• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do I see too many Mario players FG

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I don't get it. Every time i end up playing against someone more than two matches, i almost always without fail, see a mario. Why do so many people play mario? I used to have no problem with him. There was a pretty decent DR. mario player i used to play against when i was in school. But honestly, fast forward to now and mario is just an annoying character almost all people play on FG. I'm usually a marth/kirby when people switch to him, but even then they just do the generic mario BS, rarely working. I don't usualy lose to these players, and its just not fun to play against them in general. I really want to see more kirby and marth players because i rarely see any. and sometimes when i play marth, people switch to him because they think theyre better as marth. Sometimes they are, but more often than not they just use him against my own. This is really just a rant about me being sick of for glory players. So to any of you people who play mario on for glory, think twice next time. For our sakes, learn a new character.

KirbyFan20

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FlameMaster93
3DS FC
4811-7980-0973
Agreed, FG really needs some more variety character-wise.

All I ever see are Cloud, Mario, and Falcon players more than half the time.

Gets very boring after a while.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I hear a ton about how there's a ton of mario, cloud, sonic, and LM players on FG, yet I cannot recall the last time I fought anone on FG who used any of those 4.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I hear a ton about how there's a ton of mario, cloud, sonic, and LM players on FG, yet I cannot recall the last time I fought anone on FG who used any of those 4.
I guess its like luck of the draw. Thats so stupid.
Btw i really like jojo. I respect you lord dio.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Mario's common because he's super easy to play. He's also one of the more well-known video game characters in Smash.

Both these reasons apply to Cloud as well.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Mario's common because he's super easy to play. He's also one of the more well-known video game characters in Smash.

Both these reasons apply to Cloud as well.
Ugh i hate to admit it but you're right. I actually was big ff7 fan and i played cloud for a bit. but i got sick of it. because i feel like he became another braindead character sometimes.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice
I remember when I felt mario was well balance before the very patch that made him start grinding the scrubs(lower tier level characters) out of commission.
Mario has alot of handy tools, but what I think they killed it was some of his range and power buffs they gave him if I remember correctly.
Ever since that patch, I kinda considered him half brain dead now.
Cloud to me is the same which is why I see both of them most of the time.

Kinda funny though, cloud is like a Pay to win character.

Last edited:

v3ga

Smash Cadet
It definitely has nothing to do with the fact that a mario player just won the biggest fighting game tournament in the world....

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I don't follow tournaments so i wouldn't know.
It's like how everyone was using Palutena after Prince Ramen beat ZeRo with her. A good player winning with them doesn't mean they're easy to win with, something a lot of people found out playing Palutena.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I've seen plenty of Marios on For Glory even before Ally won. Mario is just an fairly easy character to play as with absurdly good frame data. That's all there is to it, really.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I kinda wish i could just get more diverse characters. i never see palutenas or rosalinas, ive been seeing some zss lately but still the same BS. I saw a ludwig that played like a ****** and people who play lucina are just annoying. Whenever i see roy theyre either really bad or really good. rarely good. and lately ive seen more players that just sit back and spam as one of the several most annoying characters. pac, duck, toon, link, etc

Combos4Dayz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Combos4Dayz
3DS FC
1392-8440-5699
Look, all your mains are low tier.

Quit complaining & git gud. ;)

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Haven't seen any Marios lately from my experience, or maybe I just don't play Smash online very often to know for sure. Though despite that, I'm still seeing a lot of goddamn Falcons, which I'm getting really tired of.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Look, all your mains are low tier.

Quit complaining & git gud. ;)
Shut up about tiers. That's not even relevant here. We're just talking about characters we see too much and its not fun to play them because of that.
Edit: and no one mentioned anything about losing. Once again your git gud is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Combos4Dayz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Combos4Dayz
3DS FC
1392-8440-5699
Shut up about tiers. That's not even relevant here. We're just talking about characters we see too much and its not fun to play them because of that.
Edit: and no one mentioned anything about losing. Once again your git gud is irrelevant.
You.

You funny guy.

Funny guy make me laugh.

Last edited:

v3ga

Smash Cadet
Don't worry about it. Real men don't need high tiers

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Because Mario is a character made for scrubs to feel good about themselves. Why do you think he has ridiculous frame data? He's good while being just as piss easy to use as Cloud. That's all there is to it.

>Metα<

Smash Cadet
NNID
LuigiMario793
3DS FC
4124-5762-8357
Mario was most likely made an easy character for those who wanted to get into competitive smash.

He has tools for every occasion and is just a good way to learn the fundamentals of smash. Due to Mario's relatively low skill ceiling, he basically relies on fundamentals. So, a player with good fundamentals is generally a good Mario.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Mario was most likely made an easy character for those who wanted to get into competitive smash.

