• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Do You Love Smash?

kdubb

Smash Rookie
I love smash because of the incredible depth. It seems no matter how much you play, you're always getting better or learning something new, and due to that, wanting to play more. This is also evident through the fact that Smash has been relevant for so many years. Not only are the players themselves diving deeper, the game itself seems to have an endless depth that keeps players coming back over and over even at the highest level.

Also, unlike other fighting games, the best gaming isn't only at the "deep" end (for the technical know hows and pros). Even the casual "shallow" end player can pick up the game and feel they KNOW the game. That's something you wont find in most fighting games.

And lastly, I love smash for the beautiful spacing. The human reaction to danger is fight or flight, and smash, unlike other fighting game options, gives you BOTH options. I became ever frustrated with fighting games that gave me no cover from an opponent that was obviously better then me. At least in smash, I can run them around a bit before I get squashed! :p But, not so much that you can adhere to one technique and ignore the other. But in all seriousness, there is a beauty in the spacing. Having time to think, and having time to react.

I love smash.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
It one of the most unique fighting games out there. Most fighting games usually look or feel like another game (Street fighter, KoF, the endless anime fighters). Smash is totally different and refreshing because nothing is like it (there's PSA but we don't talk about that). All of this combined with awesome fighting mechanics and some of the best line-up of video game characters to choose from, and you have one of the worlds best fighting game series.

Long live smash

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
The better question is why are there people that don't love smash. I guess everyone has different preferences, but I don't see what not to love. It's also awesome that it's a game you can either play seriously or just goof off, depending on your mood. It also lets you destroy people with :jigglypuffmelee:.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I love smash because it's what you make of it. No set combos, no health bar, you can trick someone into losing a stock if you're clever enough. It can be a party game, a super hype fighter, or anything else you want. It's got a terrific cast of lovable characters and plenty of surprises. It's a celebration each time you play and it's home. :4pacman:

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
KDJ said it best when he said "Smash is like a free style rap." You can take the same characters, put them on the same stage, and its going to be a completely different fight every single time. I described smash like this back in 2003 when people asked me how I could still play the same game, every day for over 2 years. Here we are now 13 year later and I still play smash bros at least once a week.

The fights are always different, the experience is always changing. There just isn't anything better than sitting down and playing smash with some good friends.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Because there is nothing more awesome then watching a cyborg with a lazar cannon for an arm punch a purple dinosaur in the face.

Last edited:

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
Seriously? You gonna sit down and write me a wall of text about how you love Smash because "it's such an avante guard fighter man nothing even comes close"
Simple answer for me. Because it's fun as hell.

Basty

Smash Ace
I love smash because it's a way for me to be myself. As a kid I always wanted to be a big sports star, but as the nerdy kid I was bullied and never had much friends, and that really lowered my self esteem. What Smash did for me is that, even if someone doesn't think that a certain thing is competitive, it doesn't mean you can't just give up on it.

The smash scene helped me grow as a person and I really love it for that

Airboysteel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BigJ-Airboy
3DS FC
0087-2405-4085
I love Smash because u can get creative with your moves and you can make friends along the way.

purasuma

Smash Rookie
NNID
patrickmooney
i love smash because it's balls to the walls madness. Not a lot of games still get played all this time after released by so many people. only the classics.

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
I love Smash because it's a unique fighter that brings all different Nintendo characters into one game to duke it out. Most importantly it's really fun. :)

IAmEnel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
I love Smash because of how simple, yet intricate and advanced the game really is. Anyone can enjoy it. It's both a party game and competitive fighting game.

Plus it's Nintendo. Who doesn't love Nintendo?

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Smash is just a game where as I feel you're more free to do whatever you want. What I see in other fighting games it's "press this button, then this button, twice, and then this other button" to complete the combo. In Smash Bros., even in the likes of Brawl, you can be more creative with how you fight and do some pretty whacky things with combos usually depending if your opponent depends to DI or not.

Not to mention I get to fight with familiar faces from games I know such as Pikachu, Kirby, Falco, and now, Greninja and Pac-man! The Pac-man that doesn't look stupid btw.

Is there even a reason as to why I should state my reason? Even among all the PS3 and Xbox fanboys (or people that just simply prefer those consoles for decent reason) which is what I'm surrounded by where I am, Smash Bros. is like the one game they respect and sometimes have a Wii for.

Smash is the greatest Nintendo series, and with Pokémon being a very close second. Oh yeah and Mario Kart's pretty nice as well.

Yeah people say PS3 and Xbox is better? Guys, I got all I need: Smash. Enough said.

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
I love smash because I feel free when i play it. I am in control of everything my character does. I can pull off things that I couldn't in any other fighting game. It's so original. And the beautiful thing is, that it was never meant to be played competitively. #Thebeautifulaccident

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I love Smash for so many reasons. Platforming games are my favorite, with action/fighting games with combat that feels organic as a close second. Smash perfectly combines the two, with crazy movement and fighting that is appropriately spontaneous.

In addition, I am a mainly Nintendo gamer, and the fact that I can take my absolute favorite characters, like Link, Kirby, and Charizard, and play as them in the same game is unreal. Also, I learn about new games and get inspired to play them, such as Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus.

Further, the game is easy enough where anyone can drop in and have fun, including my girlfriend and my sisters and cousins. It is an amazing party game that I have so many great memories of playing with fruends who were both beginners and experts. It is also deep enough that I can play through every game in the series and keep coming back and improving years later.

Not too mention the huge array of content in addition to normal fights that can keep you busy for a very long time. Or the way that each character feels so right and true to their game. Or the deep appreciation for video game history. Or the way a new game is able to generate so much hype.

I'm sure I'm forgetting reasons, but I could go on all day. Man, I love this game.

NHJM

Smash Rookie
I love Smash because i'm not particularly good at old school fighting games nor new ones but Smash is not like any other fighting game. Smash is a brand, my favorite game of all time, I love the characters that are in the game and i love the community most of all. (Besides the game of course)

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I love Smash because it's the perfect game with every friend. Ever since playing on n64 and melee, then playing brawl every time we get together, it's the one thing we all share.

There's nothing like having fun in the sun, then coming inside tired, having a glass of lemonade, and then having an FFA with some friends.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I love Nintendo and it's characters, and I stomp all my friends which is always cool.

PlayR489

Smash Cadet
NNID
PlayR489
I love smash not because my friends and I play it wayyyy too much when we get together but because I can beat up Bowser Ganon and worst of all that pesky blue rat Sonic....oh I hate him so much.
Edit: and the community here in smash is great.

Last edited:

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
I love smash because it is a whole different fighting game. A game where a inexperienced person can pick it up. The game has a unique fighting system instead of "drain the opponents hp". Just knock the opponent off the stage and you get a K.O. I just love the Simplicity.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Why I love Smash? The reason I liked Smash is that I've always wanted the idea of having Nintendo character s fighting against each other and the game play mechanics always amaze me.

Bear in mind, I've been playing the Smash series since the N64 and it is still one of the series that I adored since then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom