• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Did You Main Ike?

ToxicWaltz

Smash Rookie
I mained him when he first came out... 'cause I don't like MK that much and he was the only none homo swordsman in the game with out projectiles *cough Marth cough* but then I played Olimar and my world was flipped upside down. Fell in love and Olimar become one of my mains... Ike is still secondary.. though I kinda suck with him now =P

Royale

Smash Journeyman
ike is a secondary for me, love him because theres nothing more satisfying than grab>jab>bthrow jumping off of FD then Dairing luigi at sudden death

feels good bro

SharinganKnight

Smash Rookie
I enjoyed FE 9-10 and like his playing style. Also my one friend played the JP version of brawl before I did and told me Ike was unplayable so I wanted to prove him wrong.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
is the voice actor different for the japanese version? I rarely says this but, i love ikes american? voice actor alot

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
is the voice actor different for the japanese version? I rarely says this but, i love ikes american? voice actor alot
Yes, the voice actor is different. I personally like the Japanese version better; Ike sounds a lot less annoying. Same goes for Pit.

EXE

Smash Cadet
Ike is my favorite character in the FE series, alongside with Hector. I still remember the day I saw him at the Dojo, I was in my school's library and I shouted "HOLY **** IKE IS IN BRAWL!! OMG OMG!!". XD

DarkOrochi

Smash Rookie
When I first started playing Brawl, I chose Ike because I saw from japanese youtube videos how strong his attacks were.

I guess I just wanted to see how much faster I could make him with technical movements and stuff and bam here I am an Ike main.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Ike is my favorite character in the FE series, alongside with Hector. I still remember the day I saw him at the Dojo, I was in my school's library and I shouted "HOLY **** IKE IS IN BRAWL!! OMG OMG!!". XD
You epicly win just because you play fire emblem and LIKE HECTOR!

Roager

Smash Ace
Cuz I laugh at the nubs who try to quote Ike, and laugh, and then I raep them. And I laugh more. Plus, I just love that booming sound when Ragnell hits them. It's really satisfying.

BlueHurricane

Smash Cadet
Well, in Melee, I used Roy. When Brawl was out, I picked Ike as a replacement, since I couldn't tip Marth's attacks well. As soon as I practiced with him, his power astonished me. His playstyle fit me, as most other heavyweights moved awkwardly and weren't as fast, or lacked enough knockback power to satisfy me. And I thought Aether was awesome.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Well, in Melee, I used Roy. When Brawl was out, I picked Ike as a replacement, since I couldn't tip Marth's attacks well. As soon as I practiced with him, his power astonished me. His playstyle fit me, as most other heavyweights moved awkwardly and weren't as fast, or lacked enough knockback power to satisfy me. And I thought Aether was awesome.
Aether is still awesome

EXE

Smash Cadet
You epicly win just because you play fire emblem and LIKE HECTOR!
Thanks!

Not having Hector wasn't all that bad, mostly because Ike plays like Hector would've played if he was in Brawl. XD

Man, Fire Emblem has so many great characters, they could make a Fire Emblem Smash Bros. That would be awesome.

Top Bottom