• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people assume that characters will be fighting bosses from there own series.

Dagingabreadman

Smash Apprentice
I see all these sort of threads about how PT will face Mewtwo as a boss fight and Kirby fighting DeDeDe as a boss. But isn't the whole point of smash to bring series together? I mean look at Petey Pirrannah boss fight, you use KIRBY!
So whats to say that Link will fight Ganondorf and not K. Rool?

The answer is not a **** thing. The series is about bringing other series together, not separating them into their separate franchises.

Please Discuss

PS If this is supposed to be in a different room please move.

Frogla

Smash Ace
well yeah they will meet with other bosses, but bowser is more apt to try to kill mario than he is Pikachu

Dagingabreadman

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but the bosses might mnot be working for themselves or following their own rules. SE anybody?

Zek

Smash Ace
well yeah they will meet with other bosses, but bowser is more apt to try to kill mario than he is Pikachu
Except that Bowser is antagonizing Donkey Kong while Mario is running around with Pit. It seems like the match-ups in Adventure are without any real rhyme or reason.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
People weren't really saying that Dedede was going to fight Kirby, just that he should be the boss from Kirby's game. That said, Frogla makes a good point, because, while the series may be about bringing characters together, last I checked Ridley didn't have a grudge against Kirby.

TheKruskinator

Smash Apprentice
People weren't really saying that Dedede was going to fight Kirby, just that he should be the boss from Kirby's game. That said, Frogla makes a good point, because, while the series may be about bringing characters together, last I checked Ridley didn't have a grudge against Kirby.
I thought Ridley had a grudge against anyone who isn't Ridley.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Here's something hilarious and mindgame-y Sakurai could do:

We have a scene. Our heroes make it to Arbitrary Destination X, and are ready to move on when suddenly RIDLEY SWOOPS IN. He's pissed.

Cue Fight scene!

PLOT TWIST: You are Ridley.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Here's something hilarious and mindgame-y Sakurai could do:

We have a scene. Our heroes make it to Arbitrary Destination X, and are ready to move on when suddenly RIDLEY SWOOPS IN. He's pissed.

Cue Fight scene!

PLOT TWIST: You are Ridley.
Awesome Sauce, i could definetly see a Lucas and Ridley Team.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Lucas should be the final boss gone mad with power.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really interested against heroes facing off against their respective villians, I get that enough in their own games. Bowser may have a grudge against Mario, but him fighting Mario is kinda boring when he has the opportunity to face off against Samus or Captain Falcon instead.

Spellman

Smash Ace
I'm not really interested against heroes facing off against their respective villians, I get that enough in their own games. Bowser may have a grudge against Mario, but him fighting Mario is kinda boring when he has the opportunity to face off against Samus or Captain Falcon instead.
Oh yeah, well I'm sure there's a logical reason for the antagonists to take on other protagonists. However, I think that heroes and villains alike will be taking on the new threat, save for the non-playable ones. I think King Bowser and King Dedede will end up having to face the ewwy-gooey threat aswell. So far only Bowsers henchmen and random Delfino mutated wildlife has appeared to threaten anyone besides the purple posse.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, even if they don't

If you DO want to fight the bosses, they might be in event mode...

Play as you favorite character VS their boss

TheFifthMan

Smash Journeyman
A couple blocks away from Purdue University
I could honestly see a dartboard roulette going in the Brawl dev studio.

SSE Team Leader: "Okay, it's the Mario and Pit stage, what boss should we give them?"

SSE Intern: *spins the roulette*

SSE Cool Guy: *throws the dart*

Roulette: *stops*

SSE Team Leader: Okay! They're gonna fight Liquid Snake. Lunch? I feel like tonkatsu ^_^

Dagingabreadman

Smash Apprentice
Thats what i believe should happen, if i wanted to slice up ganondorf with link, I would go and play Twilight Princess again. But I want to play smash, that means I want to pwn ganondorf with Jiggly.

BTW LOL at thefifthman

EarthboundMun

Smash Cadet
It's generally the logic process people take when approaching the lightly ventured subject of major boss battles in Subspace Emissary. It's easy to assume that characters will fight evil characters from their respective franchises. Yes, I'm sure there will be lots of cross-fighting (Kirby vs. Petey gives it away), but I'm sure there will be an equal amount of same-series battles.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Sorry I forgot to mention DK vs. Bowser, all we need is one more and then we can see, although apparently Bowser has a large role in SSE, he creatures are widely used...

iruchii

Smash Apprentice
You're all (or most of you) forgetting that there's a plot behind the SE.

I don't think Bowser would go and steal some bananas from DK just because he was hungry.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
You're all (or most of you) forgetting that there's a plot behind the SE.

I don't think Bowser would go and steal some bananas from DK just because he was hungry.
Precisely. If you ask me, Bowser's gonna recruit D.K. or Diddy for help, and used the Banana's to lure them in. I obviously don't know this for sure, but ****--Bowser/D.K. teaming up would be pretty epic.

While I do believe that some goodguys will be facing different badguys, I also believe that there has to be some level of game relevance. While maybe at one point a character like Pokemon Trainer faces Ganondorf, at some point, Link's gotta go down there and show him what's what. I feel like it'd ruin certain bosses integrity if a character from another game were to best them.

Top Bottom