Zelda's alter ego.

Zelda has such powerful magic, but people often forget this since she often uses her powers to help make Link's quest easier.
I was being sarcastic BTW, I know why

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
the reason why Sheik has blonde hair instead of brown hair is because Sakurai couldnt decide whether Sheik was a he a she or a potatoe while eating some fries. He looked at the fries and realized they where yellow. Fries are made from potatoes. Sheik is a potatoe; Sheik's hair is yellow/blonde. The reason why Sheik is referred to as she on the DOJO is because Nate Bihldorff didnt want to confuse people...

its a scientific fact....

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I was kinda looking forward to brown hair but I love the pony tail.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Thinking about it, Sheik being in the game would be kinda like...everyone who played OoT would know that she was Zelda. And it wouldn't be a big surprise anymore. So I can see why that doesn't really so much matter.

By the way, the two time lines thing CONFUSES the HELL out of me, and until the have a cross between Zelda and Chrono Cross where Link will be porting from one dimension to the other, I refuse to even believe that there is such a thing.

I was kinda looking forward to brown hair but I love the pony tail.
I think the ponytail is wicked sweet as well~

ZSSmetroid01

Smash Cadet
ahh stop talking about how its ilogical for her to have diefferent coloured hair. Of course there isnt gonna be logic! She's a tranforming princess fighting people from space, giant penguins, giant turtles, electric mice, telekenetic children, and a blue hedgehog!!!! and many weirder enemies too.

Brawler Lime

Smash Cadet
does it really matter?
YES- It is TP Zelda
YES- TP is set in the child link from OOT timeline
NO- That doesn mean she cant tranform into sheik. Just because Zelda was a kid doesnt mean she was a different person.
The sooner you accept the fact that videogames dont need a canon, you can enjoy them for what they are, a videogame. Its not some movie series with sequels and prequels and all the intense running together a la The Bourne Series. It is a fun activity, not an logically timelined historically correct adventure retelling thing.

Dark Meta-Knight

Smash Apprentice
It was Blonde in Melee like Zelda's Hair, so I guess they like it that way. Plus, it wouldn't look good with Brown. People would think it's a guy.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
does it really matter?
YES- It is TP Zelda
YES- TP is set in the child link from OOT timeline
NO- That doesn mean she cant tranform into sheik. Just because Zelda was a kid doesnt mean she was a different person.
The sooner you accept the fact that videogames dont need a canon, you can enjoy them for what they are, a videogame. Its not some movie series with sequels and prequels and all the intense running together a la The Bourne Series. It is a fun activity, not an logically timelined historically correct adventure retelling thing.
In the child timeline Ganon never takes over Hryule, Zelda never has to run away, so she never has to become Sheik.

Debating certain factors of a video game are the best part of a video game.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
In the child timeline Ganon never takes over Hryule, Zelda never has to run away, so she never has to become Sheik.

Debating certain factors of a video game are the best part of a video game.
Hyrule has a huge timeline, we know that from just the games, and it probably extends far beyond the games' reach too.

There was nothing mentioning Zelda could use Goddess Magic, but it's not hard to believe she could, she's in the Hyrulean royal family.

The Sheikah have been the guardians of the Hyrulean royal family for aeons.

There is nothing in OoT that says "Sheik" Zelda was the first person in the Hyrulean family to disguise oneself as a Sheikah. There is nothing to say she or Impa had invented the technique herselves.

Just like we don't know the Royal Family's background concerned with Goddess Spells
We don't know the Royal Family's background concerned with Sheikah magic, but it wouldn't be hard to believe they were close, just like it wouldn't be hard to believe Zelda can use Goddess Magic.

Not only was Sheik originally planned to be in TP (but not put into the plot anywhere), but this isn't really TP Sheik, it's Smash Bros Sheik. They're not the same, and even if they were the same it would be fine, because TP was planned to be in TP, suggesting Nintendo would have thought of a story background to fit Sheik in there. I'm assuming the magic isn't exclusive to OoT Zelda.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
You should really read the sheik update over again.

They said that this sheik WAS going to be used for TP but for some reason it wasnt.

Therefor if sheik was in TP she wouldve looked like what she does in brawl. Throwback or not.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice

I've actually seen that on YouTube before. It was kinda funny. Zelda looked like some kind of barbarian lady with shiek's stance, and the attacks made her hair and clothes go all crazy. Then about 10 seconds later they had Giga Bowser fighting like Jigglypuff.

Top Bottom