• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do we main Sheik?

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
Inspired by Airo...

Why do we main Sheik?

I main her because I think she's really powerful and fast. I love her moves; favorites:

Chain
Needles
Side Kick

Plus, I'm a BIG Ocarina of Time fan. :p

So, why do you main Sheik?

EDIT: Also chat thread for Sheik. :D

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
Well, okay... She... I'll edit it.

Yeah, I main Zelda too, but I used to use Sheik more than her. :p

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
b/c she iz broken? :laugh:

edit: I think he meant light arrows. You know, the ones that pwn ganon.

S2

Smash Lord
OOT is easily one of the best designed games ever made and a huge personal favorite.

The novelty of being able to play as Sheik was something that had me very excited about Melee. Which makes sense, you take the coolest NPC from one of the best games ever made... then you make her a blast to play as.

Guranteed winner.

Just remember, everytime you play as Sheik and lose... did you really lose? I'm pretty sure you just played as a kick-*** ninja, while your opponent was something like a frumpled old space-animal or a sexually confused swordsman. SO WHO'S THE REAL WINNER THERE?

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
OOT is easily one of the best designed games ever made and a huge personal favorite.
Agreed.

Just remember, everytime you play as Sheik and lose... did you really lose? I'm pretty sure you just played as a kick-*** ninja, while your opponent was something like a frumpled old space-animal or a sexually confused swordsman. SO WHO'S THE REAL WINNER THERE?
LOL! So true! :laugh:

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I'm stuck with her. I know she sucks, but I'm much better with her than my other secondaries, and it'd take too long to get those other secondaries better than my Sheik. So even though she gets ***** the better you get, I'm stuck.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
I main her because I think he's ...
Major contradiction. I prefer you get it all wrong or all right.

I main HER cause... she's good. SHE'S a combo machine and has excellent grabs. The needles work as great projectiles (admit it, you love it when you take out a Samus Charge shot :) ) and she has one of the best Fairs in the game.

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
I thought I fixed that... D:< Oh well. =P Thanks for pointing that out. It is OFFICIALLY fixed. xD

admit it, you love it when you take out a Samus Charge shot
It truely is wonderful, isn't it? =D

She's the best. Just like Zelda.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
I main her because she's interesting to use and I don't get bored when I play as her.

I used to main Fox for 2 years, got boring. Then I started to play around using other characters, going from Marth to Falco to Fox to Marth to Falco to Peach to Marth to finally Sheik. I play PAL version so Sheik isn't(yeah right) as bad as people think she is. She can move really well, has nice comboes, really variable playstyles, needles are awesome and add a lot of deepness, she doesn't get easily gimped and can gimp very well, one of the best down smashes in the game, and so on. But most importantly, she's very fun to play with and it's less boring than with any other character. I think if you get bored when you play as Sheik, you just play wrong(dthrow to fair times million, dsmash times 2 million).

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I like her variability (her defensive game is ridiculously amazing and her offensive game is good too) and how she doesn't feel quite as mechanical as Fox/Falco. And some of her tricks are really funny.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
it's the versatility of sheik that i love. the many evil edgeguards and combos she has. plus, shes fast. i only play fast characters. and OOT is one of my favorite games of all time.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Well, she does suck. Fox and Marth are much better than her. You can't main Sheik and get to a high level of play without having a really good secondary... like Fox and/or Marth.

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
Well, no matter what, Sheik is the best in my book.

Zero_P, why not start her? She IS cool. :D

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Well, she does suck. Fox and Marth are much better than her. You can't main Sheik and get to a high level of play without having a really good secondary... like Fox and/or Marth.
Dno, Amsah hasn't lost a tournament in Europe for over 2 years. Now that's a long winning streak.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Because of how easy it is to be mediocre with her.

She's fast, has good killing moves, a fearsome projectile, and she's fast. I've even seen newbies play halfway-decent with her. Unlike the other top tiers, she doesn't require mind games or advance techinques to play well in a non-competitive envronment.

COEY

Smash Lord
Dno, Amsah hasn't lost a tournament in Europe for over 2 years. Now that's a long winning streak.
Amsah has strong secondaries as well as an amazing sheik. At ROS4 against Armada he won a game with his marth after osing the open match wiht his sheik. I believe he also used Marth vs Helios at that very same tourney, and i know in the past he's gone Fox vs CJ's sheik. And i'm sure there are so many more cases.

Back on subject in PAL in my opinion sheik is the best character, so thats why i play her. It's also fun to pull new combos out of the hat when she has so many almost 'set' combos.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
If Sheik didn't have the needles, would she be cheap?
no, according to amsah needles are the only move that REALLY is necessary for Sheik. Keeping sheik from using one of her moves wouldn't change her gameplay that much, while don't using needles would result in sheik playing in a completely different way.

Amsah has strong secondaries as well as an amazing sheik. At ROS4 against Armada he won a game with his marth after osing the open match wiht his sheik. I believe he also used Marth vs Helios at that very same tourney, and i know in the past he's gone Fox vs CJ's sheik. And i'm sure there are so many more cases.
when he went Marth against Helios he lost, and his purpose wasn't winning when he went Fox against CJ, ususally Amsash does that in order to clear his mind and study his opponent better at the same time. Marth can be as good as sheik if the Marth player doesn't do any mistake but Fox definitely isn't IMO.

Drephen

Smash Master
no, according to amsah needles are the only move that REALLY is necessary for Sheik. Keeping sheik from using one of her moves wouldn't change her gameplay that much, while don't using needles would result in sheik playing in a completely different way.
I dont use needles at all, then again......

while don't using needles would result in sheik playing in a completely different way

lol

Top Bottom