• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do YOU like Roy?

Rioku

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiokuMattenake
Chain grabbing people in for glory who don't know that it's easy to escape. I've found so many players who I can d throw, jab, d throw, jab to aerial strings and kill. It's always hilarious and looks so flashy.

Then there's the kill percents. I swear he kills earlier than Ganondorf. Roy and Ganon have always been my joke characters and him actually being good is pretty great.

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
OPTIONS.

Roy has amazing mix-ups, between his fastfall, his n-air, his Marth-like f-air abilities offstage (now improved with an amazing recovery move,) and his sheer speed. If Bowser and Captain Falcon were fused in a particle accelerator, Smash 4's Roy would result.

My favorite thing to do with Roy vs. human players is to short-hop toward an airborne/falling opponent, let them airdodge (falling next to them,) then using up-air or up-B. It's also fun to do it with a neutral-B charge ~ you jump toward them and start charging a Blazer, they airdodge (maybe twice, even) and you hit them with the B. The paranoia game is strong.

I also like to grab and immediately backthrow. Roy's grab and b-throw is so fast that people barely realize that they've been grabbed before they're thrown, often meaning poor DI and a severe mental shake-up. I'm gonna be using mostly Roy for CEO 2015 because of all these choices a player is given when using him. Sure, he may just have a sword, but don't underestimate its power.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Well when I was a kid, Melee introduced me to Roy and the FE series as a whole. I paid no attention to Marth's presence in Melee at all. I liked how he was a sword wielder but found him to be very feminine. Then Roy came around and caught my interest. He was extremely similar to Marth, but his moves were so flashy and felt powerful. I felt powerful using him so he was one of my mains.

Then Brawl came and shut me down with the lack of Roy. I was naturally excited for Roy's return in Smash 4 because he was always one of my favorite characters in Smash and is literally the first FE character I ever experienced.

However, my love for Link and the Legend of Zelda series as a whole dominates any other Nintendo franchise out there. Therefore, Link will always be my main. However, Roy's abilities in Smash 4 are extremely refreshing and fun. It really suits my true playstyle... so Roy comes at a veryyyy close second. I just can't betray Link.

Speed Boost

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, when the Ryu and Roy stuff first leaked I couldn't care less about Roy. Once they were released I just wanted to try Ryu and Lucas, but then I played against a few Roys and realized he was actually not just another carbon copy of Marth like I thought he was going be. He obviously has a lot of similarities, but he has a lot of unquie animations too unlike Lucina did. More importantly he has crazy kill power.

I have grown to like his design and I love the way he plays. Every one of his moves with a different animation than Marth's seems to be a change for the better. His Up B is my favorite change. It comes out really fast and has Super Armor. Up B out of shield is such a great punish option and because of the Super Armor and frame data you can just throw it out to avoid follow ups too. Roy is defiantly a character I will enjoy playing as a pocket character.

NNID
Redwalker
3DS FC
2423-3213-8820
I main Ike and second Link. Roy just seemed to fill in a void in my triumvirate.

To me he's a FAST in which my crew seems to disagree. But with him, I can take on the Captain Falcon, Sheik, and Fox in my group.

And he moves naturally for my playstyle. I've had a difficult time trying Shulk, Marth, and Lucina. I could play them academically, but nothing "clicked." Until I tried out Roy. :)

And th3 ph1r3!!!!!!!!!!

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
I picked him up in Project M and figured I might as well play him in Smash 4 as well.

WaluigiWeegeeSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
NewerLuigi
3DS FC
1934-0873-4422
I've always liked Roy since the Melee days and was hyped to play him. Not sure why, but I just liked the character. Now when I play him in Smash 4 he fits my need for power. Him being fast as well as having throw combos makes him even more fun for me. I'm happy that Roy is finally viable compared to Melee as well.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
He feels comfortable to use, speed of attacks are fast compared to Shulk's (used to main him), I loved him in melee. He is more in closer combat and I love that. I am not the kind of person who loves spamming crap, but I prefer a real fighting game and get closer.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Fast, has a sword, really powerful when sweetspotted, and in general just fun to play. I doubt he'll have any value in tournaments for me seeing how I already main Sheik and have ZSS as a pocket/secondary but he's still so fun so i'll keep playing him.

Also he's a ****ing badass in sm4sh, I don't care if he was a ***** in his own game.

Last edited:
Fast, has a sword, really powerful when sweetspotted, and in general just fun to play. I doubt he'll have any value in tournaments for me seeing how I already main Sheik and have ZSS as a pocket/secondary but he's still so fun so i'll keep playing him.

Also he's a ****ing badass in sm4sh, I don't care if he was a ***** in his own game.
He's a pretty big badass in FE6, too.

**Spoilers for FE6 below**

Thrown into a leadership position outta nowhere and still manages to travel around the world, grow in strength and numbers, and defeat Bern and dragonkind itself, surpassing his predecessors and the heroes of Elibe themselves, most notably Hartmut by sparing a certain foe and giving them a life of peace. Then he focuses fully on helping rebuild after the war. Far from any five letter censored word on here.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
He's a pretty big badass in FE6, too. Thrown into a leadership position outta nowhere and still manages to travel around the world, grow in strength and numbers, and defeat Bern and dragonkind itself, surpassing his predecessors and the heroes of Elibe themselves, most notably Hartmut by sparing a certain foe and giving them a life of peace. Then he focuses fully on helping rebuild after the war. Far from any five letter censored word on here.
Did you just spoil the entirety of FE6 for me lol.

Did you just spoil the entirety of FE6 for me lol.
My apologies. I get a bit passionate on these matters and auto-assume everyone on the Roy boards has played FE6 after close to a year in the DLC thread, and never really think about spoilers in general. I'll edit my post with spoiler tags and such.

I did spoil how the war goes (only on the 100% path), but there's still so much more in store with FE6.

Miley

Smash Cadet
Child hood all day.

I never started playing competitively until brawl. 64 and Melee were just go over to my friend's house after school and have fun with free for all (no items still though)

Merged

Smash Rookie
Back when I played melee casually, I unlocked roy and found him to be my favorite swordfighter cause of the fire mechanics he had and his melee crowd chant which really made him unique to me, just couldn't get enough of it. And, since his return from melee to sm4sh, I feel like his buffs are a blessing for me to try and play him again, maybe hopefully main him.

Back when I played melee casually, I unlocked roy and found him to be my favorite swordfighter cause of the fire mechanics he had and his melee crowd chant which really made him unique to me, just couldn't get enough of it. And, since his return from melee to sm4sh, I feel like his buffs are a blessing for me to try and play him again, maybe hopefully main him.
Eliwood is my based mexican homie, it's why I play his palette.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I've never even played FE6(will hopefully change that tomorrow :colorful:), but just seeing Roy's animations and designs in that game from my brother's playthrough a long time ago led me to fall in love with the character. And this was after I had seen FE7, so perhaps the fact he was a younger version of Eliwood(in my perspective at that time) may have had something to do with it.
That's basically how I came to like him. Then other very important stuff happened, saw him in Smash, etc. long story which I won't go into here, and eventually supported him heavily for Smash speculation to the point I was the only one doing so(in another forum though), and eventually the minority composed of just me became the majority and I was surrounded with fellow Roy fans. All of these only solidified my support for him, and that finally culminated in him coming to Sm4sh as DLC!

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Because playing as Roy now feels like reuniting with an old friend. Im about to get super sappy here.

Picture eight year old me, with my Gamecube playing Smash Bros Melee. I've cleared classic mode with a few characters to get a feel for them, and then I unlock Marth, followed by Roy. Maybe it was his red hair, or the fire, or his voice, but I was immediately drawn to him. I beat Classic and Adventure with him and read his trophies. Turns out his flaming sword is strongest in the center, closer to him. That made sense to me. I would be rewarded for getting up close. He felt great to play as and was just so cool. He felt so powerful.

Then the Brawl hype came, and I patiently waited for Roy to be revealed. Never happened. I was heartbroken and couldn't find a character to replace him with. Marth didn't quite fit, neither did Ike... The closest thing I got was Balanced Brawl's Ganondorf and Ike. I had fun with Brawl but I would sometimes go back to Melee to play as my boi. Eventually I kind of accepted his removal, especially with me learning about tier lists and competitive Melee and Brawl. I thought it was good that I had grown out of Roy, even if it was by force. I never did download Project M for myself, but sure enough when I did play it I used Roy and fell back into the old habits of 8-year old me.

By the time Smash 4 was coming out I wasn't expecting to see Roy again. Chrom, I thought, might be an upgraded version of him. We didn't get Chrom. Robin hyped me for a bit but then I played as him. ha. For a while I used Little Mac, who also fights up close, then Lucina with the red alt because that was the closest the game had to Roy. And I never liked the tipper mechanic. Then I switched to Bowser and Diddy for APEX, then a combo of Ganon/Ness/Yoshi. I still use Ness and Yoshi, and Ganon w/ customs.

Then we got the leaks. I was stunned but also kind of confused. Wasn't Roy old news? Then came the direct and the trailer and he looked so hype. Then I bought him and started playing as him and seeing how the rest of the community felt. He's good. Real good. He was different from Marth now, and still had everything that made him fun in Melee but with so much more. When I played this Roy, I didn't fall back into old habits like with PM. I could work with this. Now Roy is looking to be my new main and I'm so happy.

So why do I like Roy? Because, though I didn't know it before, now that I have him again it feels like he grew up with me. He came into his own as a character while I'm still working to come into my own as a person, as a 19 year old college student. He became viable when I started realizing that mattered. He adopted his own style as I'm doing the same, while still keeping what made him great. For this reason I feel like Roy and I are somehow linked, and this headcanon/story actually kind of inspires me. Yeah I'm weird I know.

I actually feel this way about two other characters: the Pokemon Blaziken and Azumarill. Both were close to my heart when I was little and both have, through new moves, abilities, and mechanics, grown stronger over the years as I've grown up, so I have the same feeling like they grew up with me. Am I making any sense?

TL;DR: Loved Roy as a kid in Melee, and he got good around the same time I did

D

Deleted member

I was so excited to pick up Roy in Smash 4 and have had fun with him even if I don't always win. He's just one of those characters that is so satisfying. I never play Marth, but I'll take Lucina and Roy for a spin any day. Yay clones

Evil Burrito

Smash Cadet
I only like Roy because his design is better than Marth's and has a stronger B move LAWL :4feroy:>:4marth:>:4robinm:>:4lucina:>:4myfriends:

LMarucha

Smash Rookie
NNID
LMarucha
I was surprisingly pleased with him that I picked him up. I love awakening so I wanted to play as Lucina heavily. The problem was that I didn't like how closely she functioned like Marth. Roy, to me, is like a Lucina I never got in this game. I couldn't put the character down. The irony is that I didn't care for Roy in Melee for the same reasons I don't play as Lucina very often, except in for fun matches.

janoDX

Smash Rookie
I was one of the few that played Roy and Marth on Melee and used him on different situations... For me Roy right now on Smash 4 fits what I'm looking at, a strong all around character, he has some weaknesses but he can kill fast at high speed.

Also I like how Roy looks over Marth right now.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Two words: Drunken Roy.

There's a story behind that, I'll elaborate.

A few years ago, I attended a Smash Bros tournament that was being held in an arcade+bar. I entered the tournament for Brawl, since that was what I was good at playing at the time, but I had myself a number of drinks, got a little tipsy, and drank a few more. I was having a good time and in good spirits, as well as pretty deep into my spirits.

At this tournament, there was a side event getting started for Melee; not a full tournament, but a little one for free that some Melee players wanted to slap together. At that point, I hadn't played serious Melee in years, having given up trying to catch up to the ridiculous technical mastery that tournament-level Melee players go for, and the fact that my most comfortable character for those few technical things I could do was Roy: considered one of the worst characters in terms of tournament-level viability in Melee.

However, my sense of better judgement and inhibitions after those drinks was gone, and I felt having some fun, and the fact that it was a free mini-tournament meant I really had nothing to lose, so what the heck. I entered, staggering drunk, with Roy...

I got 3rd place in that mini-tournament, 3rd place, against some solid Melee players who really knew their stuff.