He has tools for every occasion and is just a good way to learn the fundamentals of smash. Due to Mario's relatively low skill ceiling, he basically relies on fundamentals. So, a player with good fundamentals is generally a good Mario.
Smash is primarily a party game. Mario was made easy for casual Smash. Not "competitive" Smash which is something that is fan-made.

Combos4Dayz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Combos4Dayz
3DS FC
1392-8440-5699
Smash is primarily a party game. Mario was made easy for casual Smash. Not "competitive" Smash which is something that is fan-made.
Not that I should keep posting here, but you lot of casuals do realise this game was patched 16 times to be centred around competitive Smash, right?

Last edited:

v3ga

Smash Cadet
Not that I should keep posting here, but you lot of casuals do realise this game was patched 16 times to be centred around competitive Smash, right?
You do realize this has nothing to do with thread topic, right?

Seriously though, there is no evidence to support this assumption at all, patching was simply done for balance purposes, nothing more, nothing less. For all kinds of play.

Furthermore, I don't know what kind of benefit you get out of insulting fellow smash players, unless your goal is to get looked down upon by the forum. And don't call yourself "combos4days" when you play Mario. Utilt to Utilt is not a combo. Cheers

Last edited:

>Metα<

Smash Cadet
NNID
LuigiMario793
3DS FC
4124-5762-8357
You do realize this has nothing to do with thread topic, right?

Seriously though, there is no evidence to support this assumption at all, patching was simply done for balance purposes, nothing more, nothing less. For all kinds of play.
Yeah, this thread is supposed to be centered around Mario.
Furthermore, I don't know what kind of benefit you get out of insulting fellow smash players, unless your goal is to get looked down upon by the forum. And don't call yourself "combos4days" when you play Mario. Utilt to Utilt is not a combo. Cheers
Roasted. :bowsermelee:

Last edited:

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Yeah, this thread is supposed to be centered around Mario.

Roasted. :bowsermelee:
Well its not really meant to be about mario in particular.... i just wanted to vent some because i was getting frustrated. maybe ill change the name of this post.

Last edited:

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Don't pick on combos4days too much. he's just a kid copying everything he saw on youtube.

Last edited:

Combos4Dayz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Combos4Dayz
3DS FC
1392-8440-5699
I was messing with you guys, but this has gone far enough.

I'll be the bigger man here and apologize to everyone I insulted with my text.

Last edited:

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Lol its cool man. Noone really took ya seriously. i mean how could we when your pic is mario?

Nick Smash

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9900-3491
Because Mario is awesome. He is my main and has always been since I was a kid. You rant as if Mario is like super common. Not a lot of People main Mario and if you're seeing more recently it's probably because of Ally winning Evo this year. You know how the bandwagons are.

I've seen plenty of Marios on For Glory even before Ally won. Mario is just an fairly easy character to play as with absurdly good frame data. That's all there is to it, really.
Awesome Avi dude. I kinda did something similar with mine.

Because Mario is a character made for scrubs to feel good about themselves. Why do you think he has ridiculous frame data? He's good while being just as piss easy to use as Cloud. That's all there is to it.
Woah buddy. You sound like you have some personal vendetta against them. Lol Playing as them is no easier than playing with anyone you PRACTICE with. It's all about the player's skill. So don't say that Mario and Cloud players are generally "scrubs" as you say. It's just not true.

True. Nintendo has said it themselves. Mario has balanced abilities. Average jump,average power,average speed. Nothing is bellow average or above it. So generally, if a player is good with Mario,he is good at Smash.

"Was" a party game. Nintendo has recently acknowledged the fact that Smash is Competitive hence Smash Con. But you do have a point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Because Mario is awesome. He is my main and has always been since I was a kid. You rant as if Mario is like super common. Not a lot of People main Mario and if you're seeing more recently it's probably because of Ally winning Evo this year. You know how the bandwagons are.
Mario was common even before Ally won EVO 2016. He's one of the most common characters you see in this game. Maybe not as much as Captain Falcon or Diddy Kong, but still Top 10 Most Common at the very least.

Nick Smash

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9900-3491
Mario was common even before Ally won EVO 2016. He's one of the most common characters you see in this game. Maybe not as much as Captain Falcon or Diddy Kong, but still Top 10 Most Common at the very least.
Well, I can't argue with that. That is true. But pretty much only for Smash 4. He wasn't super common in all the other games. Except maybe Smash 64.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
i dont see diddy kong like ever.

I mean its hard
I resent that. Lol
I mean its hard to take a mario enthusiast seriously when we are so sick of him.

Nick Smash

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9900-3491
I mean its hard

I mean its hard to take a mario enthusiast seriously when we are so sick of him.
Lol But why? He's the main character man. That's like hating Ryu in SF or Jin in Tekken or Lu Kang or Scorpion in MK. Lmao

i dont see diddy kong like ever.
Word. I don't either. He is a dope character though.

Top Bottom