• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did Sheik absorb my rest?

Action_Master

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3711-7672-6859
My roommate and I were playing Jiggs v Sheik yesterday, and on two separate occasions, when I rested him he took 0 knockback. He took full damage, the rest hit sound went off, and he flashed as though he was hit. I, of course, fell asleep, but he was able to act immediately. Is this a known issue? Our best guess was that it was the fault of the emulation when running it on the Wii. We encountered a few other bugs that we assumed were caused by emulation as well. Has any else encountered similar problems?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's called a phantom hit. You just barely missed the rest by like 1 pixel a phantom hit occured. It does no knockback and only half the damage. It's really bad when you do a phantom rest. We have all done those and they make us feel bad.

CaramelCenter

Smash Rookie
It's called a phantom hit. You just barely missed the rest by like 1 pixel a phantom hit occured. It does no knockback and only half the damage. It's really bad when you do a phantom rest. We have all done those and they make us feel bad.
I thought phantom hits were right where the hitbox is tangential to the hurtbox. I don't remember where I heard this, does anyone else know?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I thought phantom hits were right where the hitbox is tangential to the hurtbox. I don't remember where I heard this, does anyone else know?
I don't know exactly how it works, but what I said is all you really need to know unless you want to get really technical.

Crossie

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's definitely when the hitbox and hurtbox don't quite overlap, but are tangent.

Top Bottom