• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do smashers dislike BRAWL+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOneReallyCares

Smash Rookie
I dont know what it is, so thats why i hate it, so maybe they also dont know what the crap it is :p
EDIT
Found what it is, ill try it when im not lazy

BEES

Smash Lord
I'm not sure about it. At first I didn't like it and I'm not sure if I do yet. The "combos" are cool and all, but I think at this point, it's a spoof. The game really doesn't even natural. Some characters feel like they have unnecessary weight and the general movement is different. The hit stun seems awkwardly long, and why are footstools not out? No tripping is cool, but footstools are dumb aspect and no one ever means to do them yet then can cost matches.
doesn't sound like you have any reason to dislike the newer codesets for Brawl+

Lovage

Smash Hero
the fact that brawl+ and balanced brawl exist is a testament to brawl being a crummy game

sorry if this could be considered trolling but it's the truth

Iliad

Smash Lord
This is stupid. The people who like melee.......play melee.
Some people who went over to brawl played it for so long and gave it so many chances to somehow make up for the disappointment only to realize they lost any semblance of melee skill, and even if they were to retain their former glory, they would be remarkably behind in the ever increasing metagame that melee is home to.

>.>

That being said. I can't take B+ seriously, the only thing I enjoy is Link being ****.

*edit* And if that's not enough of an explanation then... The game is not aimed towards improvement except in the lulz view of the creators who feel that brawl should be the ******** half brother of melee in all aspects. The attempt to re-introduce hitstun, l-cancelling, non-sweetspotting, increased speed. What this does is actually throw the game in a loop and without ACTUAL balancing, characters that were broken before with no hitstun, now become ungodly good WITH hitstun. While it provides a venue for lower tier characters to try to do better, important things like, method of recovery, recovery distance (both horizontal and vertical), and still slow movement (The whole game is sped up, not just specific characters) means that characters remain in low tier spots for the exact reason they were low tier in vanilla brawl.

If ganon knew how to recover, or knew how to not get gimped by everything imaginable, I'd seriously consider using him competitively in vBrawl.

If Link knew how to recover, and was able to play his normal style without resorting to gimmicks like Legan's "advanced" zairFF spam, and didn't have start up lag on his Up+B (This alone would be a saving grace and prove as effective as Marth's dolphinslash out of shield) then i'd seriously consider using him competitively in vBrawl.

But nothing like this is changed. Just revamped hitboxes, a ****load of artificial hitstun (More hitstun than melee infact, because melee took skill to combo, wave dashing and abuse of air-ground movement allowed you to close the gap quicker to even allow combos), L-cancelling that is just handed to you among other lame *** changes.

The ONLY true change I see that I approve of, is being able to use the pokemon seperately as individual characters seperate of PT.

Salocin Katze

Smash Rookie
The attempt to re-introduce hitstun, l-cancelling, non-sweetspotting, increased speed. What this does is actually throw the game in a loop and without ACTUAL balancing, characters that were broken before with no hitstun, now become ungodly good WITH hitstun. While it provides a venue for lower tier characters to try to do better, important things like, method of recovery, recovery distance (both horizontal and vertical), and still slow movement (The whole game is sped up, not just specific characters) means that characters remain in low tier spots for the exact reason they were low tier in vanilla brawl.

If ganon knew how to recover, or knew how to not get gimped by everything imaginable, I'd seriously consider using him competitively in vBrawl.

But nothing like this is changed. Just revamped hitboxes, a ****load of artificial hitstun.
Whoa, time out. Have you played this B+ at all? First of all the entire series does not revolve around being gimped if that was the case than Metaknight would never lose in vBrawl right? Wrong.

The changes in hitstun are not as great as melee's. Hit a tipper with Marth's dash attack in melee and watch a character float for a second in the air before he can move. Second, what they have done is improved moves on a frame specific level. Giving character's like Ganon the ability to combo into more damage, giving him defensive options, and a slightly easier time approaching gives a balance to his lack of solid recovery.

They aren't trying to take away the characters inherent playstyle weaknesses and strengths. They are trying to create a harmony so that:
Before: Ganon had NO approach, NO defensive options, and NO recovery.
Now: Ganon HAS approach options, HAS defensive options, but still has recovery problems.

These kinds of subtle changes to moves even by 1 or 2 frames makes a worlds worth of difference. The idea is to take a character who had a play style that was all there own and make it competitive against all character. There will always be advantages and disadvantages as par the usual but with these changes these differences can be shrunk to a manageable level.

I would agree with your statement if only hitstun was added but the people of Brawl+ have gone and changed more than that.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
i hate brawl+ and Bbrawl, and yes i have tried them both.

As far as I'm concerned, it looks and feels like an attempt at melee to me. That's what really bothers me, especially since i like brawl more then melee.

It dosen't look or feel right, to have so much hitstun in a brawl universe or certain other dumb changed like they made... it also has the HUGEST character bias that i have ever seen in my life, namely in Captain Falcon, Sonic, and Fox and being biased is the worst thing you can do when editing or making a game.

Apparently, Lucario is a much better character in brawl+ and BBrawl... i couldn't really care less because if i wanted to play a game thats trying to be melee i'd play melee, simple as that.

Play Melee or Brawl. Not BBrawl or Brawl+

Brawl- is for teh lulz

I mean, why can't people just accept Brawl for what it is and get over it? Don't like it? play melee!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
This discussion is not very different to 'Melee Vs. Brawl' debate threads which are not allowed under our rules. What's been needed to be said has been said already.

At the end of the day, it just comes down to personal preference. You should be able to figure it out yourself.

:056:

EDIT:

I should correct myself. Though it didn't start as such, it has deteriorated into a Brawl+ vs. Not-Brawl+ thread which it would inevitably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom