• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Can't It Be Done!?

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
Why can't you put .rels over custom stages?! That way you could have a whooole lot of stages and you'd have all the music to choose from. This way you can have lots more stage hacks without clone codes and you wont have the wrong music for the wrong texture. WHY CANT IT BE DONE!?!?!?!

Gammastar

Smash Rookie
Well, I have absolutely zero experience in stage hacking, but it seems to me that the custom stages are no more than data files that contain information like which theme the stage uses, all the parts used in the stage, and those parts' respective locations. So unlike a real stage, custom stages are just packs of data arrays built into a playable stage upon selecting it on the SSS. Ergo, the extent of hacking custom stages is hacking the themes you can use to create them, and nothing more.

Of course, this could be completely wrong, since I'm no expert on the matter, but it makes sense to me (plus it explains why it takes so **** long to load custom stages)

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I see. I hope there's a way to get around it. Or get a successful clone engine lol.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Custom Stages are .bin files that contain simple information: What theme the stage uses, what song it uses and what parts are used and where they are placed. The files for the themes and their parts are stored in the STGEDIT.pac files, but that won't help you much. All you can do with that is edit the textures and models for certain parts and themes, but that edits them for all of the custom stages that use them.

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
I know. I just have a really big problem with having the wrong music on the wrong stage. If I used his method I'd only have four songs to distribute between more than four textures. I must find away to get around it!

Top Bottom