• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Do You Play Smash

Ascended

Smash Ace
I love seeing the content from different video games come together. All the music, the characters, and the stages. I'm a big fan of crossovers, so it's fun for me to see all these other video games that I play unite in a big epic fighting game. I also think it's fun to play and I've had a lot of hilarious moments and matches throughout my Smash career.

KiRbY.KiiLLeR

Smash Rookie
NNID
fatturnip779
One day my dad came home with melee when I was 6 years old. We used to always play together and I have hundreds of hours on all of the snash games. So I guess I play smash because I loved it as a child and grew up playing it

Gerbs

Smash Rookie
It's a way my friends and I have vented aggression towards each other since 1999.

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
I play it because the basic gameplay concept sets it apart from most other fighting games: how your objective is to knock the opponent off the stage rather than depleting their HP. That opens the door for new playstyles, many of which I appreciate greatly. Not to mention how love so many of the characters that appear in the game.

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
My Uncle's friend introduced me to Melee when I was about 5 years old. When I first saw it, I was confused because all these characters from different gaming series were all in one game fighting. I found Melee EXTREMELY fun once I started playing. Ever since I've been a huge fan of smash. It's just really fun.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I play Smash because it helped me bond with friends. Around the end of 7th grade, I had lost most of my friends. But I met someone who was into playing Pokemon, just like me. I thought I was alone after I was deserted but my friend helped me get back into the real world AND the world of many more games. Thank you, anonymous friend <3

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Back when I rented Melee and bought Brawl, it was because of the concept of Mario characters, Zelda (the guy called Zelda), Pikachu, Charizard and Ash (Ash = Pokémon Trainer) fighting together.
I did like it, and my love only grew up. I play now because of the Competitive Play, more series of Nintendo (I still need to play a bunch of series. Planning to buy many via Virtual Console) and to have fun. It's also my favorite series of all time.

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
I just love this game cause this was one of the first games I have ever played (along with Sonic the Hedgehog) and I thought it was amazing :)

darktrickster101

Smash Cadet
I started playing from the first time I picked up brawl. since then I was in love with the franchise, the concept and all the creative elements. also I like to play competitively and this is a great venue for that.

FEMARTH

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vintage
From the Perspective of a Solid :4marth:Main

When i first played Smash 64, it was surprisingly fun! Then Melee came out and guess what...still a blast to play!! Loved the Music, the Game play seeing as it was so different from anything else I knew! Then Brawl came. Brawl is what got me into Smash on a basic competitive level! Started playing against my friends and hosting friendly Brawl Tournaments at my house haha. It was a blast. PM soon came and my oh my.....it got SUPER competitive! Smash 4 Wii U dropped and i've never been more into Smash!

So in other words, i Guess its
- watching all my favorite Video Game Characters clash
-the great music
-the unique game play
-the great competitive community
-and, playing with Friends and Family

-Also learned and experienced new game franchises i'd never know about, (Earthbound, Mother3 which is the best game i've ever played, Fire Emblem, F-Zero)

Bhero

Smash Rookie
Honestly I see Smash bros as an art almost. The fact that a character can be used completely different depending on who is using them, brings individuality to the game. Its almost like Mr.Sakurai gives you a character and says, do what you want. In that sense, Smash is an art to me, you can make what you want out if it. You can jump with a button or tap the stick, you can be a projectile heavy Link or a melee heavy Link or balanced. The amount of freedom you have in this game is what has kept me playing since N64 days. That and the fact it has so many remarkable and memorable characters that I grew up with, to see Mario go from this little blocky square type model, to this smooth HD fire-ball throwing master has been amazing. I could write an entire dissertation on why I play Smash tbh.

Top Bottom