• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you start playing smash

I'm the biggest NINTENDO fan I know.

My brother rented Smash64 one day. Then I rented Melee shortly after Gamecube launched. Then I bout Melee sometime in May of 2004. I can never fathom why I didn't just buy it after the rental expired.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
First played melee when it came out, thought it would be a cool buy, but i didnt really enjoy it.

I only got into it after going to my first brawl tournament a couple of months ago, I was playing the best in UK and was like WTF! I had no idea any of this was possible, so i ditched brawl and went all out on melee training. That was for me the best thing about brawl.
haha, best success story ever. see people, brawl can be useful! by showing awesome people the path to melee :D

thataintflaco1338

Smash Journeyman
everyone knows why

so tell.

i started playing smash because it looked cool...and all my friends had it
when i was 7, i loved the mortal kombat and street fighter games. I was a fighting game nut

so when i saw a comercial on TV about a new nintendo fighting game with mario, dk, fox, etc, I couldn't not buy it.

So I bought it that year.

Luccie

Smash Cadet
I started with Brawl (lol fail), and it was super-hyped, so I decided to be hyped too. Then, my brother wanted this game, so I had to agree to get it with him :|.

Geist

Smash Master
lol this thread
I got it the day it came out along with my gc
I never played competitively until 07 because I completely failed at using the internet for anything useful.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I instantly liked melee when I first played it but when I heard about ATs years ago I was totally blown away.

Geist

Smash Master
The first match I played, I was Bowser facing a Peach, link and zelda on mute city.
Items on, 7 stocks. Cousin's basement, on December 3, 2001, around 6 p.m. We had pizza for dinner.
extra cheeze, cut into squares on paper plates. Pepsi, not Coke. I played on the purple controller I still use now.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
mainly because i got a gamecube for christmas along with melee. i started to have fun playing my brother all day, once he started a 45 win streak, thats when i ran here for help, i could not tell if i suk, or need to know more. so, after 2 years of "so-called trolling"(everone remember my rapid topics on losing?) ive improved ALOT but i still get knocked around until i quit and move on to do something else. i HATE losing and not improving, its pointless to play someone and never get better. and yah, i just got whooped today >_< one of the reason i dont play melee with anyone as much. i stil have short lived fun though

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
About 3 years ago 2 of my roommates at the time were playing a good bit of melee. The game looked way to fast and complicated for me to have fun with them.. but after I tried it I was instantly hooked.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
There was like 3 (I know of) or more of these topics lol everyone is just too lazy to go find it and post there and so they make these all over again

Top Bottom