Apparently, when I got really sloshed and played Roy in Melee, I did some of the most bizarre, unpredictable, unexpected things the players present had ever seen. I still had enough control of my faculties to perform what little Wavedash/L-cancel and the like I could do sober, at least enough to keep up with the truly expert players. That, combined with bizarre drunken shenanigans, and a kind of joyfully-cackling fearlessness brought on by my drunkenness, took me to 3rd place.

Fast-forward some time later: I'd picked up some Project M after Roy was added, and one night decided with a bunch of my comrades that I'd play Roy in PM while drunk. The results were very similar: I did bizarre yet stupidly effective things with my boy Roy. I then decided I needed to test this phenomena properly: play other characters in a similar state of intoxication. I found that literally all of the other characters I play, even my best mains and secondaries in Melee and PM, suffered greatly from my alcohol-induced-inebriation, while Roy became a deadly force to be reckoned with.

When Smash4 came out, I knew there wasn't any Roy, but I still wanted to see if another character could be my "drunk main" as Roy had become. Long story short: none of the characters I play in Smash4 improved with drunkenness, they all suffered, and I was a disappointed.

However, now that my boy Roy is back in the smash action, I am super super excited to test and see if this Roy will once again become and ungodly deadly drunken demon in my happily swaying booze-sloshed hands the way Roys before him have done.

Last edited:

Acj1

Smash Rookie
NNID
Acj1000
3DS FC
2638-1469-7526
I wanted to main him in melee because he was so cool-looking... but he was bad. But now, he has insane mixups and ridiculous kill power.

Last edited:

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
When I first played Melee as a kid I always played Roy with my Brother and our friends because he had teh Phi3r and I thought his design was really cool and the Idea of someone who is exclusively a sword* wielder appealed to me (Sword = spaghetti noodle).

Fast forward to when I got into competitive smash. I wanted to choose a good main and stick with it. So I though about Roy but didn't have the balls to go through with it so I went to Marth. After playing with him for a bit I realized his character just seamed so distant and cold so I switched to ganondorf thinking he would be more fun.

In short he was. Hell he's still one of my favorite characters in that game, just behind Cpt. Falcon. After doing OK with my Ganon problems started to come up. I felt like he was too slow and couldn't follow up on a lot of attacks, He also encouraged a disrespectful play style, popularized by people like Bizzaro Flame.

So I thought of who to switch to from Ganon and I was seriously considering Cpt. Falcon for a while, but for some reason I don't like playing good characters so I didn't go with Falcon. After a lot of thought and reflection I decided that I was ready to become the blue boy I was meant to be. Tbh that decision wasn't to bad of an idea considering how I've been placing better with my main Boy and pocket Falcon. (here's a link to my most recent tourney, I used the tag Scot http://challonge.com/wednesdaymeleeatoomba/standings ).

Then like 5 days after I became a Roy main the leaks came in and my house was flash flooded with hype. He's really fun in sm4sh and certainly better but he does have weaknesses but they're mostly linked to the player rather than the character. All in all TLDR: once a blue boy, always a blue Roy.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Gratuitous Japanese but his comments aren't jerky like Marth's, the fact that he's been de-cloned some, AND that early test runs are showing him to actually be viable compared to Marth and Lucina? Sign me up :)

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
When my brother and I unlocked the two Japanese unknowns in Melee, we instantly grew to liking them. My brother picked up Marth and I picked up Roy. Roy was generally more likable and memorable to me than Marth. I loved his fire element on his attacks and especially his voice clips. I also greatly preferred his "up close" playstyle to Marth's "tipper". My brother and I would always have :marthmelee: vs :roymelee: matches on Temple with the Fire Emblem track playing, we always had fun. We generally agreed that Marth and Roy's differences balanced them to the point of being equal to each other.
Fast forward to recent years where I learned about the competitive Smash scene, it saddened me to learn that Roy was not as good as I always thought he was. That didn't mean I'd disown Roy, though. Even as a low-tier, Roy was still my favorite.

I didn't get Brawl until long after it's initial release. When I learned about and downloaded Project M, it made me appreciate Roy even more. The PMDT gave him so much love...gave him so many little additions to make him just that much better in the long run.

Fast forward again, to Summer of 2014. The entire roster of Smash 4 was leaked! I was one of the few who believed the leak from the beginning and never doubted it.
So, in that leaked roster, my boy was nowhere to be seen...I was extremely disappointed in his absence. Come Christmas, I received Smash 4 as a gift. The hype was real. So much great Smash content, new and old. It was sure a pleasure to see three of my favorite video game characters, :4mario:, :4sonic: and :4megaman: in the same game. It was like a childhood dream. But still, as great as Smash 4 was, it felt like it was missing something (or rather, someone)...

In the months following, I began to defend Roy online. It wasn't until then that I realized there was such a hatebase for certain Smash characters. I pushed through the "Roy is already in the game" jokes and "Roy is a terrible Marth clone" arguments. I felt attached to Roy, due to the good times I had playing as Roy in Melee. All of the haters treading on him hurt, and I had to defend him.

April Fool's day...there was a last hope. The Smash Ballot was introduced! I immediately voted for Roy, and so did my brother. I got a lot of people I knew to vote for Roy. Not soon after, Mewtwo was released. The update was quickly datamined and grew that small remaining hope. I then joined the Roy support thread here on Smashboards. It was better than being alone for the ride. Most predicted Roy's reveal to be in Nintendo's E3 Digital Event, but there was the Smash Direct which nobody saw coming. Roy seemed so close...

...and he was. He was leaked a day before the direct. I had so much trouble sleeping on that night, I couldn't wait for the Smash Direct. It seemed that Roy's reveal and release were inevitable. And on that Sunday afternoon, the journey came to an end. He was both revealed and released on that day. He was back, and better than before. :4feroy:

So, why do I like Roy, you ask? Because I liked him from the beginning. Even in Melee where he was a subpar clone of Marth, I still enjoyed him as a character. That attachment to a character is something that cannot be broken. Although many people are picking him up in Smash 4 because he's so great now, the true fans of Roy will always be the ones that stuck with him to the end, the ones who endured the jokes and arguments.

If you'd like a character to return, don't listen to the haters. Support your character, no matter how silly it may seem to others.:pichumelee:

Simply put, Roy's our boy.

SusiMeansWolf

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-2011-9956
I'm obsessed with fire as an element, and as soon as I saw Roy's trailer I knew I wanted to main him. Not even kidding.
I'm training to be one of the best Roys in the world, and this is why I finally got inspired to finally exploit powershielding, B-reverses and fox trotting in actual battles :3 Also he's handsome, and I can't pretend it's not a tiny part of why I like this character as much as I do.

ConsummateK

Smash Cadet
From the first time I killed someone with a fully charged neutral B in Melee, I knew Roy was my boy. I played him even though all my friends told me (correctly) that Marth was a superior character. Now that things have turned around I couldn't be happier. He's so much fun to play.

Out of curiosity, are their Fire Emblem games on 3DS, WiiU or XboxOne (eh?) that I could download and play? I have zero experience to his actual games, but really enjoy good RPGs. Seems like a no brainer but I don't currently have a good setup for emulation.

ConsummateK

Smash Cadet
Fire is energy, not an element.

:178:
Is there a joke I'm missing or are you being weirdly and needlessly pedantic? It's semantics. Fire is considered an "element" in countless stories, games, movies, etc. I recognize that doesn't make it technically correct but it's an odd thing to take a stand on unless you just want to show everyone how smart you are.

Douglas Jay Ganon

Smash Apprentice
I didn't give a crap about him in Melee, and even in his own game (they said the character was annoying till the end). But MAN, Sakurai and his art team made a GREAT work on him! He's sexy (no homo) and even thought I generally don't like Japanese VO, the VO of Roy is simply so awesome (neutral b fully charged, up b:psycho:)

I didn't give a crap about him in Melee, and even in his own game (they said the character was annoying till the end). But MAN, Sakurai and his art team made a GREAT work on him! He's sexy (no homo) and even thought I generally don't like Japanese VO, the VO of Roy is simply so awesome (neutral b fully charged, up b:psycho:)
Don't just go off other opinions on Roy. The same people think Hector, a much more annoying character who I don't find that good gameplay or character-wise, is the coolest motherf**ker ever. The Fire Emblem fandom as a whole rarely has good opinions. Play Roy's game for yourself if you ever want to see what he's like.

