• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you use Dark Pit?

Why do you play as Dark Pit?

• Total voters

ChibiChan12

Smash Cadet
Why do you play as Dark Pit? Here's a poll to decide. :4darkpit: If there's something I left out you can tell me.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Why do you play as Dark Pit? Here's a poll to decide. :4darkpit: If there's something I left out you can tell me.
Dark Pit has very few differences from Pit, He has 2 moves (Neutral B and Side-tilt) that are inferior to Pit. And he has a subjectively worse Side-B. However, his combo game, and their amazing smashes and aerials stay the same. So really the two are interchangeable, when I switch to dark pit, it's normally because I'm being disrespectful, or if I'm going up against Rosaluma.

ChibiChan12

Smash Cadet
Dark Pit has very few differences from Pit, He has 2 moves (Neutral B and Side-tilt) that are inferior to Pit. And he has a subjectively worse Side-B. However, his combo game, and their amazing smashes and aerials stay the same. So really the two are interchangeable, when I switch to dark pit, it's normally because I'm being disrespectful, or if I'm going up against Rosaluma.
Oh okay, I'll see if I can change the poll. Thanks for voting and the comment!

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Because Dark Pit doesn't sound like an absolute punk when he gets hit with an attack that's why :smirk:

:150:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Because Dark Pit doesn't sound like an absolute punk when he gets hit with an attack that's why :smirk:

:150:
...but he johns everytime he loses instead of a smiting defeat like a man("I went easy on you this time" and "It's not over" for example)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Cockiness is a virtue I appreciate
Even after he attempted multiple(3-4) cheap shots that fail him, only tight him 1v1 like a man...and still lose?
The man lost to Pit twice, and only leaves him alive so that he can live. Just like he hates gods, but needs Viridi to fly.
#EdgyAin'tCittinIt

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Even after he attempted multiple(3-4) cheap shots that fail him, only tight him 1v1 like a man...and still lose?
The man lost to Pit twice, and only leaves him alive so that he can live. Just like he hates gods, but needs Viridi to fly.
#EdgyAin'tCittinIt
I have no counter argument. GG Bro

ChibiChan12

Smash Cadet
I almost chose the first one, "Because he's cool" (since he is) but I decided to go with the second one because I really do like his moveset, even though he's not too different from Pit. That and I like his personality. :) Thanks again guys for the votes and replies!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I feel like we need a "Why do you play as Pitty Pat?" thread...we might need one

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
#EdgyAin'tCittinIt
He doesn't need Viridi to fly, he can fly on his own, it's just that his flight is limited. And the gods in KIU are jerks, Viridi is trying to wipe out the human race, don't even get me started on Hades. And Palutena isn't exactly the nicest person in the world either. So Dark Pit not liking any of the gods is completely justified.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He doesn't need Viridi to fly, he can fly on his own, it's just that his flight is limited. And the gods in KIU are jerks, Viridi is trying to wipe out the human race, don't even get me started on Hades. And Palutena isn't exactly the nicest person in the world either. So Dark Pit not liking any of the gods is completely justified.
He dies need Viridi to fly. After he beat Pandora, he lost the ability to fly. With this proof, you'd think he wouldn't work for a hod who tried to blow up/Secret War up an entire planet. Leave Palutena to Pit

