• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose Meta Knight over others, and who did you main in Melee?

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
i like meta because of his pure awsomeness... besides that i dont know
i used to be a fox mainer

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I mained Sheik and Jiggs in Melee.

In brawl, MK seems like a combination of the two. Sheik's speed and Jiggs' Aerial game. I still use Jiggs just as much as MK, but I've dropped Sheik 'til I can figure out Zelda's moveset a little better.

I love MK's recovery from being knocked off the edge. The only way to kill him is to actually knock him off the screen, otherwise, 9 times out of 10 he's coming back. He's fast, has great priority. I've just gotta figure out how to use his specials more (Bad habit I picked up from maining Sheik over the years, I've gotten use to only having one useful special). I've got his Up-B covered, but I can't really implement Mach-Tornado to it's fullest. Always fun to have a new character to use, that's for sure.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
I chose meta knight long before the game came out, in fact I chose him when I saw him first in the E3 2006 video. In every smash bro game I main my favorite character

smash 64: pikachu
smash melee: shiek
smash brawl : meta knight

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
When I look at characters I tend to categorize them by speed, power, or balance, and for some reason I felt a lot more comfortable with a character that had pretty good speed, which is why my Main was Marth and my Secondary was Fox (Marth wasn't as fast as everyone else, but he had a good amount of speed, and his style ended up fitting me perfectly).

So, knowing how awesome Meta Knight Already was, I chose him to be my main in brawl. He has the kind of speed in his attacks that I had been used to back in Melee (When L-Canceling decreased time between attacks a good amount). Plus I mained Kirby in 64, so I was already used to getting in the extra jumps, but the glide option for Meta-Knight made him a pretty cool character to use as well. What almost turned me away from Using Meta Knight was the fact that all of his attacks set him into the 'Free-fall' State, but after using him for a while and figuring all of his B attacks, I Found ways to use them effectively in different situations (not all, but some).

My Secondaries in Brawl are now Marth and Sonic (Ultimate Speed! XD), but I hope to get better more with Marth than Sonic.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I like meta knight because of the quickness of his attacks. He is fast enough to let me be even more ridiculously aggressive than I was in melee :). Plus, it didn't hurt that I am a huge kirby fan.

I mained peach in melee.

Phlames

Smash Rookie
Meta knight is incredibly fun to use. I like the quickness of his attacks and his great recovery. I mained Dr. Mario in melee (seems like i'm not the only one).

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
I chose Meta Knight because he looks like a badass, despite being just a ball with a mask and cape. I generally dislike the weaker, speedy characters, but Meta Knight is an exception. His attack style is insane.

Oh, and I mained Samus in Melee. *still grieving the nerfs*

smsgh

Smash Rookie
I mained Samus in Melee too, so as soon as I played her in brawl, I knew I had to change. I played with Meta Knight once and I had my choice. His attacks are ridiculously fast, and I like how well he can keep people off the edge. I don't like how light he is though, so staying alive past 130-140 is a challenge.

JDegner790

Smash Rookie
I mained Meta Knight because first of all, he's just a generally cool character, and second of all, his airgame is ridiculous. In the best possible way. All of his aerials have a use (although I don't find myself using bair much since it's essentially a marginally slower fair) and he's an edgeguarding machine.

In Melee I mained Marth. I know Marth got buffed and nerfed at the same time (in different aspects, obviously), but the buffs just don't compliment my old playstyle. So I played around with some other characters and played Toon Link for a while. But once I played with Meta Knight more extensively, I found I liked him more.

KingAce

Smash Ace
I mained Samus in melee. I first saw meta knight on a preview of brawl on ign, and it said that he was a very strong character. Didn't really play smash competitively, just with friends casually occasionally playing a couple money matches but still never bothered to learn wavedashing, l-cancelling, or SHFFLing. But yeah, chose meta knight because of his overall combo ability and his mach tornado alone is a problem for many opponents.

RangeOverMatter

Smash Rookie
He kinda chose me...

Well at first in Melee I was always getting worked over by my friends, I used mainly Fox.

But since Brawl came out, all my friends and I got the same start, which was cool.
At first I used Ike, then I went to Marth, then Toon Link, and it goes on forever...Finally I get to use Meta Knight...
Now I did not switch characters everyday, I was using each character for a decent ammount of time. I mainly used Ike on the Japanese Brawl because my friend ordered it and a JWii so we did not have to wait for the American ver. of the game to come out LOL.

So I was decent with all the other characters...But wow, when I used Metaknight, I was up there in one day, the first day I really used him I totalled! The next day I watched some Gimpyfish video's and the second day of playing I was like equal with a lot of my friends. And now it has been a while and I am finally competition for a lot of my friends that play the game.

So, I feel like I was suppose to use Meta Knight because he fits my fighting style in the game, which is really cool, I am glad I can really connect with a character in Brawl that much.

Anyone else go through kinda the same thing?

-RoM-

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
what he means to say is, he's not competition for a lot of his friends that play, he OWNS a lot of friends now except for me (except on some matches >.<)

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
I chose Meta Knight simply because I am a huge Meta Knight fan. Ever since I played Kirby Super Star Meta Knight has been my favourite video game character. When I saw that he would be in brawl I knew I would be maining him. Now my two primary mains are MK and Kirby.

My melee mains were Ganondorf and Mr. Game & Watch.

Top Bottom