• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why are ppl giving up on snake again

Status
Not open for further replies.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
snake is broken
just cuz a few people learned the matchup, now we're giving up?
this character is OP as ****, have you seen his ****ing moves?

just get better at the game,
learn to win against players, not against characters.

Laem

Smash Champion
the reality is that every1 follows ally
ITS TRUE
YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE US
AND I WISH YOU WERE THERE

-Ran

Smash Master
Snake is a great character, but isn't one that should be used as a single character army in a tournament. As I said in other threads, everyone that isn't named Ally still has a level of growth they can approach with Snake since no one reached his peak during the early months of this year. However, no one can argue that the game is starting to become about frame traps, and filling the stage with hitboxes while remaining safe. Snake is a punishment based character that is directly opposed to this style of play. The windows for Snake's raw strength to be displayed are shrinking at every level of play due to opponents playing sharper and smarter.

Beyond that, Snake has a TON of even Match ups, and so it's very possible to lose to a random low/mid tier character that you've only fought against once before. Beyond that, he has many match ups that take away from his strengths, such as against Falco, Olimar, D3, MK, and so forth. Though these match ups aren't necessarily horrible ones, they require Snake to utilize a completely different tempo and play-style than other matches.

Unfortunately, most people have been stubborn far too long and refuse to use the counter-pick system.

Unfortunately, most people have been stubborn far too long and refuse to use the counter-pick system.
I do not know about stubborn, but I it seems to be people or more afraid of using a character in a match-up that they hardly know.

napZzz

Smash Hero
snake is broken
just cuz a few people learned the matchup, now we're giving up?
this character is OP as ****, have you seen his ****ing moves?

just get better at the game,
learn to win against players, not against characters.
you're probably bad at this game, or trolling, or both

there was a never quitting snake "before" either lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom