• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why do you play the blue bird?

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
cuz hes so god dam fun to play with!! i mean i used to main link and then when i played falco it was like GOD THESE OTHER CHARACTERS ARE CRAP! thats when i was getting into advanced techs and such and now my game has really improved thanks to falco... I LUV THAT BLUE BIRD!

Dopey

Smash Lord
since they took out kirbys insta spike in melee, i seen falco had one, and then i blew a insta-spikery load all over the TV.

PetaNybble

Smash Cadet
Picked him because blue falco has an awesome looking jacket and boots.

and cuz of his dair and d-tilt

Dr.Falco

Smash Rookie
I started playing fox before i knew about advance techs. After i saw a combo video (Shine Blind) i started to wonder how they did all the fast movements and stuff so i started to look around. After I saw all of the advance techs and tried them with fox it seemed to hard but i still wanted someone with a similar move set so i decided to play falco :)

Aaron_Sketch

Smash Cadet
***Skip to the next paragraph if you don't feel like reading my life story***

I was playing Falco a very very long time ago, back when I never knew that Wavedashing existed, before short-hopping wsa a myth and leadgeguarding was my main weakness. Of course I sucked at smash bros. Until I read a Nintendo Power mazagine. It had an article celebrating the awesomeness of Smash Bros. Melee, and that is where I learned that the C-stick can be used to smash. And then some. My interest once again ignited, I searched on gamefaqs for guides everywhere I could find. I soon found this site, and since then I became awesome as Falco. Especially since watching the videos. Because once I watched a video, I suddenly became aware of the two magic words that would forever bind me to Falco-

Shine.
Spike.

***Stop reading if you don't want to hear my life story***
Simple enough, once I realised the potential contained in Falco's Dair, I was never quite the same. I "borrowed" my friends game (By now I had sold mine) and I tried out some spiking. At first all I did was SDs all over the place, but by 2:30 AM I had finally achieved my goal. Now, Mewtwo is the only person who I ever have trouble spiking with, and I am the second-best out of all of my friends. And so yeah. Falco 9wns.

syaoran

Smash Rookie
Before when the game just came out my brother and I would play day and night and always fight each other. He would always own me using Fox so i thought if i used someone similar I would win too. I know that Fox and Falco are actually very different but since they seemed to have the same move set i thought they were exactly the same, that's what drove me to start using him, but yeah he's my favorite character now.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
so yeah

i used to main with samus and everyone hated her because they tohught she was cheap so one day i just tried falco and discovered the dair <3

and then right after that i saw Soldier of Fortune.

HELL YEAH.

HylianLord

Smash Ace
falco is used by most ppl because he's one of THE easiest characters to get good with. laser just nullifies wayy too many things.

ah well... i use falco in serious play because if i ever get overwhelmed, i just laser camp so that i can actually think for a second.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i think peach is easier to be a ***** with than falco.

falco takes practice, its not easy to wavedash with him, pillar, shine combo, SHL perfectly (especially reverse) and other stuff.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
But he's not hard to sustain pwnage with. That's the thing, fox (***** YOU!!!) takes so much more effort to move around and simply not die, and since he prety much weights 10 tons, you have less reaction time. With falco, yes, it might take some getting used to, but once you obtain the concept you can only get better until you can basically just watch a good clean match without having to think as much as ur opponant.

Top Bottom