• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you play Roy?

Why do you play Roy?

• Total voters

amen

Smash Rookie
His play style fits with my own, I feel he is a combo of the best of Lucina and Marth, and he shares his name with my grandfather.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337

Awkward Zombie made me love him.

Last edited:

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
There should be an option that says, "The passion in his voice when he does his attacks." That is pretty much my reason. But he isn't a main. I would choose him occasionally.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
I really love the way he feels when I play as him.

IcyWind

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tenshiiicywind
He was my favorite character in melee when I was a kid. Being left out of Brawl left me with a sort of resentment for marth, but I got over that over time and with his dlc announcement

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
Well, l'm interested in the character a lot. Very grounded and actually has decent speed, unlike lke or Corrin. He feels so stylish and fast, although he basically just falls a bit faster than the other swordsmen. l've basically first started truly playing Bidou with him and l really enjoy it. l want to play this character a lot, but l always say that when l do fine against good players online with a character l'm more or less just pressing buttons with, so l'm gonna write this down before l forget he exists again.

You can basically choose how you want to fight a lot more than the others, except maybe lke and Corrin. But he's so much faster and evasive with fox-trots and B-reverse Flare Blade. You can scream BOKU WA MAKENAI or ROY'S OUR BOI just as much as PREPARE YOURSELF or I'VE MAID MAH CHOYS.

And he just looks.... Sexy, for a lack of a better term. He just looks really good and his combos do too, in a way only the FE lords feel like. Graceful, powerful, and totally skillfully.

Lightswo2

Smash Rookie
Roy was honestly the first character i used that did work for me. I do wanna use other characters as well, but i have to solidify some of my fundamentals before I should. I have faith that Roy is either among low mid tier or the best low tier character for the oddest reason(I can't find myself to believe he's bottom 5).

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I play Roy mostly for the fact I secondaried him in Melee, and tend to go with rush-down style characters.

It pains me that he doesn't have some of his combos from Melee (or a better recovery for that matter).

Top Bottom