• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does Qick Draw put you into Helpless if Green Missile Doesn't?

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
Think about it: they have similar qualities (horizontal movement, chargeable, attack stops momentum) and yet Green Missile can be used infinite times (hypothetically) and Quick draw can only be used once AND it takes your 2nd jump and Aether???:confused::confused:

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Because Ike is a heavy weight
I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Anyways, I guess it's just the way Ike is. Pika and Luigi can both move after Skull Bash/Green Missile, but I guess that's just the way they were made. Still, if Ike could actually move after a Quick Draw, it would definitely make him better.

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Anyways, I guess it's just the way Ike is. Pika and Luigi can both move after Skull Bash/Green Missile, but I guess that's just the way they were made. Still, if Ike could actually move after a Quick Draw, it would definitely make him better.
I know, it's just unfair like that

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
they wanted to balance Ike's power with terrible recovery

Bouse

Smash Ace
A full charged quick draw goes pretty **** far. His recovery isn't terrible, just requires relatively basic timing and aim.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
A full charged quick draw goes pretty **** far. His recovery isn't terrible, just requires relatively basic timing and aim.
His recovery is terrible. Both his Up-B and Quick Draw can be gimped by many characters in this game. As a matter of fact, Quick Draw can be gimped by simply being in the way when Ike's recovering.

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
His recovery is terrible. Both his Up-B and Quick Draw can be gimped by many characters in this game. As a matter of fact, Quick Draw can be gimped by simply being in the way when Ike's recovering.
I don't think either of his recoveries are terrible. Forward B is really easy to gimp, but if you're good enough, you can recover quickly and easily with it.

I don't see how people say Aether is easy to gimp. Every time someone has tried to gimp me on it, they end up getting spiked (10% of the time Aethercide, but...) and ended up taking a new approach to gimping me.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Aether is easy to gimp by shielding it and tilting or smashing Ike away, then edgehogging for the gg.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I don't think either of his recoveries are terrible. Forward B is really easy to gimp, but if you're good enough, you can recover quickly and easily with it.

I don't see how people say Aether is easy to gimp. Every time someone has tried to gimp me on it, they end up getting spiked (10% of the time Aethercide, but...) and ended up taking a new approach to gimping me.
Get Fludded by Mario and you'll see what I mean.

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
didn't they already balance it with terrible speed?
But Ike's got weight, no? Either that or Sakurai just hates Ike.

Ike's recovery is pretty terrible tbh. Quick Draw just gets nulled by projectiles/characters/airdodge, and Aether doesn't have too much of a horizontal distance. Coupled with Ike's average air speed and fairly fast fall, as well as his short second jump, contributes to the bad recovery in which he suffers.

Besides, you could jump off the stage and try to counter Ike's Aether with Marth lol.
Or jump off, predict the Up B and then Up B into the edge before Ike does.

Other than that, Ike's recovery isn't as bad as say...Ivysaur and Olimar.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Only idiots Aether back on the stage, aether onto the ledge. Save your jump so you avoid the inv frames when they grab the edge AND the gimp attempt.

Top Bottom