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
From the first time I killed someone with a fully charged neutral B in Melee, I knew Roy was my boy. I played him even though all my friends told me (correctly) that Marth was a superior character. Now that things have turned around I couldn't be happier. He's so much fun to play.

Out of curiosity, are their Fire Emblem games on 3DS, WiiU or XboxOne (eh?) that I could download and play? I have zero experience to his actual games, but really enjoy good RPGs. Seems like a no brainer but I don't currently have a good setup for emulation.
Roy has never really had any game that has been officially released in the states, but there is a really good fire emblem on the 3ds called FE:Awakening which has a new design for Roy in it's DLC. And a new Fire emblem game is coming later next year

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
>Tfw someone who mains Roy in sm4sh doesn't like him in melee even though he isn't considered good by most people.

Douglas Jay Ganon

Smash Apprentice
Don't just go off other opinions on Roy. The same people think Hector, a much more annoying character who I don't find that good gameplay or character-wise, is the coolest motherf**ker ever. The Fire Emblem fandom as a whole rarely has good opinions. Play Roy's game for yourself if you ever want to see what he's like.
I was adding that for "aditional" info. Btw, you're right, I must play the game if I want to know the character.:facepalm: The only problem is that I don't speak japanese... Do you know were can I download it to play it in English at the very least?

Thanks!

3DS: Fire Emblem: Awakening (has Robin, Chrom, and Lucina, Marth+Roy+Ike+Lyndis have both free Bonus Box recruitments with classic art and DLC with new redesigns) which has been out here since 2013, with Fates (two routes and a neutral route that are all full stories and games of their own) coming out in 2016, which will also feature character DLC.

Wii U: Get a game called "Fire Emblem" (it's the seventh, the overseas title is misleading) which features Roy's father, and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. I think Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is either out or coming out, which features Marth, and they'd better put Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn on Virtual Console, which feature Ike.

Start with Awakening on Normal/Casual, move onto The Sacred Stones on Easy, then FE7, then Shadow Dragon.

Awakening is the most expensive of these, so if you can't afford it now, just bump it to later on the list.

You'll be able to take the learning curve of the games in pretty nice chunks.

Fire Emblem will probably never come to Xbox One, as it's a first-party series. There may be similar Strategy RPG's on it, though. This will keep you occupied until you have a good emulation setup, which is where you can get into games like Roy's. Fire Emblem games have hella replay value, too.

I was adding that for "aditional" info. Btw, you're right, I must play the game if I want to know the character.:facepalm: The only problem is that I don't speak japanese... Do you know were can I download it to play it in English at the very least?

Thanks!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugbo1ipzpji2lsc/Fire Emblem - Sealed Sword (U).gba?dl=0

It's a difficult game, you may want to save it for after finishing several Fire Emblem games. When you do play it, be sure to access all Gaiden chapters and keep all legendary weapons intact, serenesforest.net has what you need under "Binding Blade." Doing this will give you the best final route which this is where Roy's character shines most.

>Tfw someone who mains Roy in sm4sh doesn't like him in melee even though he isn't considered good by most people.
Almost nobody considers him good in Melee. He's garbage tier, I won't sugarcoat it. I feel like he's a good counterpick character for Fox, Captain Falcon, the Mario Bros, Ganon, Pikachu, the Links, and that he's better at the Yoshi MU than Marth, but his other MU's hurt too hard. A lot of his meta has yet to be developed and he still has a lot of potential, though. Neo was the only Roy to really have a truly solid foundation and truly play him correctly, he made dat $$$ at MLG primarily going Roy. Sethlon developed cool stuff for Roy and did some cool things in his matches, but I feel like he's not the face of Roy that'll advance the character as needed. I also feel that people need to build more off the foundation Neo showed us and experiment on their own with recent meta development from places like the 20GX Facebook group and G&W group on other characters and see how it applies to Roy, as well as testing out new things that may be successful. Just my two cents.

Top Bottom