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
He dies need Viridi to fly. After he beat Pandora, he lost the ability to fly. With this proof, you'd think he wouldn't work for a hod who tried to blow up/Secret War up an entire planet. Leave Palutena to Pit
It took Palutena 17 chapters to send FOUR of her troops to help Pit, and it took Viridi ONE chapter for her to send her troops in too help Pit, (though only in a flying section). Also, Palutena is a jerk to Pit, remember the monster pheromone in chapter 3? or how about those "super sensors" in chapter 13? or even better, remember how she "squeezed" Pit's head in chapter 15, and made him look like an idiot in front of everyone? (He does it by himself, but still) I know it's all done for laughs, but I never saw Pit laughing. And the one time Viridi had a gift for Pit, it was a hot spring. If I was given the option to work for either of them, I would go with Viridi.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Is this an anti Dark Pit thread
I you want it to be, then yeah
It took Palutena 17 chapters to send FOUR of her troops to help Pit, and it took Viridi ONE chapter for her to send her troops in too help Pit, (though only in a flying section). Also, Palutena is a jerk to Pit, remember the monster pheromone in chapter 3? or how about those "super sensors" in chapter 13? or even better, remember how she "squeezed" Pit's head in chapter 15, and made him look like an idiot in front of everyone? (He does it by himself, but still) I know it's all done for laughs, but I never saw Pit laughing. And the one time Viridi had a gift for Pit, it was a hot spring. If I was given the option to work for either of them, I would go with Viridi.
It's kinda obvious that Pit didn't need help from others up until Pyrron and Hades because he's a noble warrior, Palutena obviously didn't have to worry about Pit since he...you know...took out Medusa and her forces by himself at such a long age, while being the last angel alive, so of course he'd need no help. Also, those FOUR helpers were ripped and sent there to help Pit because be can't fly, so it was either have them carry him on a rock...or Pit dies. Pit is also a very literal guy(as proven by Magnus), so of course he wouldn't laugh at Palutena's games(only his own). If you're someone who takes pretty much everything your idol/best friend/leader/lover in some people's eyes, then you'd believe a majority of what they say. Even though she did try to kill Pit and Marvel up Earth, Viridi did give him a hot spring. Pit would still stick with Palutena unless he dated either Phosphora or Viridi, Dark Pit is to edgy to be doing that anyways.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
I you want it to be, then yeah

It's kinda obvious that Pit didn't need help from others up until Pyrron and Hades because he's a noble warrior, Palutena obviously didn't have to worry about Pit since he...you know...took out Medusa and her forces by himself at such a long age, while being the last angel alive, so of course he'd need no help. Also, those FOUR helpers were ripped and sent there to help Pit because be can't fly, so it was either have them carry him on a rock...or Pit dies. Pit is also a very literal guy(as proven by Magnus), so of course he wouldn't laugh at Palutena's games(only his own). If you're someone who takes pretty much everything your idol/best friend/leader/lover in some people's eyes, then you'd believe a majority of what they say. Even though she did try to kill Pit and Marvel up Earth, Viridi did give him a hot spring. Pit would still stick with Palutena unless he dated either Phosphora or Viridi, Dark Pit is to edgy to be doing that anyways.
While I know Pit would stay with Palutena no matter what. But, If I was an angel that had no bias whatsoever and I could chose whatever goddess I wanted to side with, Like our goth friend Ptooey, I would still pick Viridi, not because I wanted to bang her or Phosphora. But based on how both of them treat an angel, in their case; Pit. And while Dark Pit definitely wouldn't fall for any of Palutena's jokes, I think he still wouldn't like her because, he has no sense of humor. While Viridi seems to be more direct and straight to the point. Dark Pit joined Viridi because she's more his style, he doesn't want to joke around, he wants to get straight to the point and fight.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
While I know Pit would stay with Palutena no matter what. But, If I was an angel that had no bias whatsoever and I could chose whatever goddess I wanted to side with, Like our goth friend Ptooey, I would still pick Viridi, not because I wanted to bang her or Phosphora. But based on how both of them treat an angel, in their case; Pit. And while Dark Pit definitely wouldn't fall for any of Palutena's jokes, I think he still wouldn't like her because, he has no sense of humor. While Viridi seems to be more direct and straight to the point. Dark Pit joined Viridi because she's more his style, he doesn't want to joke around, he wants to get straight to the point and fight.
He does have a sarcastic side though, that's a kind of humor. The only reason Pittoo joined was because they had the same "intrests" overlapping eachother(so maybe the flying only or something).

