• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why be conservative?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Why does everyone play Smash so conservatively. They wait for opponents to get into an easy position in which they must concentrate completely to escape from. If you just attack like you have 10 stock and your opponent has 1, you kill enemies faster.
For example, once was playing Pichu dittos with my friend. He gets ahead 4 stock to 1. So, and I quote,"I may lose, but I will annoy you as much as possible!" Basically I go berserk, attack completely against what any strategy would state, and pwn. I make a 4 stock comeback ftw.
Why act like you're a noob? Several reasons
1)If you dont know what you yourself are going to do, how will your opponent know?
2)It's an excellent and frustrating mind game that often get me punched by friends
3)One might argue why if we play like noobs, wont we die like noobs? The difference is technical skill and the physiological advantage of your opponent fearing you, making them become more predictable as they try to plan a strategy.

Disclaimer:Do not try this on true champs, you will be punished. Only try it if you only have tech skill, but have no idea how to combo
Disclaimer 2: Playing naked distracts the opponent into defeat
Disclaimer 2 Disclaimer:You will be exposed to your friends f-tilt punch...

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Some characters are simply better at playing defensively. Others, like Pichu, it is crucial to keep the pressure on. Moving fast, and giving your opponent little time to think is Pichu's greatest asset.

Also, your sig could (at the time of this post) use some cleaning up. Those cutouts of Fox and Falco are pretty sloppy. No offense. If you would like a neater looking sig, PM me- I can help, and I don't charge. My personal designer made my own, and would love to make or improve others.

pdk

Smash Lord
you want agressive players, you find falcon players, there you go

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Lol. The only bad thing is it kills your controller with and C. Falcon.Many a good controller are killed. Oh and thnx hideous, I forgot to smooth up the edges. That was back in my MS Paint era.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
It's not good to be conservative all the time, nor is it good to be all out aggressive. People often like to generalize themselves as one or the other when that shouldn't be the point.

If you know of any really really skilled players you would know that they don't stay predominately in one play style. When they control the flow of the match they keep the pressure on and they don't stop until their opponent changes their strategy in an attempt to reestablish the flow of the match in their favor. Some people are more aggressive than others, some more defensive, but a good player can and will do both when the situation calls for it.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
The problem is most people I know just try to fake me out and get beat to a pulp because they dont realize that they arent always prepared for the other person to actualy strike. And $ick it was an example.

Top Bottom