• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you main ness?

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
After seeing StereoKiDD & Boiko in addition to coaching Tetraflora here n there, I picked up Ness. In fact, most of my crew has been playing Ness for some reason lately. He's just a really cool character and I love his Dtilt and fading back, approaching DJC Bairs

Scoot

Smash Cadet
Due to Earthbound being my top favourite RPG (next to the Mario & Luigi Rpgs and Paper Mario) I picked up Ness because he's character I really liked from the game series itself as well as this he's a character you don't have to be too technical or too fast with and still do well based on movement and good decisions (i.e. reading techs, chasing, etc. etc.)

I really love Ness as a personality/character and his game mechanics too, I also play Lucas on the side :) Lets go Mother Toddlers.

Curse Hollows

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0447-8094-2293
Regrettably I never got a chance to play any earthbound/Mother games or owned any for that matter. BUT Ive loved ness since Melee since i didnt really play him cause it took me for ever to unlock him in 64 since i was such a youngster~. Backe when i didnt have tech skill I didnt understand why no one could use such an outstanding character in melee. The one character that can puppet his long ranged attacks. I was never really into camping but that was SOO COOL! Other than that he always had a special place in my heart that was easily replaced with lucas in brawl YES LUCAS WAS BETTER IN BRAWL CAUSE HE HAD SO MANY MORE KILL MOVES... in my opinion i give props to anyone who used ness well in brawl i found him difficult control. ANY how, I main Ness in PM and he may be my very best if its not Pikachu simply becasue In PM the tech skill put in Ness is GOD like. I mean sure lucas is GOD tier or a tier below it cause hes got like 20 kill moves, 2 dunks 3 kill throws, a decent wave dash, a pseudo shine, high speed combos, crazy L cancels, a tether, a long ranged PK freeze that can act like falcos lazer, and PK Offense Up that makes his kill moves even MORE powerful.... I find ness far more stable cause every move of his is clean cut and one shot kill. Hes easy to mind game with especially with all his hidden tech. Poking your enemy has never been so simple when you can dash at your opponent with decent speeds short hop into a Pk shine (I call it) B reverse it so as soon as the shine lands its hit box your opponent has hit stun but the momentum from you running turns you around, jump out of Pk shine into a guaranteed PK Fire for an easy grab into a Kill move backthrow and multi Pk shine for shine sounds good enough for me.
Ness has the greatest frontal mix up in the game in my optinion, if your opponent falls infront of your dash attack and or forward air their percentage wont stay low for long at all. if they get too close they will get shined, if their too far they will easily be Pk fired again for a grab, or pk thundered into an up air or a killing back air. and his recovery is very very difficult to edguard due to its dangers. Ness in Project M AND Smash 4 is over all a great character

Top Bottom