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Dark pit has better alternate colors, the only one I don't like is the black gold one. I only like pink, gold, dark, and regular pit

TAFJ

Smash Rookie
The sounds he makes when he gets hit is less annoying than Pit's, his victory screen animations, alts, and victory theme are all better. I'm fine with different arrows and side-b even though they are objectively worse. I'm just salty about f-tilt really.

EDIT: I'll just file this under "Because he's cool"

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We need a Pit version of this. Make sense to have one for both anyways

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Only reason I play DP (aside from him being cool and the fact I prefer darker characters in general anyways), is because I can't handle basic Pit's arrows whatsoever (I used to be able to in Brawl, but the in 3DS version I tend to almost always aim for the ground), plus I tend to combo with him a little better than basic Pit anyways as DP has less knockback than basic Pit who tends to knock them away a bit further than DP.

Plus DP's arrows hits slightly harder than basic Pit's does at full charge and I happen to have a pretty good shot with them from time to time.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Because he was a pretty awesome character (and a pain in the ass) in Uprising...and because the clone haters wouldn't shut up about his inclusion...and he's the closest thing I have to Wolf so I guess there's that.

I only use him every once in a while though.

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
I'm actually beginning to use Dark Pit almost as much as I'm using Pit. I'll probably only end up using him in certain matchups or on certain stages though, because of the Electroshock Arm. I like the sound effects of the Electroshock Arm as well.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I use Dark Pit as a counterpick option, especially against Rosaluma. However, I still use Pittoo because I see no reason to not use both. Pit is better, but Pittoo ain't too bad at all. They pretty much share the same spot on the tier list in my book.

Shabadoo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0061-2639-5568
It just..doesn't feel the same when I play pit. Dark pit just clicks, I can't use Pit's roller coaster arrows to save my life, and his side b just sends them in a direction better suited for me. Also, when Dark Pit side b's he sometimes grunts like he's using that electroshock arm for something a little less holy...or more if you wanna add to the dirty joke. Point is I'm 14 and laugh at immature things! Also his side b offers a little more follow ups in my playstyle and the stronger arrows tie nicely in once they're away from you after you side b.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Everybody complaining about Pit's voice, you guys realise the same voice actor voices Dark Pit, seriously if you listen to angry Pit he sounds exactly the same as Dark Pit.....oh wait....

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Everybody complaining about Pit's voice, you guys realise the same voice actor voices Dark Pit, seriously if you listen to angry Pit he sounds exactly the same as Dark Pit.....oh wait....
Yeah, but DP always sounds like that. iirc, one of the voice choices in fates is the same VA as Tails. That doesn't mean they're the same.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Yeah, but DP always sounds like that. iirc, one of the voice choices in fates is the same VA as Tails. That doesn't mean they're the same.
Still I would assume they sound similiar, Pit's got that endearing goofy feel to him and Dark Pit has that aloof badassness, love them both but the main thing i was trying to imply was neither sound bad (that and Dark Pit is literally angry/edgy Pit), if a prepubescent girl sounded like Antony Del Rio, that would be kinda wierd...

The same can't be said for the japanese version though, he sounds like a girl cuz he is voiced by a girl >.<

Last edited:

StygianSilver

Smash Rookie
NNID
Silver4998
3DS FC
3711-7748-4916
Since Electroshock Arm sends foes at a lower angle, it means earlier kills near the side of the stage. Super armor also lets me use it like a moving counter. I'm okay with that.
I also suck at aiming Pit's arrows, but I can land Pitto's for some reason.

(But really I play Pitto because my cousin thinks he sucks and it's fun to beat someone with a character they hate:smash:)

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Since Electroshock Arm sends foes at a lower angle, it means earlier kills near the side of the stage. Super armor also lets me use it like a moving counter. I'm okay with that.
I also suck at aiming Pit's arrows, but I can land Pitto's for some reason.

(But really I play Pitto because my cousin thinks he sucks and it's fun to beat someone with a character they hate:smash:)
Totally agree with the idea of beating someone with a character they hate or think sucks, feels good :p

Top Bottom