• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you main Zamus?

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Zero Suit Samus is my secondary, so I'll be explaining why a bit differently. Sci-fi has always been a favorite genre of mine. :4samus: just never seems to click in the Super Smash Bros. fighting games with the Power Suit being held back in abilities, reliability, and firepower. I already main :4alph:, a character dependent on racking damage while playing defensively, so it would be natural that I pick up :4zss: for offensive rushdown thrills over :4samus:. Final reasons are pretty much why several people here do.

Honor

Smash Apprentice
They took Marth away from me. I've mained Marth for over a decade and they took him away like he didn't mean nothing to nobody :'(

Lol, basically Marth took so many nerfs that I decided to switch things up. ZZS has style that is super fun and flows beautifully. She is a really good character overall with enough gimmicks to mix things up in a very enjoyable way.

I still play Marth a lot but ZZS is my gal :)

GeneralBrwni

Smash Cadet
Brawl was the first Smash game I played in the no-items-1v1 style, and since I like Starfox and Metroid, I mained Wolf and had ZSS as a secondary because Samus to me just felt too far from how she plays in the games (and yet they did so well with megaman). Then Sakurai killed Wolf and here I am. I like Metroid way more than Starfox anyways, but at the time I just liked playing Wolf too much. Metroid: Zero mission was also the first Nintendo game I ever played, with the exception of occasionally being able to play other peoples' games (like my brother's Pokemon Crystal version) and I really liked the game. Before that I'd mainly just played whatever random PC games my parents bought, usually with characters they recognized like frogger and pacman (probably why I play him as a secondary, especially considering he retained his adventures in time design, which was the game my parents bought me). I also kinda fell in love with Pacman's odd playstyle, but he has an even higher learning curve than ZSS, so I've stuck with her. I play characters based on who I like and whose playstyle I like more when I play them, and ZSS has met both of those criteria better than any other character.

MankeyShank

Smash Cadet
Her speed and air game are amazing. Her Down-B has a wide number of uses and her grabs (especially her D-Throw) can make for incredible setups. Oh yeah, and meteor-smashing your opponent with what I like to call "Kamikaze Dair"...they never see that coming.

Simbada

Smash Rookie
Whenever I bought my DS with Smash I played against a friend with Ike and he picked ZSS and Dair'd me mercilessly. I thought it was sooooo good. Then I started using ZSS after playing with Ike for a while. And I love playing with her now <3 (Of course now I know how to play the game)

iNSANE

Smash Rookie
NNID
iNSANEwOw
For me the reason I main her is for the most part that I just like her moveset a lot. I always liked fast characters with good aerials, like my Melee Main Falco. Another thing is that I like her design and the Metroid games but the main reason for me is that she just naturally seems to fit my playstyle better than any other character in Smash 4.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Zero Suit Samus is my second favorite character in Smash Bros., but nevertheless, is the character I most used.

She's beautiful, fast, strong, agile, her lethal whip, like her legs and paralyzing.

Summary: Zero Samus Zero is SPECTACULAR!.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
I saw a video of someone using her on For Glory before the game was released in the Americas and Europe, and she looked like a cool character.
That and she also reminds me of Snake.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Well, I like playing with Zero Suit Samus because of her suitable playstyle, cool moveset, speed, interesting set ups, and her combos. I like her since Brawl and even though she wasn't easy to play like Mario, Luigi, and Kirby, her playstyle suits me along with her speed, combos, and range. Power-suit Samus, I tried, but I perfer close combat and rushdown. Also, she replaces Captain Falcon for me because I tried my best with him, but he wasn't very good with koing and comboing like he was in 64 and melee. I still play Zero suit Samus in Smash 4, but she's more of a secondary or causal character for me since I'm trying out other characters. Her combos and recovery are better in smash 4 which works for me:)

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
I just like how shes amazing but under the radar just a bit because sheik is a thing. Also those kicks hnnnnng. Totally the waifu next to lucinia :]

1FC0

Smash Lord
I know why you guys main her. With high heels, barely any clothes, blonde hair, dumb looking head, and big **** Zamus attracts them boys!

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Beautiful, quick, great in the air, nice voice, has a warm calming smile, her up B, from metroid, wears blue, her character, fun to play with, and her down B nya! And she'd make a great pet owner nya!

Yojimbosan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yojimbosan
I've always loved the Metroid games and Castlevania games and Zero Suit is the closest thing I can get to playing a Belmont. Plus she's just a great character that has fantastic mobility and some killer tricks up her sleeve. She compliments my Yoshi play style very well.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
When the game first game out I played a ZSS on fg that i just couldn't chase down with my previous brawl mains Marth / Kirby cause she was just too darn fast and annoying.

So I decided to main her. I am now picking up Sheik for similar reasons.

It's cute that all you Metroid fans go for her, I'm never been in love with any particular Nintendo game, for the most part I only play Smash & a little Mario Kart. Though if Daisy ever makes it in I will certainly try to pick her up assuming she isn't trash.

Sol Squid

Smash Cadet
Everything about ZSS is so graceful amd elegant. Her movements are so crisp, and they just make sense. I kind of can play a ton of characters. ZSS just clicks with me though.
Also. Fox is the only other top tier I enjoyed, and I needed a character fast enough to beat the cancerous sin that are Mario and Luigi. Seriously, 90% of their combos are from Up throw and Down throws. A Luigi got me in a grab lock after I teched another one of his grabs, and I died at like 20%. Sheik is also the most boring character in the game to play in my opinion, so...
Off that tangent, ZSS is just so fun to play. Also, the salt that is the fact that no one plays more than one game with me on For Glory when I play Zero Suit.

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I had no interest in playing her. But I watched a lot of tournament videos and I saw a lot of Nairo playing ZSS I thought she looked cool but I didn't feel like she was for me. Then one day after getting so frustrated on for glory because I kept losing with my old main I decided to get a new one. I did every character for fun. But when I played ZSS everything clicked. Like I knew what to do and what moves to use in certain situations just from watching videos. So I went on for glory with her and I started winning a lot more than I used to.

GusTurbo

Smash Cadet
NNID
GusTurbo
I was always a big Metroid fan and I didn't like suited-Samus, so I picked up ZSS. I enjoy her moveset and high-risk, high-reward playstyle.

I'm not a fan of how her boobs look like balloons (i.e. unrealistic) and I find this whole "waifu" thing really bizarre and off-putting as well.

DReager1

Smash Rookie
NNID
Terry20
Well, I actually main Sheik, but I just picked up ZSS as my backup/counter pick character a few weeks ago. I used to have Pac Man and Captain Falcon in that position, but in the matchups where I was overwhelmed as Sheik (Shulk, Villager, Sonic) they didn't help so ZSS has been much better in that regard. She's a blast to play and eventually I aim to make her my half main. I'll simply alternate between using her and Sheik aside from MUs where one character is much better than the other. She's always been a cool character and her rushdown tactics really fit my playstyle!

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
My cousin used her as his alt in brawl (and would always pause the game to stare at her, the perv...) Her moves were pretty good and I played as her once or twice back then, but I preferred Toon Link. However in SSB4 I feel like he turned into a subpar character (and his aerial game was nerfed which was one of the only reasons I played him.) I hopped around characters a bit but stopped on ZSS. I like her speed, not too fast like Sonic but not slow like suited Samus, and how gracefully she moves around when the pros play her.

Also she's top tier waifu material.

TheFlyingCule

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlyingCule
3DS FC
3668-8782-5131
To me she's probably the most fun character in the game and watching her in action too is just amazing. Certainly helps she's the Protagonist of my favorite game franchise of all time. Unfortunately Power Suit Samus doesn't click with me as much, but I still like playing her too

She's also super cute :)

Last edited:

Bash2King

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetroidBash550
First smash game was brawl brawl introduced me to :samus2: and :zerosuitsamus:by her , since i loved playing as them so much when i was younger i looked into their series fell in love with it, became a huge Metroid fan (Metroid is my favorite game series and top 5 of things period) and since then i've played in all the games I've played no matter how bad they are....:4samus::4zss: just gonna put these here because i love their new appearances(Other M Power Suit and Sm4sh Samus ftw, seriously Metroid needs to keep get and keep this zss appearance)

CaliforniaSoul

Smash Rookie
I was tired of putting in all this work with mid tiers like Link and Little Mac only to have their weaknesses (landing, recovery, etc.) be too glaring so I wanted to hop on the high tier bandwagon so I place higher in tournies.

Juneau

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0748-5905-6690
They took Marth away from me. I've mained Marth for over a decade and they took him away like he didn't mean nothing to nobody :'(

Lol, basically Marth took so many nerfs that I decided to switch things up. ZZS has style that is super fun and flows beautifully. She is a really good character overall with enough gimmicks to mix things up in a very enjoyable way.

I still play Marth a lot but ZZS is my gal :)
SAME. I have to play Lucina in sm4sh so I feel like I'm playing somebody else while still retaining the marth instincts I've had since I was a child... He just feels so odd. So weak.
I also just have loved playing characters that feel rewarding to KO with. ZSS definitely has that feeling. DK and Tink are my secondaries... DK is probably the best feeling character to win with. Jussayin'.

Top Bottom