• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you still play Project M?

I still play PM because the roster encourages different playstyles, I feel like there really is at least one character that everyone can identify with. The Viability of the majority of the cast also makes this game very welcoming for newcomers. Did I mention that Wario actually feels like Wario?

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
Because Project M in my eyes is the best Smash game. It has general character balance, especially in 3.6, has stages for those who enjoy competitive and casual play, better item balance, the content of Brawl with the style of Melee, custom content (however, I just stick with BRSTMS, since most custom content outside of PM is usually garbage) new game modes that smash should have in the first place. Yeah, it's more catered towards competitive, but you can easily play the game casually. Really the only thing that could make the game the literal best is have more characters/stages (which we're getting, lets face it, just gotta be patient) and online play, but sadly you can only do with netplay.
i play online against many poeple with my pal wii on private sever finger in tha nose ;)

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
The game plays well and the team really tailors to the fans.

No one i know plays this game anymore, so when i play smash I'm pretty much only playing smash 4 or melee.

But from time to time ill boot pm and beat on some level nines or on some scrubs, characters in this game are ****ing nutty, you can go in hard with pretty much anyone.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
I play PM because I feel like it brings the best of both worlds to Smash. I never liked Melee, but I respected the people who played at a high level. I loved Brawl though and it really got me into competitive Smash. I also loved Smash 4, but after a while I fell in love with how fast and aggressive PM is!

I also love the community driven aspect of it and customizing my own builds. MY Project M really feels like mine. It's got the music, stages, and skins that I love and I just don't get that 4.

I only wish that it had the visuals and items of Smash 4 because I feel like those are really the only 2 things that Smash 4 has over it. Even though Smash 4 has more characters, I have more fun learning PM's because they're each so balanced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom