• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are these boards so dead???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDC

Smash Lord
This may be kind of a random question, but, why are these boards so dead? Why are these boards so lifeless and slow? I thought jigglypuff was like the current king of smash, she's the reigning champ, sooo.....why aren't more people using her and why aren't her boards flooded with people discussing her?! :confused:

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
she is uber fun to play as I enjoy playing as most of the cast. also if someone plays as someone cause their best their dumb. fox is the best and easily one of the hardest.

aka.carpet003

Smash Cadet
I just picked up jigglypuff so yeah I too was wondering why there was nobody on this part of smashboards... maybe its because noone knows the Link vs Jigglypuff matchup... I'm just saying...

Mahone

Smash Champion
That is an excellent question, and seeing as how i have seen the rise and crash of these boards, i will tell you...

First of all, mango just stopped posting help on these boards a long time ago. Once he started picking up other characters and easily beating everyone, I guess he didn't feel like helping us anymore.

Also, even though people talk as if Jiggs is destroying the metagame, there are actually very few puff players. If you really think about it, only hbox does well with puff now.

I bet i just blew your mind, cuz you were like "no its not just hbox there is.... oh **** hes right"

Then there is the fact that people don't wanna secondary puff because they think she is gay.

And last but definately not least, the main problem is that the only people who give good advice and offer help to others are me and idea. Even though i disagree with idea on a lot of things, i still respect the fact that he tries to answer every question, as do I.

But ya, in conclusion, the boards are dead because we don't have pros like drpp who really help the community, however if you ever need help with puff just let me know and i will spend any amount of time helping you (i have nothing better to do so if you give me a vid i can walk you through it and stuff).

I'll try to get vids of me up, because i know you're thinking i probably suck since you haven't heard of me, but i just haven't gone to many tourneys and i just started playing last year, but i get to play with chudat, boss, chillin, greg, tope and other people so i am lucky enough to have alot of matchup experience.

SDC

Smash Lord
That is an excellent question, and seeing as how i have seen the rise and crash of these boards, i will tell you...

First of all, mango just stopped posting help on these boards a long time ago. Once he started picking up other characters and easily beating everyone, I guess he didn't feel like helping us anymore.

Also, even though people talk as if Jiggs is destroying the metagame, there are actually very few puff players. If you really think about it, only hbox does well with puff now.

I bet i just blew your mind, cuz you were like "no its not just hbox there is.... oh **** hes right"

Then there is the fact that people don't wanna secondary puff because they think she is gay.

And last but definately not least, the main problem is that the only people who give good advice and offer help to others are me and idea. Even though i disagree with idea on a lot of things, i still respect the fact that he tries to answer every question, as do I.

But ya, in conclusion, the boards are dead because we don't have pros like drpp who really help the community, however if you ever need help with puff just let me know and i will spend any amount of time helping you (i have nothing better to do so if you give me a vid i can walk you through it and stuff).

I'll try to get vids of me up, because i know you're thinking i probably suck since you haven't heard of me, but i just haven't gone to many tourneys and i just started playing last year, but i get to play with chudat, boss, chillin, greg, tope and other people so i am lucky enough to have alot of matchup experience.
Doesn't Hbox post here frequently?

And thanks man, will do, I probably won't have many vids up, I don't have recording equipment, and rarely play with anyone who does, but thanks for the offer, if I ever do get a vid of my jiggs I'll send it to ya. :)

Mahone

Smash Champion
hbox mostly posts to bair more, and while it works for him its not very good advice. I don't completely blame him though, cuz if you look through the earlier pages of stuff about puff, he answered a lot of questions very well and probably just doesn't want to repeat himself.

SDC

Smash Lord
hbox mostly posts to bair more, and while it works for him its not very good advice. I don't completely blame him though, cuz if you look through the earlier pages of stuff about puff, he answered a lot of questions very well and probably just doesn't want to repeat himself.
Lol but isn't that the solution to all problems? Bair = Jigglypuff's duct tape. :chuckle:

That move is so broken, the hitbox on that thing is just ridiculous:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ely7VTpG3N4

god what a dumb move

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Puff just isn't that popular of a character. Even among casual gamers--I mean, who wouldn't want to pick up a COOL laser-shootin' character like Fox or Falco? Or a ninja like Sheik? It takes a very particular kind of person to pick a floating head that winks at you. The kind that would call themselves a fruit or a box.

Benify

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eggn0g
3DS FC
5214-9751-3548
Its because in media people just dont like her character, although he has a couple of comedic moves like her Down grab :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom